GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2018

2.6

Interview

I did not go through any interview process. Completed weekend long module training. Recorded video within 3 month window. Successful video evaluation and immediately began teaching classes independently.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very basic interview focused on behavior questions and situation questions. It didnt last that long and a lot of the time it was basic chit chat to see how my interpersonal skills were

Fitness Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Was first required to do a phone interview where they asked general questions about customer service and sales experience. Then an in person interview which was with two people that required me to outline my experiences in greater detail as well as answer questions of past accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a challenge or problem in the past in a way that showed initiative?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Brockville, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screening was the first step by a talent acquisition specialist. Then, a phone interview with the same person as well as the regional manager. This step was an interview with the regional director in person, where they quiz you on memorizing scripts and role play situations. You then hace to do a short workout of the 10 minute "fit fix" where you are probably better off pretending like you don't know what you're doing. Unfortunately the trainer I met with did not seem impressed by my age (a lot younger than her) and I immediately felt like it wasn't going to go well. The next day I received an email from the taken acquisition specialist, letting me know that they had hired someone internally. Kind of wish they wouldn't have wasted my time. Ultimately, I don't think I would have accepted and offer if I had received one, mostly because of the vibe I got when in the gym. Thus location in particular seems to have a very high turn over, as they had at least two different GMs over the course of a hear or so.

Interview Questions

• Role playing in specific scenarios.   1 Answer

Associate Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen and told by the recruiter she would follow up to schedule the 2nd round interview. The recruiter never called me back, but a different recruiter called almost a week later. I then had an interview over the phone with 3 hiring managers. They were not very informative and seemed to disregard my questions. I was told I would hear back and never did. I sent a follow up email and was still ghosted. For such a large company this was a very poor candidate experience and unprofessional. I won’t be applying to Goodlife again and recommend others stay away as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in a unionized environment?   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in February 2018.

Interview

I applied the position through school career portal. It took 2-3 days to get the interview after the deadline. The interview was one on one in the London headquarters office. The interview result comes within a day and they encourage you to apply again if they cannot give you the opportunity to work.

Interview Questions

• The pseudo code to determine the next payment date, depending on membership type (biweekly or monthly), keeping in mind that the payment date should not be a holiday or a weekend.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview

first interview was basic questions. second interview was more technical with exercise movements. interviewed by the fitness manager. casual environment more like chit chat. role played with a trainer as client and myself as the trainer. demonstrated a few exercises

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

First they do a phone interview. It’s very easy and they just ask you general questions. Then you get called in for your first face to face interview. They ask you to pick 3 cards from a deck, that has different company values, and explain to them why those values are important to you. Then they ask why you wanna be a personal trainer and how you came to like fitness. They ask you how you would sell packages and find new clients. Lastly they ask you about different muscle groups and what exercises work those muscle groups. Then the interview ends, and if they like you they call you in for a 2nd face to face interview. In this interview you’re sent a case study ahead of time, and you need to create a 60 minute personal training session for the client they tell you about in the case study, and do the session with the fitness manager.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in January 2018.

Interview

Phone questionnaire: Exchanged greetings, asked some basic availability questions; how I discovered the job; relevant work experience; and an actual fitness-related question. Overall a pleasant, painless exchange to establish an in-person interview date.

Interview Questions

• What are some exercises for your quads?   1 Answer

Fitness Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Vaughan, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had a phone interview that was very basic then got scheduled for an in person interview a week later, the questions mostly focused on how you would make sales and reach sales targets then I had to act out a scenario of how I would get them to give as many references as possible. Also had to show up to the interview with a sales plan which I had to present.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone who is doesn't necessarily have the funds to sign up for a Goodlife membership?   Answer Question