Geosyntec Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geosyntec Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.9

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later, I got an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was for a co-op position in the Jacksonville, FL office and consisted mainly of personal feeler questions and a few skill-based questions.
    They told me that if I was selected, then I'd hear back from them within two weeks and another on-site or skype interview would take place.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think you have that are important for field work?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants in September 2016.

Interview

I received an email requesting an hour long screening phone interview. This interview took ~45 minutes and I was asked mainly about my previous experience. I was told during the interview that they would be scheduling a second interview. The second interview was supposed to be 3 hours long, but ended up being 4 hours. It consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews, asking mainly about my experience.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

Interview

It was an all day affair. Everyone was very accommodating and pleasant.They provided lunch and I got to speak with almost everyone within the company. They are a welcoming and smart group of people

Interview Questions

• What benefit do you think you would bring to the company   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. I met with two staff, one of which mainly focused on technical questions while another one focused on behavior questions. Interviewers were quite nice, and allowed me to ask many questions about the intern position and about the company. I applied to the Oakland office, but they don't provide intern positions this season.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about the projects or experiences in the resume.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online on the firms website. Got a phone interview in a week, which lasted for half an hour. They talked about what their firm did, the projects they were working on.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All day long process. They asked me to give a presentation about my research. Then I had to meet with multiple engineers. I got some technical questions during presentation, but face to face interview did not include technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview covered my academic background in water resources. They were interested in my experience with H&H models, and what types of projects I had used it for. They also were interested in my experience with remediation techniques and water treatment.

Entry-Level Engineer - Environmental/Civil-Water Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a 2nd interview they flew me out for. Took me out for dinner the night before, picked me up in the morning and interviewed with office staff all day long. Also received a call and few days later from someone in the office who wasn't in town the day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go into more detail about projects and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly, very pleasant experience. No technical questions. They spent most time introducing the company and projects they were working on. People are friendly and easygoing. Can feel the growth of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR representative and two members of the team that lasted about 30 minutes. I was told then that they would let me know by the end of the following week whether or not they were interested in a second interview. I didn't hear anything after a week and a half, so I reached out to the HR rep and still never received a…