HBO Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 188 of over 188 interviews

Recruiter14%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

HBO

Application

I interviewed at HBO

Interview

1 Workhue recorded interview with 7 questions, followed by an in person interview. Process took about 2 weeks. Interviewers were super nice, and during the recorded interview you get 2 chances if you mess up.

Interview Questions
  • What show are you currently watching
    Answer Question

HBO

Application

I interviewed at HBO

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter, and they set up a phone screen for me with one of the devs on the team. The phone screen was a technical question over hacker rank.

Interview Questions
  • The interview, asked me to create a binary tree and return a node's sibling. They kept changing the requirements, and it was 27 minutes in before we even defined what the problem was. Super negative experience. It seems they didn't have a question set for the interview, or had never given it before.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about HBO

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

HBO

Application

I interviewed at HBO

Interview

It was a final behavioral interview. The interview questions were fairly simple, asking about previous experience with other internships and extracurricular clubs. The interview lasted around half an hour and began with asking to introduce myself.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want this particular role?

HBO

Application

I interviewed at HBO

Interview

It was first an online interview where you were given a series of prompts and a few seconds to submit a video answer without any redos. There were two written questions. The follow-up was a one-on-one interview with a recruiter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HBO

Application

I interviewed at HBO

Interview

the interview was processed via virtual interview using their own platform. The interview took about 30 minutes. The interview result came out an week after the virtual interview was taken.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HBO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HBO in Aug 2021

Interview

Four rounds of virtual video interviews due to COVID over a six week period: a marathon and a sprint at the same time. Thorough process but never intimidating, every step was engaging and the interviewers were genuine. There was steady communication coming from HR coordinators about next steps along the way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HBO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at HBO in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview went pretty well. The manager mainly asked general questions. They were open to any questions that were relevant to the role and the company. All answers were given to my questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HBO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HBO in Jul 2021

Interview

Very straightforward. 30 minute call with recruiter and then 30 minute video interview with Hiring Manager. Hiring manager seemed very disengaged from the moment the interview started. I believe he even looked at his phone a few times. Interview was very casual.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HBO (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

The team interviews you, ask you a series of question. Questions about your previous work. What you're looking for within the role. What you'll be doing day to day basis. Additional questions about the role.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about previous experience. What my career goals are.

HBO

Application

I interviewed at HBO

Interview

Brief, 20 minute discussion about role and duties, interests, previous managerial experience, past jobs and proudest achievements, favorite attributes on the new HBO Max site and possible ideas going forward

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 188 Interviews