Golf Galaxy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Pembroke Pines, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy interview with the sales manager. They asked about my background in golf and sales experience. We talked about their flexibility in assigning part time work hours, they appeared to be very flexible.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Bloomington, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

The store manager asked very simple questions about my background, and what I was looking for in the future. The manager was very easy to talk to. It was like having a regular conversation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Langhorne, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, just asked about what exactly I was looking for and asked about my experience with the register and with golf. Had to pass a test about smoking weed on the job and basic things like that.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (The Woodlands, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief chat with a manager and test online. Quick and simple! We talked about my experience in retail, as a cashier, and any difficulties I experienced and how I overcame them. He allowed me to ask any questions I had about the position and was very friendly. I was at ease and felt very welcomed.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Nothing too difficult. Knowing the game of golf is a plus and will help you in the long run. Also, knowing how to close sales is a plus.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a customer complaining about a recent purchase.   Answer Question

Apparel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Cary, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

This were odd from the start, about a month after having submitted an online application I received a phone call claiming that I had turned down interview opportunities and was I even still interested. My interview was less than 18 hours after that phone call. The individual I interviewed with seemed ready to hire me on the spot, in fact he wanted me to meet the other individual involved in hiring he was so taken. They then did a 180 and thanked me for my interest, citing a somewhat ridiculous reason. It seemed cop-outish to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a customer the best clubs for their game without insulting them   Answer Question

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very lengthy. The entire process from beginning to end was more than 6 weeks. There were numerous interviews, 6 in all. There were multiple interviews with corporate recruiting, district manager, vice-president, etc.

Interview Questions

• numerous questions concerning past difficult manager situations and how you reacted to those challenging situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Cary, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Put the application online. A week later got a call for an interview. Interview just asked how well you worked with POS and selling retail. Got called for a second interview basically asking the same thing. Got a call telling me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What comfortable are you selling all brands of golf merchandise?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

There was only the one interview, but I was an internal promotion so there might be more for outsiders. The interview itself was an hour long and was with the district manager and the general manager of the store. They asked any number of questions about how I would improve the store and how I would change knowing that I would be transitioning from Player's Assistant to Sales Manager

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was young and stupid, but I think I could have earned another 10% or so by fighting a little harder.

Softlines Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy in May 2013.

Interview

Interview with the store GM and second interview with the District Manager. This is a typical retail interview without any surprises. Each interview was conducted in a professional manner. I received the job offer and salary within one week.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are typical for the retail field. The questions focused on customer service, training, mentoring, cash handling and loss prevention. None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was above the retail average for our area and I didn't negotiate the number. The job offer was made soon after the district manager interview.