Guest Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guest Services (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was easy. Talk to the general manager about your current or last job & what work is performed. Also while talking, you are filling out paperwork. If you have experience in whatever you apply for, you basically got the job. It will be about a month if you are selected for the job because the company perform a background check.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Guest Services.

Interview

The internal recruiter was over 30 minutes for our phone screen. When she finally called, she acted as though nothing happened, and proceeded with a scripted conversation that added absolutely no value. It's sad if that represents them putting their best foot forward at the beginning of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Guest Services?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bear Mountain, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guest Services (Bear Mountain, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was great with day general manager and a woman from HR. They offered me the position, and when I followed up they said that District manager was coming up from Virginia to meet me and two other potential applicants. That was about eight weeks ago. No communication and no call back to me

Interview Questions

• If I would still be working my other job cuz this did not pay well   1 Answer

Certified Nurse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guest Services (Shreveport, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

The questions were straight forward and very easy to answer. The interviewers did not use two step questions. It was I step questions. I felt at ease while in my interview. You probably still need to practice if not use to answering interview questions

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enumclaw, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guest Services (Enumclaw, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

4 step interview process that included travel (2.5 hours) at great distance to location. Both were good interviews yet not very hospitable. Not even a bottled water offered after driving great distance to visit a location. No call back not even an email after inquiring after the 4 interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you support our current growth in the regional   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guest Services.

Interview

Made me feel very comfortable. Questions all straight-forward. Only thing is they were very unsure of pay levels and job title, so it was confusing to me what I was getting hired for and for how much. Held back some info like commission percentages. Decided to have a bit of blind faith, so went for it!

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered a very low figure. I left the interview and they called within 15 minutes offering more in the range of what I was looking for.. did not really negotiate after that point.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Guest Services in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online two months later i recieved an email to come for an interview. During the interview they asked basic question. They liked the fact that i had'nt had any experience in the field since they like to train you the way they want you to work. After the interview i recieved a second email to come for a second interview, i was told to dress in tan/khaki pants and non slip shoes for the second interview also i talked one on one and was asked more detailed scenerio based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guest Services in May 2013.

Interview

Very simple, filled out an application and interviewed on the spot. Had to wait about 4 days for the background check and then started right away with on the job training.

Negotiation

n/a

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Guest Services (Williamsburg, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Very difficult and long process to get in for an interview. Company called and set up one for 1.5 months in future. I actually ended up getting other employment before the interview however I went anyway. I was offered a position but the pay was extremely low compared to other companies. The questions were very old and really did not seem to be just for my position but probably a generic list of questions they ask everyone. Really typical boring questions that if you typed in a google search for worst interview questions these would come up. I would suggest they scrap them all and just talk to people! Ask about their experience and what they want to do in the future. All those other silly questions tell you nothing about a person's abilities for that job.

Interview Questions

• What sets me apart from the many other highly qualified candidates and makes me the right choice for the job.   Answer Question

General Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guest Services (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

I first applied online. A few days later, I received an email from a manager. During the interview, you basically explain your experience & you're told about the gig. (The position was a summer gig)

After the interview, I was told I would be called. Never heard a sound. So much for "Now Hiring".