H. D. Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H. D. Smith Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith.

Interview

Phone interview with two in person interviews. First in person interview was incredibly short and I asked more questions than those who interviewed me did. They also alluded to my personality test results and appeared to believe they knew who I was before I walked in the door.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith.

Interview

From start to finish, the process was about a month. About a week after I submitted my application, I received my first phone interview and completed a personality evaluation. This was followed by an initial interview with direct supervisors for the position. This lead to a second interview with a corporate level employee. After this interview, I underwent further testing for the position and my references were reviewed. Pretty standard. The staff was very prompt with answering questions and explaining the next steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was strong, so I did not negotiate.

Associate Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Springfield, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview that went well. Had to take an online assessment but it didn't take very long. then i had a series of phone interviews and face to face interviews. It did take a little longer than I'd hoped but i think the trouble was coordinating schedules.

Interview Questions

• What causes you to look for something new?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online three months ago. Went through initial phone screen, phone interview with VP, and another phone interview with regional mgr. Easy interviews, and they seemed to be interested. Communication ceases unless you put forth the effort. After the first few times it gets old. A simple rejection e-mail would suffice instead of stringing people along.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Louisville, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

phone interview with HR and then 2 separate panel interviews at 2 different times with different groups of people of the organization that I would be working with and a tour of the facility and that was all

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (New York, NY).

Interview

Getting in contact with anyone is impossible. Was told I'd have my choice in which job I wanted (out of 2) - as well as discussing relocating - after I left the interview I followed up with an e-mail and I never heard from anyone.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Champaign, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Not difficult. No technique questions in the first round. Since my background fits more than one position, I received 15-min screen call from HR to ask about my work experience and preferences (position, salary,etc.) . Also, the HR wanted to know how well you know about the company and why you want to work there.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen, and primary interview went well. Third and final interview was a waste of time. District Manager was totally unprofessional, and unprepared with some elementary interview questions. I was well prepared with game plan, industry research, and vast company knowledge. Two minutes into the interview, he started looking at his watch. I pressed forward regardless, knowing I would at least get some interview practice. Anyway, no call or email informing me whether I got the job, or not.

Anonymous Employee in Central, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Central, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

HR did a great job connecting with me and guiding me through the process. I felt important the entire time. I was also well informed with company information and the "what happens next" conversations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were challenged to do better and didn't succeed. What did you learn from that experience and what changes have you made, since?   Answer Question

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H. D. Smith (Springfield, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview with full management team. Questions ranged from reviewing my previous experience to specifics about supply chain management, my experience using SAP software and Excel. Asked about my experience in working with vendors.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, specific to supply chain management. Asked about MRP, what experience I had in user testing for added functions to SAP.   Answer Question