Georgia Cyber Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Cyber Academy Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Cyber Academy

Online Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy.

Interview

Everything went pretty well. Not many job related questions. They were definitely EXTREMELY bias, asked a few personal questions I found unethical. Very easy over the phone interview. It felt more like a casual chat with an old friend than an interview to see if I was qualified to be a teacher or not.

Interview Questions

• How are you...? What kind of weather do you get in that part of Georgia..? (I was extremely appalled by the nature of the questions really)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

First step was the application which I first submitted two years ago. Then, there was an in-person interview process where MANY people were interviewed in February. I never heard back from this until a call in May asking if I was still interested. This was with the department head, so then things moved quickly. It would be nice to know what/how I made the cut, but I probably won't get that info.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience. Tell us one of your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Virtual Teacher Interview

Interview

Long employee process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Just Google the answers. This is ridiculous to take the test when they pay you so little.

Interview Questions

Connections Academy pays more.

Virtual Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

I got lost trying to find the interview location, but I arrived on time. It didn't matter because I sat in the lobby for nearly 45 minutes. I wasn't expecting an apology from the interviewer for his tardiness. However, it would have been nice to hear. The interview itself was so unprofessional; it caught me off guard. I was asked questions about my personal life that had nothing to do with the position for which I was interviewing. I was told a decision would be made within ten days. I sent both interviewers a thank you letter and a follow up letter when I did not hear anything after ten days. Neither interviewer responded to my emails. I was dissapointed that I obviously did not get the job. However, I was even more dissappointed, better yet irritated, that GCA did not have the common courtesy to respond to my emails, informing me that I would not be hired. However, I am finding that what I think is common courtesy is not common at all.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. Then I completed an online personality type questionnaire. Then I had an in person interview that consisted of a group interview and answering questions from possible scenarios with parents. It's basically a customer service job. The parents are the customers, and you do and say whatever they want to hear in order to make them happy so that they don't withdraw.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose this school to work with instead of another school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Teacher Interview

Interview

They emailed me after one month for a webinar. I selected the webinar and there were about 300 people in the room. After a week, I was invited to have a telephone interview. I interviewed with the teacher and she seemed rather disconnected from the conversation and had no passion or enthusiasm for the company. After two months - I was invited back to the second interview in person. It was at the office which was not on my GPS. When I arrived, I was in a group interview with two other people who did not make it. After three hours, they had scheduled a third interview with another teacher whose baby was screaming in the background. I was hired the following week but could not negotiate the salary,

Interview Questions

• What would be difficult to teach online?   1 Answer

Online Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy in September 2011.

Interview

Completed an interview with two administrators and then completed three weeks of training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate since the parent company K12 regulates salaries.