Gunderson Dettmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gunderson Dettmer (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Gunderson Dettmer contacted my staffing agency in the morning asking if they could set me up for a phone interview that afternoon. I spoke with Kathy about the position and she explained their restructuring of the admin assistants. She was extremely informative and friendly and she asked to set up an in person interview for the following day with a few members of the legal team. About 2 hours before the interview I was contacted and told they had met with a junior candidate in the morning and decided to pursue more experienced applicants. I was disappointed as Gunderson Dettmer seemed like an extremely lively and fast paced environment.

Junior Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gunderson Dettmer in June 2017.

Interview

It was a two round interview, the first one at the recruiter's HQ with who would be my direct supervisor, and the next round was held at their offices. There I interviewed with the CFO, the Controller, and the person who would be my direct supervisor. The first round was very easy going, it felt more like a conversation. The second round was also quite easy going. I was told they were looking to sense personality, which is why many logistical questions weren't asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to overcome adversity to get something done in your workplace?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gunderson Dettmer (New York, NY).

Interview

You go in for an interview and talk to two partners, three attorneys of various seniority, and two paralegals. It's pretty tiring by the end of it, but everyone is very easygoing and kind. Actually, the entire office seems pretty lax and casual. I heard back from the hiring manager the next day, and she was very informative and helpful throughout this process.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gunderson Dettmer (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

standard interview process for a summer associateship -

First screen was 2 lawyers at OCI
    Then a callback with 6-8 mixture of associates and partners
    Lunch with a few different people

They were as concerned with fit as with technical skills
    Seemed to value intelligence, personality, business sense
    High standards for GPA, but they didn't focus on it too much
    Recruiting people were awesome

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gunderson Dettmer in June 2014.

Interview

I received a call to schedule for an interview and was scheduled within a week. I met with the office manager and several attorneys. There was a second round where I met with attorneys that I would potentially be working with. They made their decision very quickly. I would say the whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to to a firm that is new and growing?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gunderson Dettmer (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Professional and friendly put you at ease and treat you as an intelligent human; they ask relevant questions and have you meet with others in your direct department to see how everyone gets along

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?   1 Answer