Good Shepherd Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Good Shepherd Services Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.2

Senior Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services.

Interview

Very easy to get hired @ GSS. You just have to know someone to get you in. Once you have that your basically a shoe in. Most of the hiring managers are MPAs or MSWs. Many are just trying to get someone in the position because of the need for each program.

Interview Questions

• Transfer schools with GSS have a harder process. You will have multiple interviews with a panel, students, writing samples etc. Understand that the transfer school model is very unique and it will be a unique interview. All other programs at GSS have an easier process, especially residential and community based programs.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services (Chesterfield, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Slow and fast the interviewer took so long but the job is not what it suppose to be the job is totally different from job description. The turnover is very bad and the staff does not know much at all. They switch up interviewers a lot and change the job description frequently. The job is far and away from anything close.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services (Halethorpe, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was little to nothing, because they needed people so badly. It really was not much said to inform you app to prepare you for what you are about to walk into you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a passion for this line of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I encourage you not to even accept nor to negotiate an offer from this facility.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

prompt start, 2 people, one showed interest in my experience, overall not very informative about their school. The conversation was about things and units I had taught, but there was never any indication that I would find out later I could not do those activities with their students because it was considered unsafe.

Interview Questions

• What I had done with students.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services.

Interview

Lengthy. I had 4 interviews.. I interviewed with a director, and present supervisors. I remember having to come back numerous times. The longest interview I had lasted about an hour and a half.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy, normal questions asked. About myself my work history, my tenure as a recruiter what kind of positions i have recruited for. My overall experience was quite fine after interviewing with nearly every agency in the state of new york.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about GSS   1 Answer

After School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was asked to go in after a resume sent. They lost my application. They wanted me to go in when i was away teaching in another state as a guest lecturer. They wanted me to fax the application in when i was lecturing at a local college, within that evening, because they lost my paperwork These people are really irresponsible. then they told me that they gave me the wrong paperwork. they did not even say sorry

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services (Bronx, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

HR interviews candate initially
    during this interview applicant submits a writing sample
    Then candidate is interviewed by several supervisors, each from a different department
    This may mean that you interview four times in one day
     then you are called to interview with department head
    then you may be offered position

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a child is acting out and being violent to their parent?   1 Answer

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services in September 2011.

Interview

Good interview process, lots of questions asked specific to work atmosphere, made sure was able to handle the face paced environment and had a good work ethic. Everything that is usually asked in a interview process. they wanted to make sure you were the right person for the job. Good way to make sure you are right for the patients who need that kind of care.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Advocate Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Good Shepherd Services (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with Good Shepherd Services back in June 2006, actually (right after graduating from college). I submitted my resume and cover letter via mail (times were different back then) and heard back from the Program Director within 2 weeks. She asked me to come in for an interview the following week. The interview had your standard questions and some behavioral questions as well. I first interviewed with the Program Director and then the Principal of the school came in to interview me as well. (NOTE: if you are interviewing for a position within one of GSS' schools there is a great chance that you will be interviewed by the program director and the principal of the school because the school's are all partnerships between the Department of Education and Good Shepherd Services). Overall, the interview was a bit lengthy but a pleasant experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• What tactics would you use to motivate disconnected high school youth?   Answer Question