Gracenote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gracenote Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2018

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with normal screening call with the HR. Salary Budget was really low from Bay Area perspective. I shared my expectations and she went back and came with approval. Next was a call from Hiring manager who really liked my way of thinking since he too thought more from "Architecture" perspective.

Was invited onsite and it was overall good experience. Everyone on the team was nice to talk to except one person who seemed fresh out of college and only had "hypothetical" questions and seeked "story telling" answers. I wished I could be that person for her but It is what it is.

Received standard response "we found you over qualified" for this role, there has been recent restructuring in the team and we are looking to adding someone less experienced. The truth is - nobody fits exactly into anything. You yourself did not fit into your job description, but they hired you.

People are not square pegs to be fitted into square holes.

For a candidate to fit, you have to make room, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt, you yourself have to be flexible.You are interviewing your own ability to bring them up to speed, to make room for them, your own flexibility.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Three interviews before calling for onsite. Onsite interview is very bad experience. During the interview, hiring manager was very rude. There is no GRACE in this Gracenote. Happy that I didn't end up in this company.

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gracenote in November 2017.

Interview

They put me through a three panel interview, in which they asked me the exact same questions several times. They waited until the very end of the interview to tell me they couldn't meet my salary expectations, which I communicated to them on the phone a week earlier.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gracenote.

Interview

First was a phone screening with the technical recruiter. Recruiter was really nice and talked about the company in detail, job description, asking about expectations and a brief overview of the expected work and the work culture.
    Second round was a telephonic interview with the recruiting manager of the team. There was very little dialogue. It took barely 15 minutes of the interview where the questions were very vague. Some of the questions did not seem as if they were for a technical position. Not really sure how much they gauge based on the replies provided.

Design Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gracenote.

Interview

A series of phone interviews leading to an internship position. Casual but corporate vibe. Everyone was very friendly on the phone and made the process easy and painless. Follow ups were scheduled promptly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gracenote (Queensbury, NY).

Interview

Very comfortable (if that's possible) interview process. Spoke briefly with HR (not the same person from the phone interview though from someone from the Bay Area). Then was brought in front of the manager of the department, and then in front of a few developers. The architect was great at explaining the workings of the position and what was to be expected for the position, had been there for many years which is promising. Much more tech oriented than some other co's in the albany/upstate area. Seniors expressed that a lot of the software written was in-house, so I look forward to that.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo code to reverse a string in place. Asked how you would go about solving something similar to the "Einstein Puzzle". Asked various relevant questions about working on a team, on which resources I relied upon in my day to day work, which program languages or other tech I am interested in learning in my free time. Interviewer seemed to grasp every technology that I brought up and mentioned where it might be applicable to the exact things they would expect me to be working on. Again, promising!   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gracenote.

Interview

Asked about my previous role as a PM. They seemed to be looking for people with relevant work experience. Asked whether I had experience creating PRDs, product roadmaps. The recruiter came across as rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous role as a PM. What did you do? Why do you want to work for Gracenote?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Gracenote practices age discrimination. Submitted resume online. Got quick reply and scheduled phone call with recruiter. Was asked about background, relevant experience, recent roles and why interested in Gracenote. Though I have exact qualifications being sought, I was rejected as overqualified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gracenote (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer gave a brief overview of the company and what they do, asked me what I knew about the same, and then asked about my qualifications for the position — which languages I know, what databases and operating systems I am familiar with, and so on. We determined that the job wasn't a fit, but he proceeded to spend fifteen minutes discussing where to go from here with me, which was both unsolicited and incredibly helpful. As far as failed interviews go, this was the post positive I've had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gracenote (Emeryville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A telephone screening interview followed by 3 separate in-person interviews with a HR representative and 2 technical managers on the same day. I was asked several general questions regarding technology and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• How would you create an efficient distributed logging system?   Answer Question