Goodrich Quality Theaters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Called a manager and set up a interview. Had a great easy interview. After the interview the manager said she would call me within 10 days after they did some paper work. Then after following up with them twice, once in person still no response. Overall this possess left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your biggest strengths?   1 Answer

General Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Noblesville, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

One of the managers took me aside for a one-on-one interview. It was a very typical interview that asked about my availability, interests, and qualifications.

Tips: Don't get too discouraged if they don't call you back about the job when they say that they will, as the entire process took about a month from the time I turned in my application online. If you're hired, turn in your paperwork ASAP so they can get it through the system, as mine took about a week to clear.

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Fairly easy and straightforward, light-hearted. I got the job right away, especially after saying why I liked the theatre so much as a customer. The manager I interviewed with was very nice and seemed interested in what I had to say. The employees I interacted with were also nice.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply here?   1 Answer

Concessionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Saginaw, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back interview. Behavioral and personality questions were common to get asked. The actual interview itself only took about 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Within about 3 days, I got offered the position.

General Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted shortly after by a manager and set up an interview for a week later. Interview was with a different manager. Questions were typical, concerned myself, my abilities, retail work, and past employment. Interviewing manager was professional. I was told I would receive a call back "within a week", but never did. Called to request a response, as another job offer had come up and I needed a response (this was my preferred option), and was told that they interviewing manager would call me back shortly. Never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a situation with an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Out of the positions you would be working, which are you least likely to want to do?   Answer Question

Staffer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Canton, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Application was turned in, I asked for an interview and they gave me one a few days later. They asked me basic interview questions and asked about my availability and hired me on the spot. The manager who interviewed me was extremely approachable and was not intimidating.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was very easy. When I turned in my application, I was offered an interview on the spot. The process took about 15-30 minutes, and they were not difficult at all. They were pretty basic and focused mainly on customer service skills because this is usually an entry-level job for high school students. I got an offer on the phone about six days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I would be willing to change a lightbulb if neccassary, which seemed really random at the time. Also, they asked which aspects of the job I liked/disliked the most.   Answer Question

ENTRY Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters.

Interview

Interview process is really easy. Managers just ask simple questions - what do you like to do for fun, what is your availability, what is your biggest weakness, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions

• "are you mechanically inclined?" This question threw me off because what exactly would we be doing at a theater where we would have to be? Just say you can learn how to fix something if it needs to be fixed. This question refers to popper breaking, seats breaking, stuff like that   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. min. wage

Cashier/Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I received a call from Quality 16 about a week after I submitted my application online. The interview was scheduled for 8pm and I got there a few minutes early to get reacquainted with the theater. Around 8ish, one of the assistant managers came out and we met in the adjoining party room. The questions were pretty typical interview questions, and I even had an opportunity to share my volunteer experience and talk about my nerdiness. It all ended on a very good note, and I received a phone call about a week and a half later asking if I was interested in taking a position there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Even though I worked in retail for quite a few years, I was unable to negotiate a higher pay rate for myself, as everyone starts at the same rate. Due to my open availability, however, I was able to work out the hours very well.

Staffer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodrich Quality Theaters.

Interview

Submitted application in person, received a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for an in person interview. Interview lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of very basic interview questions (what is your favorite subject in school, tell me about a time you succeeded, etc.). Received the job offer less than one week after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone starts at minimum wage.