Goalbook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Goalbook

3.1

Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goalbook (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I sent a resume and cover letter to the hiring team, then was passed along to the team lead who invited me for an initial interview. I had my first interview via Google Hangouts, then was invited to come for an in-person interview in San Mateo to meet some of the team and the founder.

It was a pretty neutral experience. The team was a little hot & cold and seemed hard to impress. My in-person interview was over a month ago and I received no feedback after my in-person interview. I'm assuming they went with another candidate, but an update would have been appreciated!

Interview Questions

• They asked for a lot of situational (i.e."tell me about a time...") questions. They also asked the usuals, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Tell me about a challenge or conflict...", "What other kind of companies are you interviewing at?", etc. Many of the questions were about how I would transfer my experience and skills in the education world to this type of for-profit sales and support role.   Answer Question

Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goalbook (San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about a month from start to finish. I conducted a couple of phone interviews, followed by a Google Hangout session. After chatting with a few employees, I completed a webinar demonstration of Goalbook. I then visited the Goalbook HQ in San Mateo for in-person interviews with several employees. Despite the lengthy process, I found the questions to be thoughtful and relevant to the position.

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goalbook (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and resume online. I had a 30 minute interview over the phone. I was then asked for an in person meeting at their office. I met with one of the founders and my initial point of contact. I felt that the office itself was very disorganized and while I was waiting to be interviewed, I tried to make polite conversation with the employees and they rolled their eyes.

Interview Questions

• How would you use your experience in the classroom in a Startup environment? Describe a time you had a conflict with a fellow coworker.   Answer Question

Diversity Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goalbook.

Interview

One of my best interviews. Purva was able to naturally make me feel comfortable so that I can share how I can add value to their team. Although I did not get the job, I was able to walk away with a life-long connection with the recruiter. I'm excited and wish Goalbook lots of success!

District Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goalbook (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I was referred to Goalbook through an HR firm. They said that they were looking for teachers to reach out to districts, conduct sales, and provide professional development. The screening interview went well, but communication following was disappointing. The position sounded kind of fun and creative since it was geared towards educators, but I'm not so convinced they're all that interested in having teachers in their sales positions.

Office & Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goalbook (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

My interview process was a series of 3 in-person interviews. The timeline was more deliberate, which I preferred. I wanted to make sure the job position and the company culture was something I would like. I first met with one of the founders and he explained the job description and asked me basic interview questions. I then returned to meet with the other founder which provided me the opportunity to talk about my background and why I would be a good fit at Goalbook. Lastly, I met with two colleagues that I would be working with directly and had a lot of knowledge of my daily tasks. It was really great to meet some of the future teammates and how their personality and work ethic would pair with mine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit? Why do you want to work at a startup company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I interviewed at Goalbook (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an in-person, one on one interview with the recruiter. Our meeting lasted approximately one hour. She gave time at the end to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to walk her through my resume, and she would ask questions on different experiences as I did.   Answer Question

District Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goalbook.

Interview

They believe in doing all of their interviews in person, which is not the most efficient use of time, especially if a candidate is driving over an hour each way and the interview only lasts 15 min. The interview consisted of two in-person interviews.The first one was your typical behavioral interview with the recruiting manager. She asked about my background and skills. That part of the interview went well and was a positive experience. It was an hour long and worth the drive. The second interview was with one of the co-founders. That experience was incredibly disappointing. It lasted about 15 min, which I tried to stretch to 30 min to learn more about the company and the position. The co-founder essentially tried to tear my resume apart and asked all the questions that were never worth asking to begin with--they had nothing to do with my work ethic, skills or qualifications for the job. For example, he asked why I had a break in my work experience. I told him it was due to a dip in my health; he didn't seem satisfied with the answer and gave the impression that he viewed it as a indication of me being lazy or not able to handle a fast-paced work environment. After that question, the interview didn't last much longer which is a huge red flag for bias and prejudice. I could have gone into detail about the health issue which would have made him look like a fool, but I shouldn't have had to. During the interview I also told him I was looking for a work environment that is supportive and is willing to listen to ideas no matter the person' job title. It didn't seem like that was something he believed in. Even if I had been offered a job, I would not have accepted it. It doesn't seem like a work environment that helps their employees grow. I like work environments that are down-to-earth; this was exactly the opposite.

This company also has a policy of not providing feedback to their candidates after an interview. In my opinion, when a company refuses to give any feedback, it reflects poorly on their values. Being an education company, they should foster learning, growth and development. If you're not providing feedback, your're not allowing your candidates to learn and grow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goalbook (San Mateo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter who thought my resume fit the job description. Then I got an in person interview with a recruiter at their office. I asked for feedback afterwards and they said as a company policy they do not give feedback from an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goalbook.

Interview

The interview process is typical, there are a series of interviews starting with a phone interview and then a couple more in-person interviews if you make it from one round to the next. There is also a technical challenge that you complete and is evaluated prior to going to the third in-person panel interview.