H. D. Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H. D. Smith Interview Questions

Interviews at H. D. Smith

2.4

Associate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith.

Interview

Interviewed with H.D. Smith in September for an associate counsel position, and it took them about a month after the interview to let me know that they were going to pursue other candidates. HDS seems like an okay company, but I had a feeling (observational) that racial diversity is not a priority for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online three months ago. Went through initial phone screen, phone interview with VP, and another phone interview with regional mgr. Easy interviews, and they seemed to be interested. Communication ceases unless you put forth the effort. After the first few times it gets old. A simple rejection e-mail would suffice instead of stringing people along.

Anonymous Employee in Central, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Central, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

HR did a great job connecting with me and guiding me through the process. I felt important the entire time. I was also well informed with company information and the "what happens next" conversations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were challenged to do better and didn't succeed. What did you learn from that experience and what changes have you made, since?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith.

Interview

Phone interview with two in person interviews. First in person interview was incredibly short and I asked more questions than those who interviewed me did. They also alluded to my personality test results and appeared to believe they knew who I was before I walked in the door.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H. D. Smith.

Interview

Initial phone screening then in-person interview. Nice enough people and seems like it would be a great company to work for. The process took over a month and felt that I was tugged along for a long time when they were trying to secure someone else.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (New York, NY).

Interview

Getting in contact with anyone is impossible. Was told I'd have my choice in which job I wanted (out of 2) - as well as discussing relocating - after I left the interview I followed up with an e-mail and I never heard from anyone.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen, and primary interview went well. Third and final interview was a waste of time. District Manager was totally unprofessional, and unprepared with some elementary interview questions. I was well prepared with game plan, industry research, and vast company knowledge. Two minutes into the interview, he started looking at his watch. I pressed forward regardless, knowing I would at least get some interview practice. Anyway, no call or email informing me whether I got the job, or not.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

wonderful experience with the whole process. really thought the recruiters did a great job of asking the correct questions and connected with me. they also were very helpful later in the process by checking up on how things were going

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Springfield, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was easy. It took them a long time to get back to me and I had moved on thinking I didn't get the job. But, they were in the midst of a move.

Interview Questions

• What kind of customer experience have you had.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H. D. Smith in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and went through a phone screen everything looking and sounding good. Had a phone interview which had two managers involved which went well and scheduled a face to face interview. However ten I received a text explaining they wanted to cancel and with a email on why. My belief they should have called and done all the interviews before picking a candidate.