Cover image for Grand Circle Travel

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Grand Circle Travel Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 111 of over 111 interviews

Employee Referral14%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Grand Circle Travel

Application

I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel

Interview

The interview had two parts. The 1st part was a team activity to see how well you work with others and the second part was a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Please tell me about yourself
    Answer Question

Grand Circle Travel

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel

Interview

Was flown out on location to interview after two successful video interviews. There were quite a few (amazing) applicants chosen for this. It was 3 days of intensive work, where I didn't get the feeling it was very organized. Maybe their first time interviewing in this way. Some people got feedback on the tasks that were given, some did not. Lots of group projects, which is unusual for a job where you will be working, for the most part, alone. Overall, just way too much work than it's worth for being a job interview. After all that, they chose their candidates and I found out later that they decided to "unhire" at least 2 of them. I can't imagine the audacity required to offer a job, and then take it away for no real reason, never explained. Avoid this company like the plague.

Interview Questions
  • Role play. Which is extremely awkward and a great way to find - not capable employees - but people who are good at playing pretend.

Grand Circle Travel

Application

I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel

Interview

Molto stressante e mirato per vedere chi è in grado di sopportare la tensione. Alla prima selezione seguono tre giorni di training formativo, colloquio di gruppo. Bisogna arrivare preparati sulla mission dell'azienda

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grand Circle Travel

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel in Nov 2021

Interview

Esperienza di selezione pessima, dopo un primo colloquio telefonico e un video call, si viene convocati per un assessment group di una giornata intera. Ore di chiacchiere inutili sui value aziendali, a cui per altro non corrispondo i fatti, presentazioni e giochi di ruolo in cui chi non è simpatico ai selezionatori viene messo più in difficoltà.

Interview Questions
  • Presentazione della propria persona in inglese (attenzione non sono tanto interessati alle vostre competenze ed esperienze, quanto alla vita privata); esercizio sull'utilizzo di excel; stesura di un itinerario di un giorno e presentazione dello stesso; giochi di ruolo: simulazione di telefonate con i vendors. Dopo ogni attività vengono dati dei feedback personali (leggasi giudizi incontestabili), sulla base di quello che i selezionatori hanno interpretato e spesso frainteso, infatti non potete permettervi di far notare il fraintendimento, nonostante uno dei loro value sia "open and courageous communication". Per l'esecuzione del gioco di ruolo non vengono minimamente spiegate le policy aziendali che ipoteticamente bisognerebbe rispettare ed entro cui potersi muovere, i selezionatori non seguono un copione identico per tutti i candidati, con la facoltà di mettervi in difficoltà se non risultate loro simpatici. Risultato: seppure le mie competenze professionali e le mie esperienze siano le migliori, non vado bene come persona per l'azienda, testuali parole. Per fortuna, sarebbe stato un incubo lavorare con persone del genere. Consiglio: accettate di partecipare alla selezione sono se siete pronti a dire sempre sì, fare osservazioni inutili, forzatamente simpatici e lecca piedi, tanto le competenze reali non contano.

Grand Circle Travel

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel in Nov 2021

Interview

I must say that this is the worst interview I have ever experienced. - I received a reply to arrange an interview soon after providing my resume, but one day before the interview, I found that the date of the meeting link she sent to me was set incorrectly (was one day earlier than we agreed), so I sent email to inform this. Soon after I received her reply, said that she had set the wrong date, but that they happened to be available today, and if I want, they can also conduct an interview now. And when I found this email (about 20 minutes later), I replied that I still want to conduct the interview at the previously agreed date. She replied with obviously displeased, saying that they are still waiting for me to do the interview now. But I was not at home at the time, so I told them politely that I am sorry but I want the interview still be conducted at the agreed date. The next day, just two hours before the scheduled interview, she suddenly informed me that she has to change the date of the interview and postpone it by another day. However, in those two emails, she did not apologize at all, including setting the wrong meeting date and suddenly changing the interview date. - But none of the above was the worst. Finally, on the day of the interview, they introduced themselves at first, and then asked me to introduce myself. When I started to introduce myself, she immediately turned from the camera to another computer , that obvious synchronization is dealing with other work items. After my introduction, she finally turned to me and asked the question exactly what I had already mentioned in my self-introduction. And when I was halfway through the answer again, she interrupted me and asked if I could speak Italian. I honestly said I was studying, and answered him in the affirmative that I studied all the content written by the vacancies and did not mention the italain language is necessary. Her face turned very unhappy and interrupted me immeditatly and said that they will not continue the recruitment process with me. Although I feel very uncomfortable, I still hope that the interview can be ended peacefully and amicably. Therefore, I made some suggestions, that they should improve job description and some other suggestions. And her reply became even worse, behaved very rudely, repeating "we are very busy" "very busy" and "I don't think you understand" several times. - Anyway , I believe that there must be some problems with the human resources and management of this company, which will make a person so busy, so busy that it loses the heart, politeness and the ability to communicate with others.

