Guppy Teahouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guppy Teahouse Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guppy Teahouse

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guppy Teahouse.

Interview

Interview was very comfortable and laid-back but still professional. It felt more like a casual conversation than an intimidating interview. There were different people doing individual interviews including a supervisor, the manager, and the CEO.

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guppy Teahouse (Cerritos, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

You have one minute to sell yourself and explain why they should hire you. The interviewer will make it very awkward and try to throw you off. If you maintain composure and don't seem nervous and talk without any idea of what your job function would be, they will dismiss you.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?
      What value can you add to the company?   1 Answer

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guppy Teahouse (Cerritos, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

In person interview with the boss. It was very brief, lasted no more than 10 minutes. Very general questions like why do I want to work here or why should I hire you or what is your favorite menu item. They were desperate to hire at the time so I think unless you're incompetent you would get hired easily. Pretty easy since it's a restaurant, so you don't really have to prepare at all in order to get hired. Having some experience in a restaurant helps though!

Anonymous Employee in Temple City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guppy Teahouse (Temple City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Open Interviews at Temple City Location.

Manager seemed very strict but I was myself and I got the job. It also helps if you have connections. I knew some people who worked here that I could reference.

I recommend focusing on your customer service experience and how you can be a great candidate for this company. The customer really does comes first in this company, even if it comes at the expense of the employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why would you be a good addition to this company?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guppy Teahouse (Cerritos, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I went all the way out to Cerritos for the interview since there was an opening at the Anaheim Guppy House. I arrived early and went inside and one of the waitresses told me to wait outside. As more and more time passed, more and more people came for the interview. Then the waitress came out again and said that the interviewers were running late and to move so that we wouldn't make the restaurant looked crowded. By the time the two interviewers came there was about 40 of us and I guess usually it is a group interview but this time since there were so many of us it was a brief 1 minute interview. He asked two questions and then said that I could go and to send the next person in.

Interview Questions

• You know that working in a restaurant is hard. What made you want to work in the food industry?   Answer Question
    • What is your past working experience?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guppy Teahouse in July 2010.

Interview

It was an open group interview. Everyone who applies, regardless of which branch, interviews at the Cerritos one. It was pretty laid back, and really general questions were asked. The problem was if you were towards the end and someone said what you wanted to say, or worse, if the person right before you said what you wanted to say because then you dont have time to think of something else.