Grocery Outlet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Emeryville, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Super friendly people and VERY professional. You get the feeling right away that people really enjoy working here and are proud of their brand. The building is bright and open, they have a gym, ping pong, air hockey and a well stocked kitchen and yoga classes. It has a bit of a start up feel which is pretty incredible for a 70 year old company!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Quite friendly. I had two interviewers. They described the history of the company and what the job duties were. What they expected of you and took me on a tour around the office. Very polite and were able to answer any questions I had. Gave me all the info I needed, from what my duties would be and the normal work schedule. Wrapped up with letting me know when I will receive a response.

Interview Questions

• Asked about background experiences and just a few questions about why you want the job and how your past experience would fit the position. Why you chose to apply for the position.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Corvallis, OR) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview was basicly the employer reading my application to me and looking for ways to relate to me via the information on it. It was sad on how simple it was; all that was needed was to make the employer feel like they could relate to me and if my personality would get along with theirs.
    The hiring process was me getting clothing, being told where what things were, and a brief how-to with the cash register and other job duties.

Interview Questions

• What were you paid at Fred Meyers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations allowed.

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oroville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Oroville, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I sat in a room with two managers and we talked. They asked some questions regarding work history and what I think I could accomplish there, then we laughed at life experiences.

Interview Questions

• What position? What was my experience. Was I willing to work weekends and holidays. Typical questions.   1 Answer

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Emeryville, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn, the process took 4 weeks (because of scheduling, not because of a lack of communication). I was very impressed with Grocery Outlet's HR team, they were quick to follow-up and were very transparent and helpful throughout the entire process.

First, there was a phone call with HR; then I was brought in for a three rounds of interviews with various employees the position would be closely working with; and a final interview with three rounds of cross-functional team members. The people were excellent, very smart and you could tell they loved being at this company.

Interview Questions

• Personality/Fit questions that were based on your work history.   Answer Question

Bookkeepper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Kennewick, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Many questions, nice people, good environment, gentle position. The interview was easy for me because I have read about the function, and about the position. I have experience in the field.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Emeryville, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter (April 2016), I had two separate phone interviews one with HR the other with the hiring manager. Questions were straight forward, information regarding my background etc. I was then invited to HQ for a 2-3 hour interview with HR, hiring manager, and VP of sales. Everyone was very polite and inviting, the interview style was conversational. Overall, it was a good experience. Except, I never received any follow up response from the recruiter after two separate attempts. Basically, not hearing anything after a month you can assume they are not interested.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet.

Interview

Great process but lengthy. They want to make sure they find the right fit. There is alot of people involved, store visits, behavioral profile assessments. They really want to make sure you are the right fit for the culture and the team. Collaboration is important.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (McMinnville, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Weird, and invasive.. irrelevant to job title, lots of personal questions, that they had no real business asking. It was the most strange and uncomfortable interview i've had to date.

Interview Questions

• Random things pertaining to personal life and whether or not it would interfere with work..   1 Answer

Grocery Outlet Response

Apr 7, 2016 – VP Human Resources

thanks for posting. I'll forward your comments to our independent store owner in OR

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chehalis, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Chehalis, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Laid back, friendly, they showed genuine interest in my personality and interests. They check character, rather than check off a long list, because G.O. believes you don't have to have a history in the field to have a future in the field. If your character fits, you're qualified.

Interview Questions

• We want you to come up with three questions, any questions. Ask at any time through the interview.   1 Answer
    • Are you family-oriented?   1 Answer
    • Do you know much about the company history?   1 Answer
    • We noticed _______ on your resume. Can you tell us more about ________?   Answer Question
    • They asked about my family, how we are, and how it's shaped me.   Answer Question