Greenplum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greenplum Interview Questions

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greenplum (San Mateo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied through the company's website. The recruiter got back to me a week later and had a screening phone interview with me. I then had an hour long phone interview with a data scientist on the team. A few weeks later I was sent an exercise/skill test to complete in 24 hours. They invited me for an on-site interview a week later in San Mateo. It consisted of four 1-1s and a presentation. The recruiter got back to me three weeks after the on-site interview.

Pros: -Data Scientists on the team are very knowledgable and nice.
    -I learned a lot from the interviews. They gave me a lot of insights.
    -They work on exciting projects.
    -Nice cafeteria

Cons: -The company had poor management and organization skills.
    -The person who interviewed me was changed at the last minute.
    -The recruiter accidentally sent me a rejection email.
    -The hiring manager I was scheduled to talk to was in a meeting and I didn't end up talking to her.
    -The room that I was supposed to give a presentation was occupied.
    -I had lunch with the employees and it seemed like there was a lot of politics/awkwardness between departments.
    -No responses or updates for three weeks despite my follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• A project where I have extracted useful information from a large data set. What machine learning algorithm did I use, and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe in details my MS thesis.   Answer Question
    • Given a particular data set, suggest three algorithms, one regression, one clustering, one classification.   Answer Question

Database QA Engineer Co Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenplum (San Mateo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Connected via HR. Telephonic interview was general. QA Manager asked basic SQL. Onsite interview was 4-5 hours. Thorough questions on database understanding. Checked coding capacity but not in too much depth. Test cases are vital

Interview Questions

• SQL Queries, Project using Hadoop and python code review   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenplum (San Mateo, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Worked with an internal recruiter. I had one round of phone interviews and then a full day of in-person interviews and was then offered the job. Overall, a very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty annoying given that the recruiting manager was so far removed from reality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greenplum (San Mateo, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

one phone, then a coding test via email. Then onsite with upto 6 one on one. Mostly coding question. each one of them had more than one puzzle and each interview lasted 45 mins

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Greenplum (San Mateo, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Laid back, tested all areas of knowledge

Interview Questions

• What brand do you look up to?   1 Answer

Support Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Greenplum (San Mateo, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

long and drawn out - it was like a popularity contest

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none - salary was offered and it was stated that and i needed a job so i took what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greenplum (San Mateo, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was phone screened by one of the managers and asked a couple of high-level questions regarding technical background and experience. Then we arranged a test a couple days in the future, where they would send my a coding problem and I would send a solution back within one hour.

Software Engineer Text Analytics Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenplum in March 2012.

Interview

The HR took over a week to setup behavioral interview. Behavioral interview was done by a project manager to gauge my interest in Natural Language Processing.
    After the interview I was told I will have a technical interview. I was even told the interviewer's name, but I didn't hear from the company since. It was really unprofessional of them.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenplum in February 2012.

Interview

About a week after I applied online, the HR phone interviewed me. It last about half an hour. Questions focus on behavior and also asked how proficient in SAS, R, SQL and Hadoop.

Then the next day HR emailed me to set up another phone interview with a senior data scientist in the team. She asked a few statistics and modeling questions and let me describe one of my projects in the resume. All are average questions but I did not answer well since I'm not prepared. No response after that.

Interview Questions

• If for a company, employees are leaving. What variables should we include in the model to predict who are going to leave?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenplum in January 2012.

Interview

asked many db internal problems