Green River College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Green River College

2.8

IT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Green River College (Auburn, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview questions range from trivial to complex scenario based and finally to high level technical questions. You have to be prepared to answer questions of different working scenarios and the decisions you decided to take.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario where you were given an assignment with a team mate and your team mate failed to deliver. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary levels

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Green River College (Auburn, WA).

Interview

She asked some basic math problems to solve. It's not that hard.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Green River College (Auburn, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in person. I talked to the supervisor who was a Math instructor at Green River. She scheduled an interview within a week. Interview was easy, mostly tested your knowledge on math, and explaining skills

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green River College (Auburn, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job online. Was called in for a first interview. A week later they called me in for a second interview. And then they called a day later to let me know they want me to start ASAP.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle yourself under pressure?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green River College in July 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews; the first interview had a panel with about 4 members and the second interview was with the Director and President of the division. During the first interview, I received a phone call about a month after applying and was asked to come in for an interview. At that interview, it was held in a small conference room and I sat across from the panel. They handed me a paper with a list of questions and said I could review the questions before getting started and then they just went down the line of questions; each alternating in asking me the questions.

The second interview was pretty laid back and was just a casual interview with the Director and President of the department and they asked me where I see myself in 5 years, why I wanted to work for that department, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain your enthusiasm from student one to student 100.   1 Answer

IT Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Green River College (Auburn, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I attended a scheduled meeting with the person who would be my supervisor during employment. My employee referral acted as a liason and this greatly increased the casual feeling of the introductions. We knew ahead of time that this would be a limited duration employment. The interview was held in a private area, and problems were asked and discussed on paper, though a whiteboard was available should I have chosen to use it.

Interview Questions

• Types of joins in SQL, Programming languages known, how to write an algorithm in a given language   Answer Question

Adjunct Librarian At Holman Library Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Green River College (Auburn, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I taught a short mock information literacy session, and answered lots of standard questions about my experience working with students and faculty, as well as how I work with diverse populations. They were one of the few places I've interviewed with who gave me a copy of the questions, which is such a nice thing to do. It was actually a pretty good experience, as far as interviews go. All of the interviewers seemed very pleasant, and I thought I presented myself reasonably well. I left the interview feeling very positive.

However, after all of that rushed preparation and stress (the turnaround between being offered an interview and doing it was less than a week), as well as a lot of travel to get there, I was never contacted about their decision, even after checking in a month later by email. It was random chance that I happen to be friends with one of the two individuals who did get the position, so I know how things turned out. To me, that lack of even a brief form email letting me know I wasn't hired seems exceptionally rude and disrespectful of my time. I hope that whatever happened there was an error of some kind and not their usual policy.

Interview Questions

• What part of this position are you most nervous about, and how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Green River College in November 2017.

Interview

Group interviews including some questions and a written test regarding filing but the written test wouldn't affect the result. Sometimes the applicants took turns to answer the questions or they'll allow the applicants to volunteers.