Georgia Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Power Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2018

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

They were nice and polite. Didn't really seem interested in what I was saying but at least they entertained it. I think they were looking for someone with more experience than I currently have, so they weren't really interested in hiring me. What happened next was that I left the interview and called them asking how it went.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Participated in an person interview- Duration of interview was approximately 1 hour, Went in and was interviewed by a panel of 8-9 people and was asked numerous standard behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you worked in a group and disagreed with someone?   Answer Question

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was in depth. It was a panel interview with 6 people (hiring manager and 4 other department personnel and the HR rep whom sat in on the session). It took 1 month to get a call for a phone interview w/ a HR rep, then I got a call for an onsite interview 2 weeks later that was scheduled 2 weeks after the 2nd phone call. Then I had an informal call back interview 3 days later and 2 days after that I was offered the position. The background investigation and drug screen are through a 3rd party that took 2 1/2 weeks to come back and then I got an email saying I was clear to hire. So in essence it took 3 months total from the time of application to my start date for the entire interview process. I would not say that it was a difficult process it was just a long one.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Style Questions: Describe one of the most difficult, challenging, demanding, or frustrating work experiences you have faced. How did you handle the situation? What did you learn from the situation?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 rounds of all behavioral questions. It's just for a co-op position so nothing too terrible. come prepared with group projects you've worked on and your greatest accomplishments. know your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• who do you look up to the most and why?   Answer Question
    • would you rather something you worked on be perfect and late, or not perfect and on-time?   Answer Question

AFT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very easy and executives were very friendly. If you just follow the STARS method, you would do fine. The questions they ask are also very generic. Ex) Name a time where you had to face difficulties and how did you deal with it?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to face difficulties and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juliette, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Juliette, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

5 ppl on the panel so it was tensed. General questions for Admin position. Panel all talked on first name basis to me. Down to earth interview. Offered coffe or water. It waa easier than i expected.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process was comfortable and very professional. A panel of interviewers with behavioral questions and some technical questions. The interviewers were nice and make you feel comfortable during the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a problem you had and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very professional and structured process, involving HR, hiring manager, other staff to explain job requirements, work environment, culture, management philosophy, benefits, options for professional growth, HR policies, diversity, and various operational areas of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are the most qualified person for this position.   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (McDonough, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the service consultant position in Mcdonough Georgia. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable. I answered using the Star technique. The interview was short and simple. It was an one on one interview. One of the questions were, how the job that I am applying for ties in to your background and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest task of performing great customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Gainesville, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

It takes a while. First you apply, then they will call or email you to come in for a Customer Service Rep test, after or if the test is passed you are called for a phone interview. After the phone interview if still impressed they will set up a panel interview. They will evaluate and should call within a couple weeks. The whole process took me about 3 months. I applied in February and didn't get a interview until May. So do not get upset or think they forgot about you because they did not. Just have confidence and sell yourself well. They are a big company and they want to make the right decision.