Greenspire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Greenspire

2.2

Solar Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenspire (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very pleasant just to get to know a bit about the company and to meet the people that work there. Got to get a feel of their motivation for working at their job.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a team-setting?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very accommodating. I enjoyed chatting with Dahlia. The environment and the people who work there are also very friendly, welcoming and fresh. I was invited for a second interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greenspire (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Not too difficult, but they definitely made me work for it. If they just hired anyone off the street, that would have turned me off, so I'm glad it wasn't too easy. They're really looking for people who can develop and grow with them- makes sense since it's a growing company. The staff was very friendly and professional. They have good people representing the company, which was what really made me want to be part of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to help the company keep growing?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greenspire (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at the office on the westside. The interview process was pretty streamlined. Everyone was friendly, but you could tell they meant business. They explained a lot about the day-to-day duties, but also how it applied to the growth. I met with 2 people on 2 different interviews. Both were pleasant to talk to. I felt like they just wanted to have a conversation and get to know me rather than just drilling me with questions. I don't particularly like going on interviews, but that's because I've had a couple bad experiences with rude interviewers. These guys were different. I work here now, so I guess that fact kind of speaks for itself.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you believe make someone a good manager?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenspire (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to two positions after seeing high rating reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed. 2 hours after I submitted my applications online, I received two phone calls from two recruiters at different locations sending me to the West LA location for interviews. Having two recruiters contacting me gave me the idea that this company was not very organized and lacked some communication, but I could've been wrong. They seemed very eager for me to go in for their on-site interview. Their West LA location does not offer or validate parking so I had to arrive early to find street parking.

When I sat down for the interview, I realized the interviewer did not know what positions I had applied to. Then it occurred to me that positions did not even matter because the interviewer said everyone starts as a door-to-door sales. He barely asked me any questions about myself, but talked a lot about the history of their company and what they do. He kept emphasizing that all the managers and directors from Greenspire were doing door-to-door sales just a month or two ago.

I read all of the reviews on Glassdoor and Yelp before coming in for the interview. Glassdoor reviews talks more about the "inside" of Greenspire while Yelp represents the company's customer services and their "outside" reputation. I have to say, the reviews from both sites are very different and everyone should read these sites to get to know more about Greenspire. It also concerns me that Greenspire replies to negative comments online saying that these reviewers are from competitors and are posting fake reviews. Moreover, Greenspire uses the names and locations of Yelp users to check if their profiles are in their system to determine if the Yelpers are writing fake reviews. This all sounds pretty absurd to me because people can move around and not change their Yelp locations, which is true in my case. Also, not everyone who writes a negative review is from a "competitor."

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Greenspire (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I could tell that these guys didn't give a crap about the position when I was greeted by a spiky haired kid with earrings who didn't even have my resume. The whole company seems like a scam. I'm a professional marketer with a degree and years of experience running an agency, I should have known better.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with direct marketing?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greenspire (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I really liked the interview process. It was short and sweet, but very informative. Instead of beating around the bush and asking a million questions about a job I had 10 years ago, they focused more on getting to know me. I could tell they were asking questions to feel out my personality, what my motivations were, etc. This put me more at ease because I enjoy talking to people, but didn't have experience with green energy and was worried that would disqualify me right away.

Interview Questions

• When training other people, how are you able to adapt to the various ways different people pick up on information?   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greenspire (Beverly Hills, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

interview process was pretty good, if they like you on the first interview then they put you through a second one. The second one is pretty informative about the company and their mission. the mission is good and we help a lot of people get their bills lowered. interview process i would say was good

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for greenspire?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenspire (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I am still in the interview process. But so far it has been one of the best interviewing experiences I have had, thus so far. I'm waiting to hear about a third interview, but the interviewers I have had weren't uptight corporate snobs, they were very nice and down to earth. Everyone I have interviewed with seems to love their job, because they are doing something that makes them happy. The work environment seems busy, but laid back. They even allowed me to choose a position to interview for due to my experience.

Interview Questions

Greenspire Response

Sep 8, 2015 – General Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to relay this information to our Human Resources Team. Thank you for taking the time to meet with us and hopefully we will be meeting again soon!

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenspire (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round Interviewed with HR. Then moved interview with the controller. The first interview was generic, common interview questions. The second interview is more of learning about what is the job and responsibility about.