Globus Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Globus Medical Interview Questions

2.8

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Before the interview I was never given any forms that I later found out were needed. The department staff initially was friendly, but they seemed to only be humoring anything I said once I questioned them or made any comments about previous work the company did.

I was given a test, which is typical for the position, but the computer system I was assigned to use was completely unacceptable. The system constantly froze, the network drive constantly disconnected, the mouse was broken, and the system couldn't even handle a simple low poly model. I was given a form with instructions for the test, but was told to do something else instead.

Interview Questions

• What did I think about one of the department's previous demos.   1 Answer

Associate Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Globus Medical (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted around 25-30 mins. The person who interviewed me was the area director, very nice guy. Wanted to feel out who I was. My background, leadership experiences, previous workplaces etc. Explained the grueling life of the first two years. I didn't understand how poor my work/life balance would be until he mentioned the salary. A little under what I expected but the commission for a future spine specialist is making me lean towards pursuing this opportunity. When someone throws big numbers at a recent college grad it is hard not to want that lifestyle for the future.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to accept failure?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA).

Interview

All of my interviews were always 1-on-1. It started with a phone interview: it probably just lasted 15 minutes and was a classic screener.

My 1st in-person interview was about 2 weeks later. I first met with someone from HR; this portion probably lasted around 5-10 mins (classic questions such as ''what's your greatest accomplishment" or "why do you want to work here"). Then I met with the director of the group. This part lasted about an hour and was solely about my resume and work experience.

My 2nd in-person interview was about 2 weeks later. I first met with a senior project engineer; this portion lasted about an hour and we talked about my resume and work experience. Then I met with the director of the group again. This part was more Q&A-based. I was able to ask her questions that I had about the company/culture/work.

My 3rd in-person interview was one week later. I first met with a mechanical engineer. For about 40 minutes, they gave me technical questions. Then I met with another mechanical engineer. For about 40 minutes, again I got more technical questions. Lastly, I met the director again where she went into more detail about the work that the position entails. Because they were laying on the details here, the main point was to demonstrate that I was still interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your greatest accomplishment?
      2. How did you find out about Globus?
      3. Why do you want to work at Globus?
      4. Technical: how would you manufacture this piece?
      5. Technical: how would you design this in CAD?
      Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire process spanned about two months from submission of my resume. A couple weeks after submitting my resume I received an email from HR asking me to answer a few general questions such as why I had applied for the position and what I was looking for. Shortly after I sent in my response I received another email asking to setup a phone interview in a week. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and it was with one of the hiring managers. It consisted of general questions on my background and what I knew of Globus Medical. Maybe 2-3 weeks after that phone interview I received an email from HR saying they would like me to come in for an in person interview and a date was scheduled for about a week after that.

The in person interview lasted 4+ hours and I had met with 8-10 different people in that time. It started with the head of HR and then I would meet with a different hiring manager and in some cases two of their employees to discuss what they do. At no point was I informed of how many people I would be meeting with in total or how long I would be there. About a week after that I received another email from HR requesting that I come in for a second in person interview in about a week. This second interview was with just one of the hiring managers that I had met previously in the first interview. It lasted just over an hour. I had also met with a person from her team in addition to the hiring manager. A couple of days later I received a call from that hiring manager stating that they were going to send me a job offer pending a background check. Background check process took about half a week and then I was emailed a job offer.

Both in person interviews were heavily reliant on questions that I had for them. Come prepared. They also like to hear about what you know about the company. Research the company as best you can as it will serve you the best in the interview with what you are able to surprise them with what you know about them and their CEO.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us/what do you know about Globus Medical?   Answer Question

Associate Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Globus Medical (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was around 20 minutes or so. It was a very relaxed phone interview. The Manager was friendly and asked me questions about my resume. I explained my past work experiences and my profession interest in the healthcare industry. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I had no problems communicating with the interviewer.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Globus Medical in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after applying online. No phone screen at all, asked to come in person as first step. Candidates are put in little rooms in the lobby and are not shown the office during this step. I was kept waiting for a very long time, almost 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time.

Interview Questions

• 3 out of 3 members of the HR team could not/would not tell me the turnover ratio which was a huge red flag for me. The hiring manager didn't seem familiar with what a turnover ratio was and this person was tasked with running HR ops overall. The interview, while off putting, was very easy. There were parts of the interview where the hiring manager simply sat and looked at me for uncomfortable amounts of silence without asking questions. I thought at one point I was on a candid camera show!   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Globus Medical.

Interview

A lot of anatomical background and operating room procedural questions

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Globus Medical (Phila, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone then in person. Asks normal interview questions, but know your info on the company!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. I interviewed with eight people, some from the team others were random. They conducted the interviews in a small, windowless conference room off the front lobby. Not a good feeling if you are claustrophobic. The interview questions were standard stuff but looking back I understand some of the odd ones now. Everyone there lives to serve the CEO and they try to hire people who fall in line.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty standard stuff although they will ask if you are squeamish. A lot of product development time is spent in the in-house cadaver lab trying out prototypes on human torsos.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was presented as a take it or leave it proposition. I asked for a couple of extra days to allow for vacations plans I had already made and they 'borrowed' the time from the next year. The benefits were never discussed in depth and the onboarding process consisted of endless on-line training for anatomy, compliance and OR protocol. No useful training for systems was ever provided.

Logistics Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Globus Medical.

Interview

In a room with 5 managers from differenet departments

Interview Questions

• who would you rate yourself regarding work ethics   1 Answer

Negotiation