Green Mountain Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Green Mountain Energy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2017

1.8

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and resume then had a phone interview and in person interview with two employees. They asked very traditional sales interview questions (what does customer service mean to you? How do you deal with rejection? What motivates you?) and offered me a job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Interview

It was brief and straight forward and i answered everything honestly and to the best of my knowledge.. I really had a lil experience with door-to-door sales for energy assistance with Constellation energy services.. I was a lil nervous at 1st just as any orher interviewing process, but as the interview went on i felt more comfortable and i knew then on the interviewer and i was in the same page and i felt i had the job before the gentleman told me i had the job.

Interview Questions

• How reliable can i be to make it there on time daily   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First received an phone interview then a couple weeks later I would meet for a 1-on-1 interview. The interviewer gave me a good amount of time to allow me to focus on my studies in college and both agreed once I was close to graduating. The interview itself was very causal and nothing difficult. Half of the interview time I was asking about the company background and how they run their business so it's important to do a decent amount of research on reusable energy and the company. Overall, the interview went well and it was very causal and I had a great experiences talking to the interview. Would recommend

Interview Questions

• Transportation (Do you have a car? How do you get around from locations?)   Answer Question
    • How well do you work with teams? How would you respond or react if one member of the team isn't meeting the quality of work?   1 Answer
    • What is reusable energy?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and a resume on their online job application website and had a phone interview and then one face to face.

The interviews were fairly straightforward with no extremely difficult or convoluted questions. Overall it was a positive process but any job interview is going to be at least a little bit stressful.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection ( referring to my not being able to have 100% success rate with sales)?

What is renewable energy?

What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cornwall, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy (Cornwall, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple- conversation with another sales agent in the field, and then I was recommended to "officially" apply by sending in my resume. People are hired based on their understanding and passion for the project, and their ability to communicate with potential customers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were less about my background and more about my ability to communicate the product with potential customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Customer Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy.

Interview

They did not tell me before the interview that I would be going door-to-door (yes, residentially) to sign people up to change their electricity to wind-powered. Nor did they tell me it was commission-only. "Customer care" is a misnomer for the actual job responsibilities. I also question whether giving people cash bonuses (not a check) if above board. You still have to pay taxes on it legally! And of course there are no benefits.

Interview Questions

• If I can start the next day. Even though I said the job wasn't for me, I need a base salary and insurance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and schedule my interview for the next day. The person who interviewed me did not ask me my name; so make you're the type of person who can speak up for themselves. There was a small group interview when the interviewer explained what the company did and our role would be. When you arrive you will have to fill out a paper application. Don't be nervous about the process it was easy.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Are you okay working on commission?
      Are you looking for part-time or full-time?   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Semi-formal. Job position, pay structure, personal goals/styles, role play, job offer. Very simple process, to the point, friendly. This interview process was very similar to how the company, or this branch at minimum, is run.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy (Phila, PA).

Interview

Very casual. They look over your resume with you and go through the basics. The interviewer was unfocused and distracted but definitely nice. Pretty much he just wanted to get a feel of the type of person you are and if you could deal with people constantly ignoring or rejecting you.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Green Mountain Energy (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview and hiring was done all at once. It seems that if you did well during the interview you'd get an offer that day. Should be prepared to answer questions about the company and show research you did.

Interview Questions

• There was a mock sales situation where he was the customer and I was attempting to sell him on a renewable energy plan.   Answer Question