Greater Than One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greater Than One (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

This was the most demoralizing experience I have ever encounter professionally!

I went in for an interview everything seemed OK, controller ask a few scripted questions. No real follow conversation about the company or any ice breakers just right to the questions. Odd but nevertheless an easy interview.
    The entire process took 3 weeks (very slow responses)! I was presented with an offer, when I tried to negotiate the offer I was met with resentment from the controller, who then later retracted the offer. I invested 3 weeks, was very excited about the opportunity, only to be dismissed with no courtesy explanation as to the reason for the retraction. No one reached out to me, not even Human Resources with an apology or explanation. I did absolutely nothing wrong except try to negotiate an offer that was presented, a very common practice in today’s professional world. I did not demand anything I simply politely just asked if it was possible. So overall what I took away from this process & experience was if you fight for what you're worth & if they don't agree they will simply dismiss you & move on to the next person. This is a clear indication from the beginning that this company or maybe the finance department doesn’t value candidates or what they can contribute to the company. With this approach, they will miss out on great talent due to lack compassion & egotistical attitude. This may quite possibly be indicative of the culture of the company, I’m not sure & I will never know.

So, potential candidates FIGHT for what you’re WORTH don’t be intimidated, you belong at a company who values & respect your efforts in achieving that! Not one who that will shut you down!

I have to say I was very surprised that I was be treated this way, as it was inconsistent with the message of the company & the CEO’s “helping others” values. I expected a more compassionate group of people, precisely what attracted me to the company in the first place—when I read that the CEO allowed employees to volunteer at their charity of choice, I thought what a lovely and noble idea— but instead very an insensitive management team. I was very disappointed to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult situations in the workplace?   Answer Question

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greater Than One in January 2017.

Interview

Had a great conversation on the phone with Christine, and she invited me into the office. Met with the team in NY and the team in SF over video call, thought everything went very well. Followed up twice and 0 responses from them.

Interview Questions

Greater Than One Response

May 19, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Assuming since this writing, we did not hire you nor given you the reason for why that was so, we should have, and we appreciate you letting us know. Thank you.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greater Than One (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

They asked about your experience, what your role will be there and talked about the company and talked about they got their jobs. The other assistant was very honest about her experience there and what to expect. She explained its a great job to get your feet wet but the field is not the best.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Greater Than One (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Generally easy with mostly behavioral questions. Why do you want to work here and things of that nature. They are just trying to get to know you and to see if you would be a good fit for the company. They care about fit.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greater Than One.

Interview

I was referred through a friend and I went through a series of in-person and phone interviews. Interviews didn't take too long but they took some time to get back to me with a final answer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple. Just had to explain why I was interested in marketing and data analytics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate a higher salary if you have the qualifications.

Stooge, Overall Lampost Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greater Than One (New York, NY).

Interview

arrived at their offices, very circumspect, of course, as per usual, the interviewer was late. And exercise in passive aggressiveness and incompetence that was just oozing from their pores. Two of the least likely to succeed people you are ever bound to meet

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greater Than One (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews with future teammates and manager. Unfortunately, the manager who hired me left two weeks after my start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Managed by a recruiter

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greater Than One (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

I met with a number of people from the company and spent 45-60 minutes answering questions about my experience and how I would handle various scenarios. They seemed very interested. I e-mailed the direct manager to thank her for the interview. I never heard anything back.