Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkinIn. Received an email to come in for an initial screening interview (which honestly could've been done over the phone). Heard back the following week to come in to meet with the team I'd be supporting. Met with the head of HR, and 4 of the Account Executives. Was basically to see if we'd be a fit for each other. They were very informal interviews that lasted about 30 minutes per person. At the end of the interview, was told to follow up with HR for status and next steps. Followed up twice and never heard back.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process at GS&P was great and very fluid. I interviewed first with the HR director and then moved on to members of the team (I think 10 in total). It was a long few days but everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. This interview style was conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about brands responding on social media in times of crisis?   Answer Question

Creative Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

Great process up until the wrap-up. Met with the team etc. got resoundingly positive feedback. Never heard from them again until 8 months later where I got a copied and pasted rejection that had obviously been used at another time/with another candidate. Cool company, cool people, unorganized interview process and left me wondering how unorganized internal HR might have been.

Brand Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

It was a smooth process. The recruiter was personable and easy to talk to. It was a casual interview. My interviewers had already reviewed my work, which was refreshing and made the conversations feel natural. Ultimately it was a great experience and had quick turnaround.

Interview Questions

• Asked to discuss my work, my experience and why I wanted to work there   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

At least 3+ rounds of interviews. Took roughly 3 weeks. The process was pretty easy and had great communication all the way through with the hiring team. Interview first with the hiring manager/HR team and then move on to the specific team/brand.

Interview Questions

• What is unique about you and what can you bring to the agency?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and professional. They go to a lot of trouble to allow you to meet key agency figures. They seem to spend a decent amount of time talking to candidates, I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to move to SF   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I met with the head of the department and recruiting manager and was contacted the next day to come back for interviews with people in the department I was applying for. I came back a couple weeks later and met with 4-5 people and was there for about 4 hours total. All of the interviews were casual and conversational, they just want to see if you would fit into the culture and if you're capable of the job you're applying for.

ACD Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Interview

Came in to meet with a few people, just a couple hours. They force most people down in title, which was tough for everyone i'd talked to about this. Had an offer in a few days, accepted and I was done everything in 2 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions were asked. Which I liked. I thought they were respectful enough to trust based on your portfolio. The interview was just a personality test to make sure you aren't a jerk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate about title, which they force most people down a title. No go. Money was no problem. Was offered the same/current salary (which was a step up from my offered title). Easy.

Art Director Interview

Interview

Speaking to interns, the interview went well. I got hired on the spot. Your book speaks volumes, so without good previous work, it's probably pretty impossible to get a chance here. The chances of getting hired full time during the internship are slim to none.

Brand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

HR screening interview via Skype, followed by in-person meetings with the NY office managing director and the co-executive creative directors. At the time, the NY office was in start-up mode so the office leads were meeting all candidates -- not sure if there are more layers there now as part of the process.

Interview Questions

• As NY is a small office, the team was mostly interested in assessing if there was a chemistry fit.   Answer Question