Interview Questions
  • They are too busy that I only participate in the self-introduction part.

Grand Circle Travel

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel

Interview

I first got a phone interview just basic what did you do before, then a zoom call interview more detail about the job and more about why you like to travel, that sort of thing. Then I received an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Rome) in Sep 2021

Interview

The first round is in Zoom, with two interviewers; the second round is in-person and had two different interviewers from the brand team. Overall experience was great. but they didn't give me update afterward

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Boston, MA) in Jun 2021

Interview

RED ALERT! RED ALERT! ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS! If you hear that and you’re excited about what’s going to happen next instead of being afraid for your life this might be the workplace for you! Do you enjoy negging? Personality Assessments (Predictive Index) that are super inconsistent before an interview? Do you thrive in workplace cultures that are so toxic it’s a surprise that people aren’t going home with super powers at the end of the day? Assuming they survived the war zone and weren’t killed during the live fire “training” exercises. Do you ace interviews for places that outside recruiters know are hostile, toxic, with owners that act like spoiled brats, and somehow think they deserve to remain in business while acting like petulant children throwing a tantrum in the middle of their call center (THANK YOU, ANONYMOUS REVIEWER!) and get away with it because nobody has ever said no to them and lived to tell the tale? Are you okay with third party recruiters that send troops to die at companies like this like cannon fodder without briefing you of what you’re stepping into? If you answered “YES!” then this is a great place to work if you love being treated with disrespect, being yelled at, told the work you’ve done is rubbish when you finally run out of answers after presenting to the senior leadership/owner because you’ve been interrogated like you’ve committed war crimes against humanity where every question isn’t just loaded and aimed at you, it’s a bazooka followed by an RPG, followed by a tank being air dropped from a C-130, and then you have to go do it all over again and again until you finally get the senior leadership to say “YES!” Imagine this Groundhog Day of an existence. What could the Spanish Inquisition do that's worse than that? Don’t worry about the fact that their website looks like it’s from at least fifteen years ago, and is completely ineffective and distracting. Don’t worry about the fact that the hiring manager looks like a Prisoner of War that’s been held against their will and away from their family for 5 years, even though it looks like it’s been a lifetime for them. They appear to be on the receiving end of domestic abuse at work, and are afraid they’ll be caught if they tell you the truth. (SERIOUSLY.) Don’t be concerned that they’re so worried about if you have a thick enough skin that you’ll be able to take all of the abuse that you’ll be exposed to everyday. Think the actual skills of the job matter? Nah, that’s not even close to their first priority. That’s what subordinates are for, they’ll test your tech abilities. Hiring manager freely admits they have no way to measure your skills. Confessions from the hiring manager: there are many cooks in the kitchen, there’s a lot of “collaboration” there, which they clarified as there can be a lot of “talking” or YELLING AT EACH OTHER. It was clear YELLING IS THEIR PRIMARY FORM OF COMMUNICATION. Yelling, isn’t that your favorite means to professionally communicate? I can’t tell you how often I’ve seen companies that prefer those oral skills. They openly share that this is not a corporate environment where there is a lot of respect. You will NOT be respected there. Oh, and getting out on time? It’s okay, think of it as a mandatory opportunity to avoid commuter traffic, because if it’s a bad day and you’re still cleaning up after WW3, 4, or 5, you’ll be staying late. To be clear: the hiring manager seemed decent/good hearted, but stuck in a rough spot.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with being yelled at?
  • How would you deal with being told to do the same work again a few days after turning it in and being told no on what you advised, until the senior leadership/owner says yes?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Boston, MA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Interview process was super relax and friendly. They asked about yourself and why you want to work for the company. It was only one interview and I had two supervisors there. They then give you a tour of a company.

Interview Questions
  • What was a recent challenge you've faced and how did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (London, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Bizarre. An obviously clueless HR interviewer called me and tried to conduct a process from a piece of paper while paying zero attention to me or anything we were talking about. It was felt more like a cult initiation, or some unhuman robot bot... never seen anything like this before, or since.

Interview Questions
  • It was mostly requested to perform primitive tasks, with little or false information and context.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 111 Interviews

Grand Circle Travel Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Grand Circle Travel according to 108 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 22.13%