Georgia Tech Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process took about three weeks. Week one consisted of an email invitation for a phone interview which occurred during week 2, and then a face-to-face interview the third week.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers asked a variety of questions about multithreading techniques such as, but not limited to, how to perform locks on critical sections, how priority between threads is controlled, and how to prevent deadlocks and race conditions.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute.

Interview

I spoke on the phone with several employees and management, then did a 1 hour technical review. I freaked out and interpreted the task wrongly as something far more difficult and only realized it 5 minutes before the interviewer called back. I had a half finished program to answer a far more challenging question than was actually asked of me, but I walked through it with the interviewer and he took the time to walk through it with me and saw that I was at least on the right track, then discussed the actual simpler problem. By a textbook reading, it could be considered a failure, but instead he wanted to evaluate me on the criteria that were meaningful to the job, and I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• I was given a tree data structure in several states, and asked to determine what the data structure was, and to implement it with the requisite operations.   Answer Question

Senior Research Engine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Submit resume/references/transcripts, however, to my knowledge, mgmt didn't follow up with any of my references (despite providing seven). Management said verbally they'd hire me as Senior Research Engineer at my proposed salary, or at least seemed to respond positively. After 1 month of silence, I called HR who informed me my requisition was on-hold. After asking mgmt, I was told they were not ready to hire direct and to continue contract. 4 months later, I was told I will never be brought on direct, despite mgmt having me submit all required paperwork. To my knowledge, mgmt didn't ask for reviews from coworkers or call my references.

Interview Questions

• I believe I was asked about a legal matter concerning Georgia Tech and a family member.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Did two phone interviews, one conference call with senior tech lead and hiring manager. Very pleasant conversation and positive experience! Started with two phone interviews with the recruiter and then progressed to conference call with the hiring manager and tech lead in the field office I would be working at. It would have progressed to a in person interview after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about experience and my knowledge of the project they support.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Smyrna, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager via email to set up a phone screening that would last about 15 minutes. It was a generally good conversation, just brushed on my resume and why I enjoyed engineering. I think it was more of a behavioral/personality fit kind of thing. I was brought in for a full day of interviews with the hiring manager, his team, and people/groups of other divisions. I gave a 45 minute presentation in the middle of the day, followed by a lunch with 4 other team members. Everyone was nice, talked about their work, and answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to abandon your biomedical background? Do you think it be an issue when most of your work is DoD-contracted?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

about a 30-minute phone interview; next step was an in-person interview with hiring team (panel style); questions ranged across all aspects off analysis; there was a follow-up, exercise interview (same panel style) to demonstrate modeling.

Interview Questions

• Standard analyst questions, e.g, type of analyst deliverables   Answer Question

Research Security Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with five panel members and were questioned on various topics. Introduced myself and told the panel members who I was and what my purpose was for this job and how it was similar to a previous job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a deadline that you know you couldn't meet?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in December 2016.

Interview

Short and simple. I got a tour of the floor and was asked a few questions. They are looking for someone with an open mind who wants to get the job done right and fast.

Interview Questions

• Microsoft skills ? Tell me about yourself. The usual.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Super Basic, asked me about my interests and my technical skills. As with any job they heavily based their decision off experience. They didn't dwell much on course work or grades. They prefer Computer Science/Engineering or related majors. They did not ask very technical questions.

They seemed interested but they never followed up with me which i found annoying.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I reached out to the company through email, and got into contact with an employee, who met with me over coffee to discuss my qualifications, job details, and if I would be a good fit for the company and visa versa.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the design programs that you are familiar with?   1 Answer