Global Business Travel Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Global Business Travel Association

Sort:

Communications Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter and was contacted to interview within a couple of weeks. I spoke with both Eric and Colleen over Skype and was given an overview of the company and what my duties would be as an intern. They then asked me about my resume, specifically the clubs I was in and the classes I took. I was offered a position within the week,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the honors thesis you mentioned on your resume.   Answer Question

Exhibits Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Business Travel Association in April 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by HR mgr requesting a phone interview. I sent times available for the remainder of the week which was Thursday and Friday. I received a reply stating “I will check schedules and get back to you.”. Thursday and Friday heard nothing, I had lined up about 3 interviews for the following week and had still heard nothing from GBTA. I decided to reach out Sunday and see if they still wanted to talk. She asked if I was available at 10 am Monday or Tuesday can’t remember but I replied that I was. I was in place and freed up for our appt. and they stood me up. No email with an explanation or apology. Very disrespectful to candidates time and disorganized. HR reps the face of a company, I don’t think this is the image GBTA wants to portray. Beware of this outfit, I suggest you don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• I had no questions except 2 emails requesting my availability.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Business Travel Association (Alexandria, VA) in March 2019.

Interview

Terrible and waste of time. Save yourself 3 hours!
    I was contacted several weeks after submitting my resume. I was asked to have a phone interview first which the person I was interviewing with was late to the call. She asked that we continue our conversation face to face the following week. Several days went by before I heard anything. Finally, someone notified me with available times to choose from and when I responded, she confirmed only to say she'll follow up with interview details (whom, location, exact time). She never followed up. I had to find her name on the company's phone directory to reach out to her the morning of the interview. I arrived and met with 2 individuals and a group. After 2 1/2 hours of interviewing, I never heard anything back.

In my very first phone conversation, I asked about salary (as a recruiter in the past, I know this is one of the top screening questions to either proceed with an applicant or not, to spare everyone's time if it's not the ideal salary). She told me she didn't know and would get back to me. When I asked again, on the day of the interview, she finally asked what I was needing (salary-wise) and she said that she would let the hiring manager know. After not hearing for several weeks, I went back to the website to see what the salary range was and saw that my request was too far outside of the range which would make sense why they were no longer interested. But when you have a candidate who has committed so much time getting to know the company and some employees, please at least have the decency to reach out and let them know of the decision. I get it, nobody likes telling a person, "no" but it could have easily avoided a terrible review of their company on websites like Glassdoor and others. Never leave a candidate hanging... it's extremely unprofessional and begins to make sense why the turnover rate at this company is so high.