Getco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Getco Interview Questions

3.4

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Getco.

Interview

A silly experience - focused on puzzles for as long as I tolerated it. Puzzles are known to be miserable successful/accomplished-employee indicators, but for some reason people keep using them. They're pointless and no indicator of anything of value unless the job is to write brainteasers for a newspaper.

Interview Questions

• 100 doors problem. Waste of time - designed (according to Google's Laszlo Bock who has eliminated* puzzle one-upmanship from Google's interview process. He says that puzzles are used by the interviewer to show the interviewee how smart the interview is). Of course, the interviewer only asks puzzle-answers they already know.

Google the words:
      Laszlo Bock Google Brainteaser

and you'll see that all the smart companies have moved on from this puerile puzzle nonsense.
      1 Answer

FPGA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Getco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Screen with some junior engineer. Didn't ask any technical questions. More about my last job with a major investment bank and the rest of my resume. Was assigned a "mini-project". Completed mini-project and returned to them in a couple of days. Didn't hear back from them. Mind you I'm a senior engineer with 15+yrs experience and have designed flight controllers for commercial airliners. This mini-project seems suspiciously like and attempt to get free labor from outside experts.

Interview Questions

• None. Get real suspicious when you don't get any difficult questions. They don't seem to be really hiring.   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Getco (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter
    Coding exercise
    Phone interview - 45 minutes
    Onsite interview - 4 back to back one hour interview

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Getco.

Interview

Got calls then face the interview. Have to pass 2 interviews. Both of them are oral interview.

Interview Questions

• Ask too much technical questions. Need to have a strong basic knowledge regarding techinal area.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Interview

one phone interview and one onsite

Not Sure Since They Have No Titles Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Getco.

Interview

Difficult interview because expected you to read their minds. Your answer would be the right one but If your answer was not what they did they criticized you. After that the interview was pretty much them embarrassing you for the remainder of the time.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Getco (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Overall experience is ok. HRs are pretty kind and talktive. Traders are also ok; some of them are very smart. They would give hints during interview process if you ask for them. But some traders are ridiculously arrogant, throwing things in your face.