Global Payments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.4

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Global Payments (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of the Manager discussing her role and responsibilities and afterwards she asked me to discuss my work experience. Overall I feel that the phone screen was relaxed and stress free. I would love to have an opportunity to work for the Senior QA Manager at Global Payments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   Answer Question
    • I am waiting on the next step in the interview process therefore, I do not have the job as of today.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Global Payments (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 Round Interview.

1st phone interview with team member. Fairly standard, about previous experience and some technical questions.

2nd on site interview with a few team members and director. They kept me waiting at the reception for more than 40 minutes. By the time they took me to the interview room, the director had to leave to another meeting after 5 minutes. One of the team members was even surprised that I wanted to interview with them, I think he referred to the overall negative perception of the company. This was a little confusing. The interview was easy overall. Easy going, some technical questions and focus on my previous experience, fairly easy. I liked the team.

3th on site again. With the VP, which to my surprise told me that he does code reviews and that he is closely engaged in the software life cycle. This gave the the notion that he micromanages a lot for a VP. This third interview was very cold and dry. Questions about my past experience and more technical questions with a lot of "I know more about programing than you".

I never received any feedback from anyone even though the VP told me that they will be giving me a follow up call in two days max. I contacted them several times with no response.

I felt that they were highly disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a String and Stringbuffer? What is an API?   Answer Question

Settlement Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Payments (Sandy Springs, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people from the company the same day but not at the same time. The interview was set up for me by a recruiting agency and I did the interview at the recruiting agency's office. I was asked a couple of behavioral questions by the both of them

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a conflict with a fellow employee and how did you handle/resolve it.   Answer Question

Tech Support Specialist At OpenEdge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Payments (Pleasant Grove, UT).

Interview

It was a basic interview finding out about your qualifications and how well you know Windows OS and Apples Mac OS... It was a face-to-face interview with the supervisor at the same time as two people over the phone from the parent company. The first interview was a negative type question (like "what is a weakness you have?" but it wasn't that question and I can't remember the exact question), and that I think made me feel really thrown off and not on my game after that, even though I turned the negative into a positive...

Interview Questions

• Critical thinking question ("no right or wrong answers"): Why are man hole covers round?   1 Answer
    • Critical thinking question ("no right or wrong answers"): You have 52 pencils, 10 file folders, 20 pens, 10 felt tip markers, (and like two other types of writing tools listed with their quantities). How many notebooks do you need?   1 Answer

Tier I Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Payments (Pleasant Grove, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

It was like any other tech support or customer service representative interview. You come in, they ask you about your previous experience with this kind of position, they ask you what you are proficient in and how you handle dealing with customers. They give you example situations and you need to respond with how you would handle them. Just a very basic, but effective interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you help a customer that doesn't want to be helped?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Global Payments (Pleasant Grove, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I sat with the Technical Support manager face to face and then spoke with two managers remotely on the phone. It was a bit awkward, but it really wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• What do you find the most challenging about customer service?   1 Answer

Risk Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Payments.

Interview

They ask a lot of scenario questions, and talk very little about the job itself. Panel interview. I had two managers and a team lead interview me. I interviewed a few years ago for a customer service position and we discussed the job itself for, maybe, five minutes and talked about sports for the remainder of the time. I got the offer then and there. Generally, they take two weeks to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Payments.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions, overview of the position and asked how you would adopt to constantly changing environment. Lots of general conversation. Also have to take a computer literacy test. Very laid back and conversational.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest moment with a customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Global Payments (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

The interview was a three step process. The first interview was with Hr and then follow up interviews with two managers within the department. This required two visits since one of the managers was out of the office at the time. Once completed they would call in two weeks to let me know.

Interview Questions

• The questions focused on previous work experience and behavioral topics. They also used a basic personality test as well. Since this was a management position industry experience was a plus, but not required.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Payments (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was the classic behavioral interview with a panel of 2. You should prepare very specific situations with actions you took and the results. Management is looking for steps taken to reduce churn and maintain positive relationships with customers. Customer experience is major.