Grandstream Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grandstream Networks Interview Questions

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks.

Interview

The company is located in City of Industry. After I entered, a guy asked me to finish some questions first, just some basic C concept questions and coding tasks. Then an engineer came and asked me to explain my answers and a few quick puzzles. The last round is like going through my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Got an email telling me to go to onsite interview at LA. Very small company, no front doors, doors are locked. There were three people interviewed me. All of them are seems like Chinese. The interview lasts for two and a half hour, consisting three round in a meeting room.

Interview Questions

• 1. System Design of an elevator. 2. find missing number/ better way to solve it.
      3. Multi-threads and dead lock. 4. write a function to determine a int is power of two. 5. write a function to determine a int is prime. 6. Given 7 numbers, each represent three character on the phone, write a function to print out all the possible combinations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply through school career fair , then they sent me a quiz (dont worry!! It is easy, you can google online. need to reply within a week). Then they give me the onsite. It is a 1:1 interview. Basically talking about your resume and introduce their company. No deep technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

got call and went onsite interview which cost about 5 hours. Then one month later got a call and went onsite again and only write a simple quiz and ask about resume.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Simple interview process basically they will testing your knowledge about basic network and VoIP protocols. There're two rounds of short interviews, the whole process was finished in couple hours.
    Manager will call you back in a few days if they decided to hire you.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks in August 2014.

Interview

They asked me to solve brain teaser questions which are hard to answer. And then, they asked me various questions - concurrency, data structure, network concepts, algorithms, and bit operations. Also, I was asked to introduce my academic experience at the school.

Interview Questions

• String permutation problem. Print out every possible string permutation based on a given character set.   Answer Question

The salary was less than an industry standard.

Creative Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

This was the most time consuming and infuriating interview process that I have ever had the displeasure of going through. My first interview in their Boston office entailed speaking with five different people, and it lasted an entire day. I had been led to believe that I would be meeting one or two people, so I had only taken the morning off from my full time job. I had to make an excuse to call out for the afternoon. After being grilled for an entire day by 5 different managers, it became clear that they had unrealistically high expectations for a non-manager. Then, one of them emailed me that night asking me to create an advertisement for one of their new products. This took several hours, and I did not receive any kind of communication from them for another three weeks after I had sent in the final product.

When they finally did reach back out, they asked me to come in two more times (took another vacation day from my f/t job), once to interview with a sales manager and another time with the CEO. The CEO somehow expected me to have advanced Flash animation skills, which was not listed in the job description or on my resume. I left feeling even more confused and annoyed than I had been before at his impossibly high expectations. Shockingly, I was still offered the position. But, as it turned out, they neglected to mention that this job was commission based. The base salary was ridiculously low, especially considering the high cost of living in this area. I turned the down without thinking twice about. What a waste of time.

Long story short, I would recommend avoiding this company at all costs.

Interview Questions

• In addition to the 10 other various marketing/sales support roles you will be filling, will you also be able to design flash advertisements for our company?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

There are three rounds view in total. First one asked me some behavior questions like hobbies and also asked some projects experiences I listed on my resume. Second one ask some expert questions about network protocols. Third one ask the expectation of this job, any questions for this company and position.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just the basics of transport layer protocols.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks (City of Industry, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Casual environment. Don't expect typical interview questions here. Expect to be spoken to like a casual acquaintance. But don't let their demeanor fool you, the job isn't as great as it sounds. The process was more like a get-to-know-you process and less like a formal interview. In this respect, the interview process is great, the job on the other hand is a whole 'nother story.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Compensation was cut and dry, unfortunately, You may have better luck than me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received the job description from our advisor. Contacted by the hiring manager directly after I send my resume to hime by email. It takes 3 days. I was asked to visit their office which is in Los Angeles as well. Given a test paper. There were about 8 coding questions and I was asked to complete it within one hour. Then the engineer went through my answers and asked several questions.