Great Place To Work Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Place To Work Interview Questions

2.6

Communications/PR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Great Place To Work (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was long and involved talking to many members of the communications team, the hiring manager and HR. There were multiple on site visits to complete these interview sessions.

I had to follow up multiple times after each interview throughout the 4 month process and should have trusted my gut that they were giving me the run around.

Business Development Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Place To Work.

Interview

First call was positive and got a second interview. Second interview went ok. General questions, pretty typical. Was told I would hear back one way or another. Never did even though I followed up twice.
    Very unprofessional for a leading company that is training to make company's great places to work. Disappointing for who they claim to be.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question. How did you deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Place To Work in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with head of HR, in-dpeth interview with Head of Consulting over the phone, in person interview at their offices. During in person interview did a sort of informational/casual interview with 3-4 people in sales, operations, etc. Then presented to about 7 people. During this session I was asked questions by the group and got to ask questions of them as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with ta senior management team that was unhappy with the relationship and service from Great Place to Work. They have expressed a desire to stop working with the organization and you are meeting with them in two days. (I'm paraphrasing.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Place To Work.

Interview

I met with two managers of the company and was hired for the summer, it took a few weeks.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great Place To Work.

Interview

I had a more realistic review of the interview but Glassdoor made me change it to meet their biased guidelines, here goes: As a trained Behavior Analyst, I could tell the person I was interviewing with was agitated at the very beginning of the Skype interview. After giving the high level of my background at the interviewer's request, she told me, 10 minutes into the interview, that it appeared I "lacked self-direction." Wow. I have been called a lot of things (over-achiever, go-getter, etc.), but NEVER "lacking self-direction." The interviewer did not have any decent interview questions prepared nor did she have an understanding of what makes a good interview. It was not engaging at all. Re process, they move at a snail's pace.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any good, unexpected or difficult questions. There wasn't even a good conversation.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great Place To Work in January 2014.

Interview

Applied via college recruiting - recruiter reached out and got me in touch with the hiring manager. Conversations went very well. Had a group interview with other team members that went fine too. They were very upfront about the amount of work the job required, all their employees were over capacity and that wasn't going to change for a while.

Interview Questions

• Everything was behavioral. They were looking for cultural fit more than anything else.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

(Total of 4 interviews with Great Place To Work - 2 one-on-one conversations and 2 group interviews)

Contacted by recruiting firm on behalf of Great Place to Work - they took lot of info from me but didn't have good familiarity with the company or role. They portrayed role as "easy."

Initial comms with actual company was with hiring manager (AVP) who was late to call but apologetic. I'd asked about growth objectives, etc. and she sent me their financial statements as a follow-up to our call!!!! This was highly unusual and probably not something she should have done. There's no question I deleted the email with attachments etc but I questioned her maturity after she did that. (Turns out I should have questioned it more than I did!)

Next was group interview in NY office - for which I was asked to prepare presentation that I was unable to finish because EVP interrupted interview process to take the room we were using. Moving rooms interrupted interview for about 10-15 minutes and then we were moved to cramped office where 1 of employees sat on an exercise ball because of lack of chairs (?). Bit odd. But people were very nice, friendly and positive about their work. They scheduled back-to-back interviews with another candidate, who I ran into on my way out. Thought it was in poor form to not allow 30 minutes between end of 1 and start of another to avoid that kind of awkwardness - it's what I've seen done in most other companies. What if I'd known him? What if I was in a confidential interview process and didn't want anyone else to know? It was unprofessional and showed lack of experience in the big leagues.

Next was follow on group interview via video conference with 2 employees who couldn't participate in 1st group interview - again very nice, answered all my questions, very friendly.

Final was one-on-one with hiring manager (AVP), who was again late to the call (she said because she was on the phone with the CEO of a major industrial company - I have no way of knowing if this was true). But she was apologetic (again) and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I didn't find any of the questions difficult or unexpected - in fact, they barely asked me about my past experiences or career objectives. They did a Strengths Finder assessment (quick and easy, interesting results that can be useful to you in general), and they had a 'case study' for which one needs to prepare a presentation (this was the one I wasn't able to finish presenting in the interview because of the interruption).   Answer Question

Negotiation

All offer discussions were through recruiting firm. Their compensation practices aren't competitive with the broader management consulting marketplace (this was made clear to me upfront) so be prepared for much lower salaries than what you might be expecting.

Head of Consultancy/Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Great Place To Work (London, England (UK)).

Interview

telephone screen followed by 1:1/group interviews with CEO and other senior members of the team (other consultants, Head of Sales etc.). Presentation of how I would analyse and present back some client data. Nice people!

Interview Questions

• How do you see the industry evolving? Describe the competition. What are your perceptions of GPTW?   1 Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Interview

First interview with head of the department. Discussed about the vision of the company in the next few years and he asked what I did previously and what qualities I can bring to the company.
    Second interview with managing director, repeated question in the first round. They invited me back for another interview and rejected because I got an offer from somewhere else.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Place To Work (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Hiring process started with the aptitude test followed by Group Discussion. The topic was general. mostly the recent events happening around the world. Then personal interview. The interview was very general. no technical questions were asked.