Georgia Tech Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

about a 30-minute phone interview; next step was an in-person interview with hiring team (panel style); questions ranged across all aspects off analysis; there was a follow-up, exercise interview (same panel style) to demonstrate modeling.

Interview Questions

• Standard analyst questions, e.g, type of analyst deliverables   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Super Basic, asked me about my interests and my technical skills. As with any job they heavily based their decision off experience. They didn't dwell much on course work or grades. They prefer Computer Science/Engineering or related majors. They did not ask very technical questions.

They seemed interested but they never followed up with me which i found annoying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute.

Interview

The first step of the process involved coding questions I was tasked with before the formal interview. Nothing too bad.
    The second step/formal interview started off chatting about the Research Institute and the work environment and what projects I might have done in the past. Then moved into some technical questions about Java. This should be basic considering they are looking for students with a strong potential to learn, so don't expect anything above a data-structure level class (topics might include encapsulation, polymorphism, breadth-first search, etc.).

Interview Questions

• A general question regarding returning an ordered list from a tree using BFS.   Answer Question

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Smyrna, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very relaxing but had challenging questions. Please do your research on the company before you get in front of a hiring committee. Ask questions when they ask you too and don't be afraid to speak your mind to these people. They are looking for creative thinkers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase since I am a student. We get a set rate. Other employees such as technicians have to negotiate.

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sent resume to prof and was hired after the prof knew I had taken certain classes he let me do research with him. That was all. I didn't have to do anything else.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Found the job through a friend. Send in my resume and got an email and an interview set up a few days later. Interview was very relaxed and included a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Informative, direct, concise. Interested in what I could bring to the group. Open to share the details of what they work on. Described the connection with the Education system and the State.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume during an online job fair. It took many weeks to hear from GTRI. Eventually a face-to-face interview was scheduled. It was an all day interview. There are many people dealing with the hiring process. These people have very little (or no) interaction with the people making the decisions. PersonA contradicts was personB says. PersonC paints a picture of what goes on in the hiring process, but this has very little to do with reality.
      At the end of the interview I still had no idea what the job entails. Despite my questions, I still don't know what is expected of me. I had no idea if my skill set applied to the position I was being considered for. I had no idea what future work might be coming. I had no idea how this position could benefit my career.
      The (contractor) recruiter they use was very difficult to work with. (Don't rely on her doing proper job. Babysitting is needed.) I had to repeatedly chase her to keep the process moving. Dealing with her was an exercise in wasting time. Important issues are relegated to Emails rather than picking up a phone.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all reasonable. (Far removed from the bashing you get from a Google interview.) The interviews were of the form of general conversation. Most of the questions were about your prior work. They scan through the resume and ask about different items. In the end they are looking for keywords. They appear to have a general myopic point of view. There is very little preparation on their part. They really don't care about the interview.   Answer Question

The offer was 20% lower than the industry average. There was no negotiation on their part. Their lack of communication was stunning poor. They didn't seem to care about hiring me or filling the position.
      The arrogant attitude of management didn't sit well with me. There seems to be a pervasive atmosphere of intimidation. The passive aggressiveness was apparent in the interview.
      I didn't get the impression the people working there were happy to be there.

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in September 2014.

Interview

After completing online application, I was sent several other forms to fill out per the position I applied for. A couple of weeks later I received an invitation for a phone get to know kind of interview with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• During the interview process immediately after exchanging greetings, the recruiter asked that GTRI requires citizenship for most of the position and if I am US citizen. This question kind of threw me off guard, as I am a veteran who served in the Army and National Guard and clearly stated in my resume and several other forms that I filled out prior to the interview. Beside the citizenship question the recruiter seems to be interested in knowing what is I am good at and what I do currently. Within minutes after the interview was completed I received an email stating that I am not moving forward. Despite the immediacy of the email, I was not surprised by the rejection as I got the sense that the interview was not going well right from the beginning.   Answer Question

Research Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process went relatively smooth. I was a co-op at this company since Nov 2011. I was referred to another department that was hiring by my division chief. I met with the lead on a new project from that division. We talked for about 15min, then he told me to keep in touch. A few days later I followed up with him. I was given a phone interview with the branch head and senior member of the team. That interview lasted about 20min. About 10min later I got a call in which they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• The interview (phone) wasn't difficult at all. It was based on the current project they were hiring for. They ask what programming languages have I used? And what my experience level with each?   Answer Question