GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoodLife Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018

2.6

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in February 2018.

Interview

I applied the position through school career portal. It took 2-3 days to get the interview after the deadline. The interview was one on one in the London headquarters office. The interview result comes within a day and they encourage you to apply again if they cannot give you the opportunity to work.

Interview Questions

• The pseudo code to determine the next payment date, depending on membership type (biweekly or monthly), keeping in mind that the payment date should not be a holiday or a weekend.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview

first interview was basic questions. second interview was more technical with exercise movements. interviewed by the fitness manager. casual environment more like chit chat. role played with a trainer as client and myself as the trainer. demonstrated a few exercises

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in January 2018.

Interview

Phone questionnaire: Exchanged greetings, asked some basic availability questions; how I discovered the job; relevant work experience; and an actual fitness-related question. Overall a pleasant, painless exchange to establish an in-person interview date.

Interview Questions

• What are some exercises for your quads?   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

First they do a phone interview. It’s very easy and they just ask you general questions. Then you get called in for your first face to face interview. They ask you to pick 3 cards from a deck, that has different company values, and explain to them why those values are important to you. Then they ask why you wanna be a personal trainer and how you came to like fitness. They ask you how you would sell packages and find new clients. Lastly they ask you about different muscle groups and what exercises work those muscle groups. Then the interview ends, and if they like you they call you in for a 2nd face to face interview. In this interview you’re sent a case study ahead of time, and you need to create a 60 minute personal training session for the client they tell you about in the case study, and do the session with the fitness manager.

Fitness Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Vaughan, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had a phone interview that was very basic then got scheduled for an in person interview a week later, the questions mostly focused on how you would make sales and reach sales targets then I had to act out a scenario of how I would get them to give as many references as possible. Also had to show up to the interview with a sales plan which I had to present.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone who is doesn't necessarily have the funds to sign up for a Goodlife membership?   Answer Question

JUMP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

- The first interview was a phone interview after applying online, to ensure I was a good fit for the position
    - The phone interview included questions about myself, including background and experience in childcare as well as availability and my reason for being interested in the company
    - On the phone, I was told I would be interviewing with the assistant manager for the position and that I had a homework assignment to prepare
    - The homework assignment was to prepare 3 activities for a variety of age groups and have an informal presentation ready to present on these activities
    - I was also told to bring workout gear to the interview as the interview would had a fitness component
    - During the in person interview, I was asked standard questions about myself and I had to present my homework assignment
    - I was not asked to go through the workout as I made the interviewer aware of an injury I had
    - I was offered the position on the spot at that interview and was told I would be contacted for dates of training

Interview Questions

• What activities did you plan for each age group and why?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (St. John's, NL (Canada)).

Interview

I applied from within. I was working as a "Fitness Ambassador", fancy name for someone who showed new members how to use basic machines, and decided I wanted to become a Personal Trainer. I did CANFIT PRO - CPT and applied. I was in the first year of my Kinesiology degree at the time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, another phone interview, then final interview with manager. The hiring manager was very nice and like my answers to most questions. I did not get an offer because they had a hiring event and the manager hired 3 others. They asked for 3 muscles in the back and legs, how would you explain a squat. A time you went above and beyond for someone. and other typical questions, wasnt too hard overall. be ready to say that you know this job does not provide work life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at goodlife?   1 Answer

Motivator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called a day or two after applying and asked to come in for an interview. Sat down one-on-one with the assistant manager. She called the day after my interview and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge at a previous job, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Fitness Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview

The phone interview was straight forward just discussed the role of a fitness advisor. Now I had 2 in person interviews that were roughly the same they just asked about why i wanted the job and wanted me to discuss how I would generate leads ( I had to come prepared with a typed out plan). I also had to role play A LOT during the interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone who currently has no source of income to sign a membership plan?   Answer Question