Georgia Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

They were nice and polite. Didn't really seem interested in what I was saying but at least they entertained it. I think they were looking for someone with more experience than I currently have, so they weren't really interested in hiring me. What happened next was that I left the interview and called them asking how it went.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

You will talk to the supervisor of the department that you are interviewing for, and only them. You will probably be the only one interviewing for the job because nobody that has been sent there has stuck with the job, so the job is probably yours. It is a pretty basic interview. Afterwards you are toured around, and then you are done. An hour at most.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Participated in an person interview- Duration of interview was approximately 1 hour, Went in and was interviewed by a panel of 8-9 people and was asked numerous standard behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you worked in a group and disagreed with someone?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia Power.

Interview

There was an initial interview that was on campus, and there was an on site. The interview wasn't difficult. I felt like it was laid back,and they just wanted to get to know us.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very professional and structured process, involving HR, hiring manager, other staff to explain job requirements, work environment, culture, management philosophy, benefits, options for professional growth, HR policies, diversity, and various operational areas of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are the most qualified person for this position.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through an online job posting at my university. About 5 months later, I was contacted to interview at the company's headquarters. I was emailed two questions to that I should be prepared to answer during the interview. The interview was a conducted by three people. They were all very friendly and professional. They asked me six preset questions and then we just talked for a little bit. The questions were pretty standard. Nothing hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships

Laboratory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Cartersville, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about three and a half months. I applied in mid October. Before the end of the month I was selected to test for the position, along with about twenty other external applicants. A practice test was supplied and it's very similar to the real test, so definitely study it. A week or so later I was able to see my test results, but then was still not guaranteed an interview. After about two weeks I was scheduled for an interview. I was supplied with example/potential questions; they were all asked. So prepare yourself for the interview with these questions. I interviewed with four people within the company. With preparation from the example questions I was able to give good answer responses.Then about two weeks later I was asked to provide transcripts to prove my education. Then a few days later I was called by a recruiter and offered the position. I accepted. Then I had to fill out a fair amount of forms and releases through third party vendors to release my medical history and background check. About the same time I was scheduled to take a drug screen at another third party place. Finally about two weeks after that, I was contacted again by the recruiter, who gave me a start date, two weeks in advance. Overall the process was a little drawn out, annoying, and actually had me discouraged that I was no longer under consideration at times. However, about the time I was sure I was no longer considered was usually about the time I heard back from them. Some contact is through the phone, the recruiter, but most is through email. Expect lots of third party vendors and long wait times. I've heard of some people getting hired much quicker, however it has been worth it. Everyone was very nice, you just have to be patient with how the process takes.

Interview Questions

• What does personal responsibility mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Describe your background and experience and why they quality you for the position   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a communication problem with an coworker, how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work on a team. How is teamwork important?   Answer Question
    • Explain how safety is important to you and to the position you've applied for   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power in February 2011.

Interview

There is a panel interview process that consists of multiple people asking questions. The process is challenging but in a relaxed atmosphere. They target behavioral attributes heavily. There are typically done with all candidates on the same day and the panel is there the whole time. Early in the day slots typically get tougher ratings but can set the standard for all subsequent people. Later in the day slots are tougher and have to be more engaging.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time that you had to manage a conflict with a peer? Give specifics and how you dealt with it.

Tell me about a time that you worked on a team that had an assignment. What were the results?

Tell me about yourself and the skills that make you a viable candidate for this job?

Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. It was a panel interview with several members of the department and HR. Typical questions. It was a round robin question and answer session. There was time to grill the interview panel as well. They did not offer a tour of the space.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my specific knowledge with various pieces of equipment.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with GA Power--very professional. Opportunity was not in my wheelhouse. Would appreciate opportunity to engage with them in future as GA Power is a strong firm in the Southeast.