Guru Studio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Guru Studio

2.6

Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. They asked what I could do and I just explained my skillset with reference to my reel. Then we talked about some of the projects that I would be working on if hired. Very comfortable and casual interview.

Interview Questions

• How many other offers do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was notified about the interview via email. The interviewer had a page of questions, around 6-8 questions. Started off by introducing myself, brief run down of education and work experiences. Then he asked behavioural questions and examples of times where you worked in a fast-place environment.

Simple and straight-forward interview. Most of the people are very relaxed and chilled.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if your employer just handed you a ton of work to do, some urgent and some not, on top of the busy workload you already have?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had to work in a fast-paced environment.   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Grilled by a team of people, some of whom were not directly involved in the department I interviewed for. Confusing as to who was actually responsible for the hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• Name the coolest thing you ever worked on.   1 Answer

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a pleasant, casual chat about the production they were looking to hire for and a brief history of my experience and employment. They had taken the time to review my portfolio as a group before hand and had specific questions about some of my past projects.

Interview Questions

• What my software expertise was based on some of my previous projects.   Answer Question

Guru Studio Response

Mar 13, 2018

We’re happy you had a positive and successful interview! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guru Studio.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to come in for an in-person interview.

At my interview, I met with a member of HR and a member of the finance department. Both were very friendly, upbeat, and open about the position. I was called back a few days later for a second interview.

At this second interview I met with another member of HR who was just as friendly and cheerful as the people I had met with previously, and an Executive Assistant who seemed bored, uninterested, and put-upon to have to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult scenario and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Pretty simple really - they want to see if you're who you say you are, clarify some things in your resume and maybe elaborate on some previous jobs and project from your reel, generally just make sure you're a good match for the show they want you for and to see if you're a good personality match for the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you take critical feedback on your work?   1 Answer

3D Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

They really cared to see my personal work, because the production work may have been overly directed and passed through supervisor/art director revisions. Furthermore production work is the result of many people work. I showed raw my own models, without textures if wasn't me to texture, but often people show a final shot, which makes it more difficult to understand how much a person contributed to that final shot.
    They wanted to know what is my personal ability to translating a 2D design to 3D, and the level of technical ability, like topology, workflow etc.

Interview Questions

• Can I see the original art work on which you based your personal models?   1 Answer

Studio Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guru Studio.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed by 3 people in a small room - very uncomfortable. They wanted to make sure, I knew that there was no room for advancement in any othet part of operations.

Surfacing Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Came over to their office and had to fill in a form. Met with the producer and they explained everything very well and made me feel welcome. They even have me a tour of the floor.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with animated TV projects   Answer Question

Assets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very casual interview. HR representative asks pretty basic interview questions and the supervisors of the department you are applying for are in the room as well. Usually starts with a studio tour so you get a feel for the place. Asks if you have any questions about the studio/ position so good idea to have a few of those prepared.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes when it gets to crunch time there are a lot of things to balance, is this something you think you can manage?   Answer Question