GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.6

Motivator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Guelph, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. HR emailed me about a week later asking when I would be available for a phone call (the call was less than 10 minutes). Following the phone call I was contacted by a manager a few days later. I was interviewed by the assistant manager as well as someone who I believe was part of the corporate office.The whole thing took 7 to 10 days and was very casual. I was asked to wear gym clothes for my in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too intimidating. They asked about my fitness knowledge, how I stay motivated, how I would motivate the members. They took me on a tour of the facility as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Here is your wage take it or leave it

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very basic interview questions, but did include a practical demo. Only one interview was required. It is not a long process, you will hear an answer within 2 weeks on average.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a phone cal day after Applied for the post. simple question over the phone, Such as Your short term and long term goal? How would you sale a membership to a potential customer. than was informed for interview date and time through email attached with Engagement card.which had 20 statement and asked to select 5 of them and than was asked why those are important to you. Interview was with Divisional Manager and Talent Acquisition Specialist over the phone. Most questions were asked by Talent Acquisition Specialist.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of when you have successfully coached a member of your team?   Answer Question

Fitness Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had a phone interview first where I outlined my sales and customer service experience. I was then brought in for a face-to-face interview at their Scarborough office/gym. I was asked to sort through cards that identified things I was looking for in the position and had to select the top 10 that were most important to me. I regular interview proceeded and I was also brought on a tour. The whole thing was about an hour. After this, I was sent for an interview with the General Manager at the GoodLife location I was applying for. This was pretty informal with general questions like "Tell me about yourself" "What is your sales experience". He more or less spent the time giving me a day-in -the-life of a fitness advisor and took me on a tour. I also met with a regional recruiter at the same time. Once this was done, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in my ideal position?   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (North Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Screening and 2 interviews and preparation of training program. One on one with screener first then two interviews with fitness manager of the specific location.

Guages how personality fits with corporate culture. Actually not much emphasis on fitness knowledge or experience. Very basic and does not carry all that much importance.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

They gave me 20 phrases from where i had to select 5 and discussed over the phone. they asked about the sales and my experience and discussed about the salary.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in next 5 years?   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was on time. This is very much a sales position. Your ability to sell yourself as a trainer is as important if not more important than your ability to train. There was a sales role play and you need to explain how you'd convince a client to purchase a regular personal training package. Basic questions regarding certifications (CanFitPro is highly recommended) and availability. You should emphasize your availability in the early morning. Also, after the first part of the interview, the manager takes you out on the floor and asks you to explain how to Squat and Deadlift. You should know how to concisely explain the movement and correct mistakes.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach someone in a machine and get them to sign up for a consultation session?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Guelph, ON (Canada)).

Interview

You have to go through one questionnaire and two interviews for this job. The first questionnaire is very basic normal questions and some information about the job such as pay and hours. The second interview they make you choose 5 out of 20 beliefs and explain why you picked them. The third interview they make you do a lot of work. They give you a hard case study and expect you to know stuff you wouldnt know unless you have taken some sort of course in health & fitness.They make you do a lot of work for this interview. You also have to make a business plan on how you would get new clients. When you get to the interview they make you explain all of this very detailed and they expect you to work 50+ hours and only get paid for 40 of them. Also they tell you in the interview that you will be making 20 an hour and they make it sound so good and in reality you only get 20 an hour when your with clients that you have got yourself. When people join goodlife they get a free personal training experience and they usually give those clients to the new personal trainers but you dont get paid 20 an hour for those clients. After talking about clients and workouts they will take you out on the floor and make you demonstrate 4 workouts. They wont tell you if your doing it right or not they will just stare at you while you demonstrate the workouts. You have to explain how to do them while your doing them and then the interviewer will do them and you have to tell them how to do it and point out what they are doing wrong.
    They tell you that you dont have to have the personal training certificate before you get hired but you do. It is unlikely they will hire you without it. I had to go through all of this for them to tell me to go get my certificate for $500 and then come back to do the whole interview process over again. And they say they will call you and let you know if you got hired or not but they wont. If they dont call you within a day, you didnt get it.

Interview Questions

• What muscles are in the back
      What are you going to do to get clients
      How much time are you willing to spend here
      Why did you choose these workouts
      Answer Question

Fitness Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

3 stages;
    1-Phone
    2-Talent Manager
    3-Hiring manager

I applied online, very easy to apply, it took about 2 days before I got the email for a phone screening. I got the call the next day and it took about 10 minutes. Scheduled an interview with the talent manager and the questions were straight forward. Then a few days letter I met with the manager, had to make a presentation of how to develop leads in my first month of work. Then did a workout with the manager to finish off the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Goodlife?
      What does fitness mean to you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Research the job and be prepared.

Fitness Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call within a day or two. Phone interview was fairly easy, lasted about half hour. Had one-on-one interview with Club Manager few days later and was offered position later that day.