Georgia Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Power Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

Administrative Assistant Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juliette, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Juliette, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

5 ppl on the panel so it was tensed. General questions for Admin position. Panel all talked on first name basis to me. Down to earth interview. Offered coffe or water. It waa easier than i expected.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very professional and structured process, involving HR, hiring manager, other staff to explain job requirements, work environment, culture, management philosophy, benefits, options for professional growth, HR policies, diversity, and various operational areas of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are the most qualified person for this position.   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (McDonough, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the service consultant position in Mcdonough Georgia. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable. I answered using the Star technique. The interview was short and simple. It was an one on one interview. One of the questions were, how the job that I am applying for ties in to your background and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest task of performing great customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Gainesville, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

It takes a while. First you apply, then they will call or email you to come in for a Customer Service Rep test, after or if the test is passed you are called for a phone interview. After the phone interview if still impressed they will set up a panel interview. They will evaluate and should call within a couple weeks. The whole process took me about 3 months. I applied in February and didn't get a interview until May. So do not get upset or think they forgot about you because they did not. Just have confidence and sell yourself well. They are a big company and they want to make the right decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Power.

Interview

There was a panel of 5. The panel has 5 question they ask in regards to customer service and customer satisfaction. The interview took almost 30 minutes and it was at the payment center.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I was asked basic questions about my background and education. A couple of days later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 4 people at once. 3 were in the conference room, 1 was on speaker phone. I was asked some more technical questions about data analysis and what software I was familiar with. They also asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? Describe a time when there was conflict in a group. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Corporate Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 managers and 2 Human Resource Personnel. Behavioral interview format. Had provided me 3 questions to prepare with and names of people on panel beforehand. The remaining questions were typical behavioral questions.I don't recall how I answered but they are basically looking to see if you are a hard worker, are easy to get along with, and will fit in with their culture. Having a background in utilities is a big place since their business is so unique. The interview was much harder than the actual job requirements. I don't know why their screening process is so rigorous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the job. They just like being "picky" and being known for being selective with candidates. It's mostly the culture you should focus on learning about. It's either you fit or you don't.

Interview Questions

• How did I resolve a conflict? How did I handle a situation where I made a mistake?   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (McDonough, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online; received invitation to test within 2 weeks; received invitation to interview within 2 weeks; interview length about 30 minutes with a panel of 2 supervisors who were personable and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia Power.

Interview

There was an initial interview that was on campus, and there was an on site. The interview wasn't difficult. I felt like it was laid back,and they just wanted to get to know us.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They used the behavorial STAR interview format, requesting that candidates stick to that format when answering any questions. Overall it was very formal. A panel interview with five people in the room. All had a pre planned question and they went around the room each taking a turn.