Grey Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.7

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with two team members and future supervisor, one final phone interview with higher up supervisor. Sometimes they make Account Supervisors do a presentation as well, though I did not have to do that.

Associate Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR a couple weeks later. I interviewed with 3 people through skype (one each week) and I was offered a position soon there after. Total process took 5 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

Interview

I submitted a resume online and filled out an application. Shortly after a recruiter emailed me. She was very friendly and explained the process thoroughly. She followed up and told me about opportunities and I interviewed with the account team. Two weeks later I received an offer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief telephone conversation with HR. Later received an email inviting me to a F2F interview. I met with the same 2 HR associates, it was a bit uncomfortable because I was in my interview suit and they were both very casual and im not sure if that had an impact on their perception. Although they were very casual, including jeans with holes, no judgement on my behalf because it is a very casual workplace. This interview was preliminary and the 2 HR assoc would decide which candidates to pass on to the next level. I am a 45+ and they were probably late 30's, so that always come into question with me because unfortunately there is widespread age discrimination especially with "young" companies that boasts a "young" culture. Anyways, the interview was quite brief, 1 HR assoc asked all the questions and the other did not, she simply stared off into space and when asked if she had a question for me she simply shook her head no. It took me longer to get dressed than the actual interview. So no surprise that 3 weeks later, no response.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Emailed the head recruiter who I knew through my previous internship, who then connected me to the talent coordinator. Was brought in for an informal role about the position, a role that would come up if they won a new business pitch.

Then I met with the VP who was leading the business pitch. She was really great but grilled me on multiple questions to see how I thought on the spot.

Then I had to write a sample and submit within 24 hours to show how good I am meeting deadlines.

Interview Questions

• What work environment do you thrive in best?
      What brands do a good job of appealing to a younger demographic?
      Answer Question

Activation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was short and sweet. I received a very pleasant tour and overview of the company from the junior creative recruiter. I got to see projects that were in the works. The headquarters is very impressive. I love the look of the interior space. Sadly, the creative director for the activation team was called off-site just before my interview, but I still the experience was still worthwhile.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall, expected initial review process. Leadership team talks about the account, asks basic background about your career and if you "click" you will be brought back for a strategic-based presentation as a final step.

Interview Questions

• why are you looking to leave your current place of employment?   1 Answer

Group Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grey Group in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very nice and informative. I had submitted my resume to through the Grey website and received an email from Talent Acquisition the next day to schedule a brief phone interview. During the phone interview, it was brief and informative and I was able to give the basics of my current job and skillset. They wanted to arrange a time to meet in person. I meet with them earlier the following week. I had spoken to two talent acquisition members as they informed me on what the role was and the culture of the company. They had asked me a few questions about my skills and what my expectations were within a company. The environment felt friendly and very optimistic. Upon leaving, I had spoken they had mentioned arranging a time to meet with department team and mentioned that this may take a while due to scheduling. I believe the interview process was polite and informative and encouraging. If given the opportunity I would love to work with Grey if offered the position.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First I had a Phone Interview with a recruiter. Then I went in for an in-person interview with 2 employees who were higher up. A bit too in-depth of an interview for just a recptionist position. Also made it pretty clear that you're stuck in that role for 12-18 months before moving up.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied, got an email a day or two later for a phone screen. Quick easy phone screen at the end of that week. Came in the next week for an in-person interview, greeted by the girl who did the phone screening, then met with 2 other employees. Pretty lengthy for an interview they summed up by asking if I "was the person who is ALWAYS on time/early to things" and made it clear that its the only thing that matters re: this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who is always on time or sometimes late?   Answer Question