Grey Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grey Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online in August and a recruiter emailed me in mid-September to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very brief about my most recent internship experience, why Grey, and an advertising campaign i particularly liked. She informed me that she would be submitting my resume for open positions and 2 weeks later she contacted me to come in to interview with a team. After an interview with 2 of the AE's, I was asked to do a writing sample within 48 hours. The writing sample was relatively straight forward just to see how I thought. I then came in an interviewed with the Account Director and was told I would hear a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why Grey?
      Why advertising?
      Why this specific account?
      What campaigns do you like (Grey and not Grey)?
      My experience.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone conversation for about 30 minutes. I described my past experiences and why I felt that Grey Group was a right fit for me. There was a brief explanation of what I would be doing and then I was asked if I would be interested in interning. I was then told there were no positions available right now for Account Executive but that I would be informed if any openings arose.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Account Executive is a job you would want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY).

Interview

A referral got me a phone interview. I then was scheduled for an in person interview and then a second one after the first. The interviews themselves went fine, and went far but after getting to a certain point for 3 different accounts I was never offered the positions even though I was contacted to come in for the various positions multiple times. After the first in person interview for the 3rd account, HR stopped emailing back, which I found to be very rude as I had been in contact with them for a long time.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Process took 6+ weeks. Applied online through their career site. Got an email asking for a phone interview the following week. Planned the phone interview for a couple of days later. They call exactly on the time planned so make sure you are ready to pick up. Went great, they call to get an overall feel of your personality. Was asked on the same phone call to come in for the first interview. First interview met with the women on the phone from HR and another HR staff member. I was told by the other member that this is the not the position for me and I should be looking for something else. I left automatically assuming there was no way I was moving forward in the process. 3 weeks later, I was shocked to be coming back for the next step of interviewing. This time, met with Office Services. 3 on 1 interview. Felt much more comfortable and relaxed. The ladies explained the basic idea of the job and asked if I was able to fulfill the role. Also met with who would be my supervisor, and one of the team members that has been there the longest in the same role. Everything went very smooth, and I was happy with how I did. 3 weeks pass by, nothing. Until, I received an email from HR. Email was to "check up" and let me know that after the Monday holiday, I should be hearing back. The weekend, Monday holiday and the rest of the week passes by. It is not until the week AFTER, that I get an email saying the bad news.

I wish they didn't even bother sending the check up email. Felt very roped into the role for them to only "pull the carpet from under my feet" at the last possible second. There is nothing I could of done more to prepare for the interviews. I know I "performed" the very best for my interviews. So yea, good luck.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview

It was quick and painless. They were very nice to deal with and were open to reaching out if you had any questions. They provide you with someone to work with to get all your paperwork done before start date. Orientation is great too, don't miss it!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very good. The HR person meets you in the lobby and brings you to the interview room. Then they ask you basic questions to get you talking. However, they are not a part of the interview. The people or person will come into the room at some point and begin speaking with you.

Interview Questions

• Why advertising and why Grey?   1 Answer

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with two team members and future supervisor, one final phone interview with higher up supervisor. Sometimes they make Account Supervisors do a presentation as well, though I did not have to do that.

Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grey Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR
    2 rounds of interviews with 4 teammates
    They look for an ad ops ninja who understands ad servers, tags, etc. Also someone who is capable of working alone.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced with research platforms such as VIQ?   Answer Question

Associate Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR a couple weeks later. I interviewed with 3 people through skype (one each week) and I was offered a position soon there after. Total process took 5 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

Interview

I submitted a resume online and filled out an application. Shortly after a recruiter emailed me. She was very friendly and explained the process thoroughly. She followed up and told me about opportunities and I interviewed with the account team. Two weeks later I received an offer