Gracenote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gracenote Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gracenote.

Interview

Asked about my previous role as a PM. They seemed to be looking for people with relevant work experience. Asked whether I had experience creating PRDs, product roadmaps. The recruiter came across as rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous role as a PM. What did you do? Why do you want to work for Gracenote?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gracenote (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer gave a brief overview of the company and what they do, asked me what I knew about the same, and then asked about my qualifications for the position — which languages I know, what databases and operating systems I am familiar with, and so on. We determined that the job wasn't a fit, but he proceeded to spend fifteen minutes discussing where to go from here with me, which was both unsolicited and incredibly helpful. As far as failed interviews go, this was the post positive I've had.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A telephone screening interview followed by 3 separate in-person interviews with a HR representative and 2 technical managers on the same day. I was asked several general questions regarding technology and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• How would you create an efficient distributed logging system?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Investigated company through GlassDoor and LinkedIn. Discovered a Gracenote developer who was known to a mutual acquaintance and chatted online a bit. Main point of interest: growing, dynamic company where people stay a while (6-10 years or more).

Applied online, phone call with company recruiter. Set up phone call with dev group's supervisor ("Product Owner"), had a miscommunication, set up for the following business day. Set up 3-hour onsite interview, then extended to 4 hours due to one interviewer being in Korea at the time. Received detailed interview schedule ahead of time.

Interviewed with 4 pairs or trios of people, 3 of them online through Google Hangouts. Brief interview then technical question or two in each. Some white-board pseudocode, some editing on a computer while sharing the screen. Challenging but not absurdly technical.

Received & accepted job offer 1 week later, after a few more phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Given two files of sorted text information that may have duplicates, and not being able to load either of them fully into memory, how would you create three files of "In A but not B," "In B but not A," and "In both"?   Answer Question
    • There are 3 doors. There is a treasure behind one. What are the chances of choosing the right door? Without changing your choice, I open one of the other doors. How have the chances now changed?   Answer Question
    • You want to keep track of 4 threads in a program. How do you make sure there are no collisions?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gracenote in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and they replied very fast after I submit the application. I got an email from HR and scheduled for a phone interview. The interview questions are mostly behavioral questions and no big trick.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with excel? why do you want to apply for this intern   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

- Product Management related Qs
    - Company Structure discussion
    - Career Goals
    - Ideas to improve the product
    - What music/video do you use currently
    - Tell me about yourself
    - Take me through your background
    - Cross-cultural experience sharing, if any
    - Do you know how embedded systems work?
    - Things to take care of in a requirements document

Finance Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in 2015. It took a month with two-4 hours interviews. I have met with peers, HR and upper managers. The scheduling part is very smooth, and interview went well. I declined the offer since I don't' see the work life balance culture there.

Interview Questions

I found out there is no work life balance there even I was told there is.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 phone interviews, then invitation to HQ to meet with hiring manager. Very long time before follow up after submitting application and resume online (about a month). Likely due to how busy the entire office was with recent company growth.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much just an overview of resume experience, nothing technical   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gracenote (Queensbury, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Last minute call, had applied almost two months earlier. Hiring managers were professional and welcoming. Office is clean and organized. HR was helpful in working times around schedule

Interview Questions

• Describe a financial model you have formulated in Excel?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview started with an HR screen followed by a one hour phone conversation with the HR recruiter. The recruiter was very professional and nice. She took the time to describe the company and the position. The next stage was an interview with the hiring manager by phone. He was very professional as well and took the time to describe the position of the company as well as the requirements.