Georgia Tech Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Georgia Tech Research Institute

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview was centered around items on my resume and my experience. It wasn't super technical. There was an initial phone screening and then a panel interview where they asked various question on my background. No. whitebooarding.

Interview Questions

• 1. I had to explain the differences among programming languages on my resume.
      2. Answer general questions about different positions that I've held.
      3. Answer technical questions about past positions that I've held.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in May 2020.

Interview

Very casual. I met with the research engineering team via Skype (because of Covid-19) and we discussed what my responsibilities would be. The team was very nice and professional. I learned a lot about the company and am looking forward to working with them.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in person interview that took a few hours. I met with different branch managers and the head of the lab who mainly went over the hiring practices.

Applications Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online through Georgia Tech's website. The interviews were mostly through conversation. I interviewed with the Senior Manager of Application Development, one of the team leads, and another developer. The questions were all pretty reasonable, asking questions about concepts in OOP, Java, jQuery, etc.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe aggregation in object-oriented programming.   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online through the GTRI website. I received an email a week later to do an in-person interview at GTRI. The first half was object-oriented questions about Java, as well as other general questions about my knowledge of the language. The second half was part debugging poorly written example code and part technical interview question about Linked Lists.

Interview Questions

• Describe inheritance, encapsulation, and polymorphism   Answer Question
    • Write a program to determine if a linked list contains a cycle   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

Referred by a labmate. Sent resume to point of contact, and got a response one week later. Had one phone call with supervisor, then one onsite interview. Got asked typical behavioral questions, and a few technical questions.

Integrated EW Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in June 2019.

Interview

Met with 3 separate groups of engineers who asked me about my experiences and interests. Then I went out to lunch with 3 other engineers, one of whom was in charge of hiring.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in March 2019.

Interview

First, a quick screening call to describe their division, and ask if I was available for an onsite. Onsite was a very comfortable behavioral interview with 4 members of the division. They pitched and described their division first, then proceeded to ask questions about my resume and other standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

My interview process was very short and simple, consisting of a one-on-one with a researcher. It was very relaxed, but the fact that I am a local student may have impacted how the process was conducted.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: tell me about yourself, tell me about your work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in January 2019.

Interview

Had 2 phone calls in the span of 3 months; one in January and the other in early April. No technical questions were asked, instead they asked what projects have I worked on and some simple digital logic questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a Mealy and Moore machine?   Answer Question