Gopuff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gopuff

2.2

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gopuff (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

Recruiter interview, followed by a super lengthy "social media test" and then an interview with a Mrs. Emily but then that ends with being left in the dark! ** BE WARNED ** They claim they're trying to find the "perfect" candidate for this role but I honestly feel like they're STEALING people's ideas from the SUPER extensive "social media test" that follows the initial recruiter interview. I say that because they ask WAY TOO MUCH such as a minimum of 3 creative elements, a 30-60-90-day business plan and "super specific" recommendations you'd implement into their current social media strategy. What I find funny is how one of MY creative elements oddly reminded me of one of their Instagram posts following my interview. In addition, I never received an email from either the recruiter or head that interviewed me saying "they were pursing other candidates" or "passing on me." And let me also add this position has been around since March. Let this all sink in before you slave away on that "social media test" that they're not paying you to do and probably steal ideas from. They aren't cutting you a check for your ideas-- they're just pocketing them instead.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about yourself, why are you looking to leave, what projects have you failed, how would our friends describe you, how would your co-workers describe you, basic questions...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gopuff (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Super organized and straight to the point. Got back to me right away for the initial phone interview. Very in-depth background on the company and the position. Asked me a lot about myself, was super transparent about everything.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pitch goPuff to them as if I was trying to get someone to download the app.   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gopuff (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very unorganized. Here is a timeline of the events that transpired:
    -Wed 2PM: Received invitation and was asked the best time to be contacted
    -Wed 3:30PM: Responded to email and requested to be contacted at Thursday 3PM
    -Thurs 3PM; Did not receive a confirmation and I was not called at 3PM
    -Thursday 5:15PM: I was called by a hiring manager, at which point was a bad time, as I had to just arrived at my current job so it was very hectic in the background.
    -Thurs 7PM: Received an email that I would be called at the time I requested (The email was sent after my phone interview!)

Interview Questions

• The interviewer had no interest in my background or credentials and immediately went into idea farming. Questions were very specific about marketing strategies in a new market.   1 Answer

The hiring manager was very unprofessional, pushy and somewhat rude.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gopuff in November 2016.

Interview

After a month-long interview process, I was finally offered the position of Marketing Manager in a major West Coast city, only to turn it down due to a low salary, a commission-based bonus system, and no benefits laid out in the contract. Oh yeah, and they offered me the job two days before they wanted me to start working at an event they had planned for that Saturday. I am someone with several years of Marketing Management experience. Considering Marketing Managers do not typically work on a commission-based salary, I was very surprised that this wasn't brought up earlier in the interview process. I have always operated under the school of thought that if the employer does not bring up the topic of salary, neither do you, for it can come across as pushy or greedy. I deeply regret not asking about salary earlier on in the interview process, as it would have saved everyone a lot of time. *****A word of caution for this position: If you have a college degree and actual experience in marketing, and would like to be compensated fairly for that experience, look elsewhere. If the idea of earning 31k BEFORE taxes, with a commission structure that cuts you off before you even hit an annual earning of 52k BEFORE taxes, then by all means, apply. Don't plan on being given the opportunity to negotiate, unless you enjoy being guilt-tripped and criticized for knowing your own worth.

Interview Questions

• Give us all of your best ideas in a presentation so we can use them later and pretend these were our ideas all along....   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gopuff.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. Seemed rushed and pushed to schedule an interview before all of my questions were answered. Interview was short and they didn't seem to know what exactly they were looking for.

Overall unprofessional. HR could have saved all of our time with a more thorough phone screen.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gopuff (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Casual sit down where you get asked the general interview questions. My GM was actually a good dude and not a total moron so he could do a decent job and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel like stepping outside your comfort zone to help out the team/branch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gopuff (Syracuse, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Simple, honest & upfront. It was more of a conversation to see if both parties were right for each other more than anything else. It helped take some of the nerves away with how comfortable it was.

Interview Questions

• Where did you here about us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gopuff (Cleveland, OH) in July 2018.

Interview

Didn't really ask about prior employment. Only cared about if I had a computer to do the job effectively. He asked about how many years of management I had, which didn't really apply to the job that I'd be doing.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gopuff (Madison, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was very simple,and quick. If you meet the basic requirements then you are as well as hired. Very calm and relaxing interview best I have ever had

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gopuff (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview went well enough but they did not have the decency to respond and let me know that I did not get the position. Good company, bad interview/business ethics.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to work late.   1 Answer