Grey Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial interview call was extremely straightforward. Prepare for hypothetical situations and how you would respond

Interview Questions

• What role does the community manage play in the social media marketing mix.   Answer Question

Junior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

It was a casual experience. I was interviewed by two heads of the departments. It continued mostly as a conversation, with limited direct questions. We discussed ad campaigns from all over the world, favorite brands, global experiences, past work history, and more. They were very open to my questions and we all ended up getting wrapped up in conversation once again.
    After the interview, I had some back and forth follow up.
    Unfortunately, the position was put on hold shortly after the new year.

Upon stepping off the elevator I was blown away by the beauty and size of the agency. I loved the energy, and immediately hoped to work there.

Interview Questions

• What brand do you feel has best figured out it's core message and how to most effectively communicate it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview

It was quick and painless. They were very nice to deal with and were open to reaching out if you had any questions. They provide you with someone to work with to get all your paperwork done before start date. Orientation is great too, don't miss it!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied to an analyst position posted on linkedin.com and was contacted the following day by HR to come in for an interview. I had a pleasant, encouraging conversation with the HR manager. She contacted me shortly after our meeting to schedule an interview with the hiring manager for the following week. I arrived for my interview feeling optimistic...

The hiring manager was late and looked to be in an incredibly sour mood. He didn't have the decency to reserve a conference room for our interview. Within a minute or two of sitting down, it was clear he hadn't reviewed my resume prior to meeting me. I felt like an idiot talking about myself while he scrutinized my resume instead of listening to me. He was obnoxious enough to tell me I had no experience for the job. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to him before he ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (while he read my resume for the first time)   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with Janene Jones who was wearing sneakers and a more casual outfit than most others, she was nice overall, but began critiquing my work before I was able to finish a sentence. There was more attitude than I expected from an adult towards a student fresh out of school. She had awful communication and never responded to an email I sent, but had her co-worker Anna Brown send all emails. I was informed of having an answer within the next 2 days but it took 2 weeks, which lead me to say decline. Poor communication in the HR department is a huge turn off for me – I also heard they often let people go then hire them back soon after.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this design?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

the interviewer was ver y distracted and kept looking at his cell phone throughout the interview. His secretary kept coming in with papers and he didn't seem interested in the interview at all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online initially and had a preliminary interview with HR over the phone. She asked about my experience and why I want to work at Grey and what particular accounts interested me. She then told me which accounts were hiring and assigned me to interview in person with one of the accounts. I then went in to the offices and had two rounds of in person interviews. One was with the EVP of the account and the other was with a more junior executive. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What brands do you think are doing good creative work?
      Why do you want to work on this particular account?
      Why do you want to work in account management?
      What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Emailed the head recruiter who I knew through my previous internship, who then connected me to the talent coordinator. Was brought in for an informal role about the position, a role that would come up if they won a new business pitch.

Then I met with the VP who was leading the business pitch. She was really great but grilled me on multiple questions to see how I thought on the spot.

Then I had to write a sample and submit within 24 hours to show how good I am meeting deadlines.

Interview Questions

• What work environment do you thrive in best?
      What brands do a good job of appealing to a younger demographic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very good. The HR person meets you in the lobby and brings you to the interview room. Then they ask you basic questions to get you talking. However, they are not a part of the interview. The people or person will come into the room at some point and begin speaking with you.

Interview Questions

• Why advertising and why Grey?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY).

Interview

A referral got me a phone interview. I then was scheduled for an in person interview and then a second one after the first. The interviews themselves went fine, and went far but after getting to a certain point for 3 different accounts I was never offered the positions even though I was contacted to come in for the various positions multiple times. After the first in person interview for the 3rd account, HR stopped emailing back, which I found to be very rude as I had been in contact with them for a long time.