GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.6

Fitness Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Vaughan, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had a phone interview that was very basic then got scheduled for an in person interview a week later, the questions mostly focused on how you would make sales and reach sales targets then I had to act out a scenario of how I would get them to give as many references as possible. Also had to show up to the interview with a sales plan which I had to present.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone who is doesn't necessarily have the funds to sign up for a Goodlife membership?   Answer Question

JUMP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

- The first interview was a phone interview after applying online, to ensure I was a good fit for the position
    - The phone interview included questions about myself, including background and experience in childcare as well as availability and my reason for being interested in the company
    - On the phone, I was told I would be interviewing with the assistant manager for the position and that I had a homework assignment to prepare
    - The homework assignment was to prepare 3 activities for a variety of age groups and have an informal presentation ready to present on these activities
    - I was also told to bring workout gear to the interview as the interview would had a fitness component
    - During the in person interview, I was asked standard questions about myself and I had to present my homework assignment
    - I was not asked to go through the workout as I made the interviewer aware of an injury I had
    - I was offered the position on the spot at that interview and was told I would be contacted for dates of training

Interview Questions

• What activities did you plan for each age group and why?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (St. John's, NL (Canada)).

Interview

I applied from within. I was working as a "Fitness Ambassador", fancy name for someone who showed new members how to use basic machines, and decided I wanted to become a Personal Trainer. I did CANFIT PRO - CPT and applied. I was in the first year of my Kinesiology degree at the time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, another phone interview, then final interview with manager. The hiring manager was very nice and like my answers to most questions. I did not get an offer because they had a hiring event and the manager hired 3 others. They asked for 3 muscles in the back and legs, how would you explain a squat. A time you went above and beyond for someone. and other typical questions, wasnt too hard overall. be ready to say that you know this job does not provide work life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at goodlife?   1 Answer

Motivator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called a day or two after applying and asked to come in for an interview. Sat down one-on-one with the assistant manager. She called the day after my interview and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge at a previous job, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Fitness Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview

The phone interview was straight forward just discussed the role of a fitness advisor. Now I had 2 in person interviews that were roughly the same they just asked about why i wanted the job and wanted me to discuss how I would generate leads ( I had to come prepared with a typed out plan). I also had to role play A LOT during the interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone who currently has no source of income to sign a membership plan?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online got a call from a recruiter went to that location for the interview. She asked me to choose 3 cards from a deck of statements and describe why I valued them then she asked me why I want to be a PT afterwards. She also quizzed me on muscles of the body and sent me an email for the 2nd interview which was at a different location. I had to complete an 8 week program for an elderly woman with osteoporosis like really they had to pick the MOST restricting client. I also had to share 4 ways I'd generate clients and fill out an availability sheet for scheduling hours. I handed those to her yet she asks me about a totally different client scenario when I'm there followed by showing me how to use a leg extension vice versa I showed her my version lastly demonstrate a squat. She was nice but kept criticizing everything I did even though I've been weight training for years. By the end I asked my question's but she mostly talked about her own certifications also don't like how they try and encourage you to spend money for their course which is just a scam. But she tells me she is moving and will get in touch when she returns it has been past that day now and I haven't heard back so I will be going solo when I earn my certification

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a $10,000 membership to someone?
      What if you had a client who suffers from diabetes and how would you deal with it while training them?
      Why do you want to become a PT?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Fitness Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy and friendly interview via phone went well, I got promise to schedule second interview with managers in the branch and inform me via e-mail, which has never happened. Do not answer my e-mails about my application progress.

Fitness Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview

2 steps - first was a general interview. They ask you your personal core values and then tell you all about how great and caring GoodLife is (blah, blah). Then, if you make it to the second step, they interview you while you're doing a workout on their Fit Fix machines. They ask you detailed questions about your personal fitness and what makes you stand out.

Interview Questions

• How do you lead an active and healthy lifestyle that aligns with GoodLife's purpose?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got and email asking when I could talk on the phone for a screening (2 weeks after I applied), got through the phone screening , then landed an interview, then was assigned a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you dealt with conflict and how could you have done it differently?   Answer Question