GuideSpark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GuideSpark Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.9

Revenue Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GuideSpark.

Interview

Applied online with just my resume and I got emailed with a request for a 30 min phone interview. We scheduled the phone interview and a sales manager asked me behavioral questions, mostly to gauge whether I'd be good at sales. They said they'd recommend me for the next steps, but I got an email the next day saying they were going in a different direction. The email communication was overall impersonal and blunt, not a lot of effort to make applicants feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Say we hired you and you worked for a year, how would you evaluate your performance for that year?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your overall educational and work experience.   Answer Question
    • Where does sales fit into your career roadmap?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GuideSpark.

Interview

The interview process took several months with long periods of not hearing back from anyone. There were several phone interviews, 2 skype interviews with 2 people each, and so on. Some interviewers were inexperienced and tried to be intimidating while others clearly wanted the best person for the job. The pro to this process is that the people hired are a good cultural fit, although the turn over is high for this company.

Interview Questions

• During the skills test, there was a 24 hour turn around which was difficult because it was quite long. Unfortunately, there were so many interviews and it was so long ago that I don't remember specific questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GuideSpark.

Interview

It was fairly an easy interview, no surprises in questions. Interviewer can be more courteous during the interview. Treat potential future employees as your customers. I like the company philosophy of helping employers truly engage their employees , some of those practices can be applied in your own hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self . What are your strengths . What is the area of growth.   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GuideSpark (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

quick and efficient interview process that was straight to the point and incredibly informative. Very helpful as a first time interviewer and helped me to understand certain aspects of the business that I was unclear on.

Interview Questions

• what interests you about Guidespark?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GuideSpark (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Initially got in touch with a recruiter after a resume submission on the company website. Interviews:
    1. Phone recruiter screening chat
    2. Phone interview with senior product manager
    3. In-person interview with current product manager, creative director, senior product manager, and co-founder
    4. Short project at home
    5. In-office presentation of short project and final Q&A

Interesting research project. Everyone was extremely friendly. Honest with feedback at the end.

Interview Questions

• What factors do you take into account when determining whether a product should be worked on?   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GuideSpark (Portland, OR).

Interview

The first call I received was less like an interview & more like a detailed review over what the company does & what the position entails. The process felt very rushed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GuideSpark (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had one phone call with head of growth - very good conversation took like 30 min. Ready to hire after first interview, cancelled second interview. I still had more questions and was able to get those answers and have a second call. They sound like a great company where they support their employees.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with criticism?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GuideSpark (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GuideSpark in April 2016
    I had a phone interview and a face to face before having a project assessment assigned. The assignment was not difficult and I completed it quickly. I received an offer but declined after receiving a competitive offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Salary history was asked and then of course if I had any questions for them.   Answer Question

Motion Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GuideSpark in March 2016.

Interview

First, it was a phone interview where I was asked the basic questions like why I wanted to the job. Then, was a design assessment. I turned in my assessment, and in a few days got a rejection letter. Overall the experience itself wasn't bad.

Interview Questions

• What did you make in your previous job and how much are you expecting?   Answer Question

Content Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GuideSpark (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone Screening with the initial recruiter. I then had a second phone screening with a Content Writer. This was followed by a phone screening with a Director. I was then informed that I should be moving to next round. Recruiter left Guidespark and my was paperwork lost.I then followed up over a month. 1 position was filled and received rejection letter. I am sure this was just a small hole in the process, but it did happen.