Granite Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granite Construction (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by the HR rep about a summer internship with Granite and set the interview slot fairly quickly. Once there the interview took about 20 minutes and they just went off of my resume. Elaborate on my accomplishments.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Granite Construction.

Interview

I was fortunate in being able to sit in for an info session at my school. Afterwards, I had a chance to sit for an interview with one of the HR Managers, Kathleen. The usual questions and great enthusiasm from the hiring Manager.

Field Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview occurred at my university and I met with a project manager (I think), he had some pretty broad questions about why do I want to work in construction, why heavy civil, what were my favorite classes, etc. I found it pretty laid back and we actually had a conversation about our favorite things to do outside of school and work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern / work in heavy civil construction?   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of meeting the project executives, chief estimators, safety personal and vice president. The interview process was character based rather than technical skill based. The interviewing atmosphere was relaxed and allowed interviewees to see the Granite team.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Construction (West Haven, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

They were very flexible with finding a good time for the interview. I was brought in and interviewed by a project executive and a project manager. The interview was very relaxed. Like you would expect I was asked about past employment, experience that would benefit their company, and questions about what my goals are pertaining to their company.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction.

Interview

First interview took place at my school. Then i was instructed to set up a time in which i could come to the local office. since the interview time was set around lunch time, we went to a local restaurant where they paid. After the second interview they said they would contact me within the week. A simple straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction.

Interview

Applied online then spoke with the recruiter a week later then didn't hear from anyone for a couple weeks then spoke with the manager then came onsite for a in-person interview with the manager and HR recruiter

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a very corporate environment?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First interview was over Skpe. Then, you will meet with a panel of VPs from different departments. Everyone was very friendly and made you feel "at ease" during the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Palmdale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Drove out to be interviewed at granite. Interviewers were not prepared, had not read my resume. Interview consisted of them reading my resume and asking me questions from my resume. My friend had a better interview experience in Santa Barbara, where they were actually prepared. I was very disappointed I wasn't given the same opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions asking about my resume and for me to elaborate. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager after 6 weeks of applying. The interview was more functional than technical and it felt like the interview was just a formality and they may have had someone internal or crony in mind for the job.