Granite Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Granite Construction

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Palmdale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Drove out to be interviewed at granite. Interviewers were not prepared, had not read my resume. Interview consisted of them reading my resume and asking me questions from my resume. My friend had a better interview experience in Santa Barbara, where they were actually prepared. I was very disappointed I wasn't given the same opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions asking about my resume and for me to elaborate. Nothing difficult at all.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Granite Construction (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

By phone.The interviewer called so that they can interview me.The interviewer ask a couple of questions regarding my background,my interest in the company and what I know about the company. The interview took almost 15 minutes.

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager after 6 weeks of applying. The interview was more functional than technical and it felt like the interview was just a formality and they may have had someone internal or crony in mind for the job.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Granite Construction in January 2018.

Interview

Five Questions if that from a screen that seemed unhappy about contacting me. The screener did not attempt to build rapport before asking me questions about my work history. The interview opened by asking why I was leaving my current employer, why I didn't stay there longer and if I generally only stay for a short time at an employer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview, week later got an email for an in person interview. Met with the head HR for the first interview she was wonderful and had a lot of information to share about the company. After headed over the accounting building where I met with main manager and 2 supervisor for a 3 people interview. They made the experience nothing like I had imagine the atmosphere was great and they made it relaxing, and overall a great experience.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Butte, MT).

Interview

Conversational, with technical questions mixed in. Not very fluid. The people interviewing me didn’t seem very knowledgeable about me or my resume. It seemed like they read it during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would deal with an experienced worker that wasn’t wearing fall protection and was near a leading?   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Granite Construction (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Great applied through fax via an ad on the NY Times. Very competitive, interviewed over the phone and also in person twice. Locally and via video conference.

Interview Questions

• Questions for suitable for the time of position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I could have been negotiable, but at the time my position was entry level, I was satisfied with the offer. Since the job may require travel via vehicle and or air, negotiate a vehicle allowance, gas, and tolls.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granite Construction (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by the HR rep about a summer internship with Granite and set the interview slot fairly quickly. Once there the interview took about 20 minutes and they just went off of my resume. Elaborate on my accomplishments.

Estimating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Nice people that work there; however, hr system is quite antiquated. Still a good 'ol boy network.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experiences do you have to help us in this department?   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Vista, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I sat with 3 people in a room and all of them asked questions. After the first round, i and to go back for a second round with the regional manager.