Golf Galaxy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Golf Galaxy Interview Questions

Interviews at Golf Galaxy

1.9

Softlines Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy in May 2013.

Interview

Interview with the store GM and second interview with the District Manager. This is a typical retail interview without any surprises. Each interview was conducted in a professional manner. I received the job offer and salary within one week.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are typical for the retail field. The questions focused on customer service, training, mentoring, cash handling and loss prevention. None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was above the retail average for our area and I didn't negotiate the number. The job offer was made soon after the district manager interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Boston, MA).

Interview

Simple and short process. Asked about previous experience in customer service and any involvement in golf I have. Went over expectations of the job and stressed the importance of communicating with and helping customers, not just standing behind register.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to help a difficult/demanding customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Langhorne, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, just asked about what exactly I was looking for and asked about my experience with the register and with golf. Had to pass a test about smoking weed on the job and basic things like that.

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very lengthy. The entire process from beginning to end was more than 6 weeks. There were numerous interviews, 6 in all. There were multiple interviews with corporate recruiting, district manager, vice-president, etc.

Interview Questions

• numerous questions concerning past difficult manager situations and how you reacted to those challenging situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Bloomington, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Called and scheduled an interview about a week after applying online. Met at the retail location with the General Store Manager. Asked questions about my previous experience, responsibilities, store volume, and employees I managed. The interviewer was professional but didn't seem to have all of my background correct even though he was looking at my resume. Be sure to stress a golf passion and ability to delegate.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Wasn't the right fit. Pay was a bit low from what I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Newark, DE) in October 2010.

Interview

Was called by Store Manager for interview, 1 on 1 with Store Manager, Interview with District Manager, Phone interview with Regional Manager. After 2 days was offered position by District Manager.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle customer issues while adhering to company guidelines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary based on past experience

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

There was only the one interview, but I was an internal promotion so there might be more for outsiders. The interview itself was an hour long and was with the district manager and the general manager of the store. They asked any number of questions about how I would improve the store and how I would change knowing that I would be transitioning from Player's Assistant to Sales Manager

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was young and stupid, but I think I could have earned another 10% or so by fighting a little harder.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Cary, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Two interviews that were both very relaxed. I also had to take a computer assessment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, I accepted the initial offer

Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Elkridge, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a call asking to set up an interview in person. When I entered the store for the interview, I was greeted by generous employees. A manager named Troy interviewed me, and he was also respectful. We even talked about the Master's golf tournament. From what I remember, he asked four questions. Why Golf Galaxy? What is your current job? What is your previous work history? What is your availability? After that, there was a personality/skills test. It was about what you would do in hypothetical situations. I have no idea how I scored on the test. Within one week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I never negotiated, but I should have done that. If you have previous retail experience, then you should negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golf Galaxy (Cary, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Put the application online. A week later got a call for an interview. Interview just asked how well you worked with POS and selling retail. Got called for a second interview basically asking the same thing. Got a call telling me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What comfortable are you selling all brands of golf merchandise?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none