Global Payments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Payments Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Global Payments.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager went well. The next interview seemed to go well but it was clear she had an issue with where the open position resided, not under her. The hiring manager hadn't been at the company long while she has been there a while, but slow to move up. Big chip on her shoulder. So the hiring manager doesn't really get to hire who he wants. Moreover, the external recruiter then didn't communicate anything. Nada. Zip. That hurts the company's brand each time there's a bad experience in the hiring process. I wouldn't consider jack squat with the company if something came up again. Hire a better external recruiter. The collaborative hiring process never really works because more times than not, you get a situation like this.

Database Administration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Global Payments (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The job requirement sounded they need a hands on manager. I am both hands on as well people manager. Seems like the guy who called for phone interview is very insecure and said this role is fully management. This is after listening to all my achievements. After a successful interview gave false hope and said will call for face to face interview. Finally haven't even called for face to face interview, gave the offer to some one else.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Global Payments (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

One round of In-person interview for 2 hours or so. The questions were mostly on basic and medium level .Net and database skill set.
    Refresh all the basics and new trends in the technology you are giving interview for.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between string and string builder?   Answer Question
    • How will you decide what columns to index in a DB?   Answer Question
    • What is an interface and abstract?   Answer Question
    • How will you ensure security of a service and what are the types of attacks in a web application?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Global Payments (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of the Manager discussing her role and responsibilities and afterwards she asked me to discuss my work experience. Overall I feel that the phone screen was relaxed and stress free. I would love to have an opportunity to work for the Senior QA Manager at Global Payments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   Answer Question
    • I am waiting on the next step in the interview process therefore, I do not have the job as of today.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Global Payments (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 Round Interview.

1st phone interview with team member. Fairly standard, about previous experience and some technical questions.

2nd on site interview with a few team members and director. They kept me waiting at the reception for more than 40 minutes. By the time they took me to the interview room, the director had to leave to another meeting after 5 minutes. One of the team members was even surprised that I wanted to interview with them, I think he referred to the overall negative perception of the company. This was a little confusing. The interview was easy overall. Easy going, some technical questions and focus on my previous experience, fairly easy. I liked the team.

3th on site again. With the VP, which to my surprise told me that he does code reviews and that he is closely engaged in the software life cycle. This gave the the notion that he micromanages a lot for a VP. This third interview was very cold and dry. Questions about my past experience and more technical questions with a lot of "I know more about programing than you".

I never received any feedback from anyone even though the VP told me that they will be giving me a follow up call in two days max. I contacted them several times with no response.

I felt that they were highly disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a String and Stringbuffer? What is an API?   Answer Question

Settlement Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Payments (Sandy Springs, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people from the company the same day but not at the same time. The interview was set up for me by a recruiting agency and I did the interview at the recruiting agency's office. I was asked a couple of behavioral questions by the both of them

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a conflict with a fellow employee and how did you handle/resolve it.   Answer Question

Tech Support Specialist At OpenEdge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Payments (Pleasant Grove, UT).

Interview

It was a basic interview finding out about your qualifications and how well you know Windows OS and Apples Mac OS... It was a face-to-face interview with the supervisor at the same time as two people over the phone from the parent company. The first interview was a negative type question (like "what is a weakness you have?" but it wasn't that question and I can't remember the exact question), and that I think made me feel really thrown off and not on my game after that, even though I turned the negative into a positive...

Interview Questions

• Critical thinking question ("no right or wrong answers"): Why are man hole covers round?   1 Answer
    • Critical thinking question ("no right or wrong answers"): You have 52 pencils, 10 file folders, 20 pens, 10 felt tip markers, (and like two other types of writing tools listed with their quantities). How many notebooks do you need?   1 Answer

Tier I Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Payments (Pleasant Grove, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

It was like any other tech support or customer service representative interview. You come in, they ask you about your previous experience with this kind of position, they ask you what you are proficient in and how you handle dealing with customers. They give you example situations and you need to respond with how you would handle them. Just a very basic, but effective interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you help a customer that doesn't want to be helped?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Global Payments (Pleasant Grove, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I sat with the Technical Support manager face to face and then spoke with two managers remotely on the phone. It was a bit awkward, but it really wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• What do you find the most challenging about customer service?   1 Answer

Risk Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Payments.

Interview

They ask a lot of scenario questions, and talk very little about the job itself. Panel interview. I had two managers and a team lead interview me. I interviewed a few years ago for a customer service position and we discussed the job itself for, maybe, five minutes and talked about sports for the remainder of the time. I got the offer then and there. Generally, they take two weeks to make an offer.