GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2018

2.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got and email asking when I could talk on the phone for a screening (2 weeks after I applied), got through the phone screening , then landed an interview, then was assigned a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you dealt with conflict and how could you have done it differently?   Answer Question

Membership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process started online...I applied for the position of membership consultant. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call from what seemed to be a recruiter from head office. I went to the interview, but no one seemed to know that I had an interview that day...not even the manager. The general manager decided that she would speak with me anyway, and asked me about my past experience. She then told me to come back the next day to have a personality test and phone interview with her and someone from head office, in her office. The personality/behavioural test seemed a bit weird...anyway,, I was offered the position and job shadowed for a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Membership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

3 steps interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Membership Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, called into Eaton Center location Downtown TO, got 2nd interview with GM of prospective location, each lasted a while, asked to coming up with 5 ideas to get people to join the gym

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, base and commission is set

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview

Recruiter interview, second interview with Divisional Manager and Vice President, present a sales meeting. Only usually hire GM's internally for this reason. Need to know systems and culture to really do well in the interview process.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Brockville, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screening was the first step by a talent acquisition specialist. Then, a phone interview with the same person as well as the regional manager. This step was an interview with the regional director in person, where they quiz you on memorizing scripts and role play situations. You then hace to do a short workout of the 10 minute "fit fix" where you are probably better off pretending like you don't know what you're doing. Unfortunately the trainer I met with did not seem impressed by my age (a lot younger than her) and I immediately felt like it wasn't going to go well. The next day I received an email from the taken acquisition specialist, letting me know that they had hired someone internally. Kind of wish they wouldn't have wasted my time. Ultimately, I don't think I would have accepted and offer if I had received one, mostly because of the vibe I got when in the gym. Thus location in particular seems to have a very high turn over, as they had at least two different GMs over the course of a hear or so.

Interview Questions

• Role playing in specific scenarios.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a phone cal day after Applied for the post. simple question over the phone, Such as Your short term and long term goal? How would you sale a membership to a potential customer. than was informed for interview date and time through email attached with Engagement card.which had 20 statement and asked to select 5 of them and than was asked why those are important to you. Interview was with Divisional Manager and Talent Acquisition Specialist over the phone. Most questions were asked by Talent Acquisition Specialist.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of when you have successfully coached a member of your team?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in August 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from a person in Ontario. They generally discussed the role and gave me a somewhat accurate description of the position i was applying for. After that I had two phone interviews which included roleplaying conversations and general knowledge and management approach.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to mediate a situation which arises between two staff when they both claim they deserve commission for the same sale.   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

very casual. you can joke around and still be serious. the gm's are usually very young and can relate to you. come dressed for a real interview but still keep it casual.

Interview Questions

• describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Goodlife has a formal interview process and makes sure to screen for the right candidate for the position by using a 3 step interview process. 1.) phone screen 2.) interview 3.) second interview with strategy and business plan. I found that they provided all the manuals and walk through as to what is expected during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Goodlife likes to use behavioral based questions in interviews as they are hard to prepare for and show a sense of character by the response the candidate gives. I found that the most difficult question was what would you do if you had to hit your sales goal and you were behind but your shift has ended? They expect you to work to hit goals and will not pay overtime for staying late.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure your employment contract is looked at by a legal professional before signing. Also negotiate your salary since you will be working more hours than your salary will pay you for.