Georgia Tech Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Tech Research Institute Interview Questions

2.3

Computer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

I met with the head of the Electronic Systems Laboratory. She first went over the basics of GTRI and then talked about the different departments of the ELSYS. She then asked questions pertaining to me and my resume. She then sent me to interview with two people who were research scientists with the department. Overall, the interview went great. They are pretty relaxed bunch who want to make sure that you have what it takes.

Interview Questions

• What were technical problems you had to research to solve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume during an online job fair. It took many weeks to hear from GTRI. Eventually a face-to-face interview was scheduled. It was an all day interview. There are many people dealing with the hiring process. These people have very little (or no) interaction with the people making the decisions. PersonA contradicts was personB says. PersonC paints a picture of what goes on in the hiring process, but this has very little to do with reality.
      At the end of the interview I still had no idea what the job entails. Despite my questions, I still don't know what is expected of me. I had no idea if my skill set applied to the position I was being considered for. I had no idea what future work might be coming. I had no idea how this position could benefit my career.
      The (contractor) recruiter they use was very difficult to work with. (Don't rely on her doing proper job. Babysitting is needed.) I had to repeatedly chase her to keep the process moving. Dealing with her was an exercise in wasting time. Important issues are relegated to Emails rather than picking up a phone.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all reasonable. (Far removed from the bashing you get from a Google interview.) The interviews were of the form of general conversation. Most of the questions were about your prior work. They scan through the resume and ask about different items. In the end they are looking for keywords. They appear to have a general myopic point of view. There is very little preparation on their part. They really don't care about the interview.   Answer Question

The offer was 20% lower than the industry average. There was no negotiation on their part. Their lack of communication was stunning poor. They didn't seem to care about hiring me or filling the position.
      The arrogant attitude of management didn't sit well with me. There seems to be a pervasive atmosphere of intimidation. The passive aggressiveness was apparent in the interview.
      I didn't get the impression the people working there were happy to be there.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Informative, direct, concise. Interested in what I could bring to the group. Open to share the details of what they work on. Described the connection with the Education system and the State.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process took about three weeks. Week one consisted of an email invitation for a phone interview which occurred during week 2, and then a face-to-face interview the third week.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers asked a variety of questions about multithreading techniques such as, but not limited to, how to perform locks on critical sections, how priority between threads is controlled, and how to prevent deadlocks and race conditions.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Super Basic, asked me about my interests and my technical skills. As with any job they heavily based their decision off experience. They didn't dwell much on course work or grades. They prefer Computer Science/Engineering or related majors. They did not ask very technical questions.

They seemed interested but they never followed up with me which i found annoying.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Being a student, I actually was able to get a career at GTRI fairly easily. I got my interview after going to the GTRI Career Fair that is held for Georgia Tech students every March. I interviewed with two labs. One gave me a phone interview and an on-campus coding interview, the other just a phone interview. The coding interview wasn't too bad- make sure you brush up on your data structures (esp. Linked Lists and Trees) and make sure you know and have implemented design principles! (I really screwed up on that part because I had not really thought about them in a while)

Interview Questions

• Name a design principle and describe how you implemented it in a project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in September 2014.

Interview

After completing online application, I was sent several other forms to fill out per the position I applied for. A couple of weeks later I received an invitation for a phone get to know kind of interview with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• During the interview process immediately after exchanging greetings, the recruiter asked that GTRI requires citizenship for most of the position and if I am US citizen. This question kind of threw me off guard, as I am a veteran who served in the Army and National Guard and clearly stated in my resume and several other forms that I filled out prior to the interview. Beside the citizenship question the recruiter seems to be interested in knowing what is I am good at and what I do currently. Within minutes after the interview was completed I received an email stating that I am not moving forward. Despite the immediacy of the email, I was not surprised by the rejection as I got the sense that the interview was not going well right from the beginning.   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Felt that they were asking questions irrelevant to the job I was being hired for. In my case, it looked like I was too smart for them (over-qualified) so I was surprised to get an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. Just email negotiation, but the paper-work took for ever.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I reached out to the company through email, and got into contact with an employee, who met with me over coffee to discuss my qualifications, job details, and if I would be a good fit for the company and visa versa.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the design programs that you are familiar with?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied to friend referral, Admin emailed me to set up interview, Interview was a behavioral short face to face interview. The woman was very nice, and she emailed me back within the next two days to tell me when i can start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what do you want to do in the future   Answer Question