Graybar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Quotation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Graybar (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Had lunch with two managers. Went very well. I asked some challenging questions and they were pretty much answered. Discussed my experience within the industry as well as my salary. Discussed my need for a flexible schedule due to special family situations to which they were willing to accommodate.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my overall experience in quotations.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Graybar (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. I was then passed off to hiring manager for face to face interview. Then i was instructed to complete online assessment, After that another interview with location staff in a final interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to approach a client with bad news   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graybar (Greenville, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview from HR lasted about 30 minutes then the Branch Manager called me for a face to face interview that lasted about an hour. I researched the company and the BM went through all those details again. His position was in sales before being a manager so he did great at selling Graybar as a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Had I ever managed a budget?
      Why I would be a good fit for the position?
      How had I heard about their company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Graybar (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was a long process with two interviews asking real world experience questions. More about problem solving and solution application using current knowledge than your standard "If you were and animal what would you be" type interview questions. Then there was a personality test, drug test, and a lot of paperwork (for the on-boarding process)

Interview Questions

• If you were going to talk to a customer who didn't know they had a problem, how would you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar (Norcross, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager first. Then a second meeting was set up with the hiring manager's boss. Whole process took about a month. Drug test and background check. I hear they may have added a IQ/Intelligence Test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. Pay scale is very defined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar (Naperville, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Upon being contacted by a Graybar HR rep through indeed.com, I was impressed with how fast results were accumulating. It took less than a week and one phone interview to make it to stage 2 which involved a sales assessment & background check. After passing both tests, a face-to-face interview took place between myself, the Branch Manager, and a District Sales Manager who were both extremely friendly. We discussed initiatives, scope of the market, expectations for 2012, and the life of an outside sales representative leaving the mood in high spirits. It seemed a fruitful partnership was definitely coming together until the second interview with the branch manager where about half-way through I was told "Just remember, don't screw with me," which I felt was very unprofessional. Unfortunately this set the tone of who would ultimately be my boss and quickly decided not to pursue anything further with Graybar.

Interview Questions

The pay was low compared to other sales jobs and was not thrilled with the direction of the company after number crunching their 2010 financial statement.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Graybar (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

Process was easy, but I had to chase down the Director to get him to return my calls. Interviewing was easy, and the on boarding was smooth. Hiring process didn't take long either. I was surprised how quickly it went once it started.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Graybar (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was told there was on the job training for a Collections Assistant. The training was pretty much like OJT. They said they had a fast paced office and had some training for 4 weeks but expected me to take over in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How soon could you be ready to take over the job from a person who was promoted?   1 Answer

Collections Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers. They kept hyping up the profit sharing to detract from the extremely low pay. The managers seemed ill-prepared for the interview. Thew whole process lasted less than 30 mins.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lithia Springs, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graybar (Lithia Springs, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

They we’re worked diligently to find me a place of employment close to home not strenuous good benefits if hired on permanent they gave options of different types of jobs to pick from

Interview Questions

• What type of employment am I seeking?   1 Answer
    • Are you good with your hands?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Graybar (Diamond Bar, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call from a manager left me a message. I called them back no return call. Very unprofessional and seems that turnover is high Do not waste your time with this company!