HBO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HBO Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HBO.

Interview

Sort of a "phone screen" in person, first round interview. I would say phone or video would have been a more efficient first round, but I enjoyed who I met with.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not the commute would be comfortable for me   1 Answer

SDE2 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HBO.

Interview

For two weeks process, HR is really nice. I got a phone screen opportunity, I was excited that.
    But unfortunately in the very interview morning, I got Email to say the interviewer found the better resume than mine, the she cancelled the interview.
    That's unbelievable.

Interview Questions

• The first phone interview comes from HR, she was so nice, asked some questions about your resume.   1 Answer

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HBO (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview experience. Interviewer asks general question about background, current position, and why you're interested in the position at HBO. I spoke about my familiarity with HBO marketing campaigns and creative. I also discussed competitors marketing and creative to illustrate overall knowledge of marketing practices.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a typical day in your position? What role/contributions have you made to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HBO (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process lasted for 2 days. Day 1: Had a chance to talk with the recruiters at college career fair. Was shortlisted for interview the very next day on campus. Haven't received the verdict yet

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about the projects in my portfolio.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HBO (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was invited to interview online through the HireVue platform, where I had to record myself answering 7 questions. It was pretty impersonal and stressful, but not to hard.It's been a month and I haven't heard anything from them since.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and about your most recent internship expereince.   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

Interview

Day 1: Had an opportunity to talk with the recruiter during CMU Design Career fair on 23rd February. We briefly discussed my academic experience and job positions that I was seeking. Got an interview slot next day at the campus. Didn't hear back from them yet.

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HBO (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

They sent me a link to hirevue.com
    It would be a virtual interview. Questions would flash on the screen. You have 30 secs to read/ think of your answer, and up to 3 mins to record your response. It was a little weird and awkward because you weren't actually talking to someone, but if you take their practice questions, it should go pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a conflict with a team.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HBO (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I had only one interview: in person. (No phone interview.) They ask about your favorite TV shows and movies, what you know about screenplays/teleplays, and how your workload at school will fit into this internship.

I interviewed for a development intern position at Pretty Matches Productions, which is Sarah Jessica Parker's production company within HBO. It's definitely good to be familiar with SJP's work, but probably best not to come off like a fanboy/fangirl during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Favorite TV shows, movies?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HBO (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long. There were two interviews that spanned over 4 weeks.
    After the final interview, they told my recruiter that there would be a 3rd interview. After a week of my last interview, HBO replied back to my recruiter oop we are not moving forward.

Further, the person who interviewed me indicated he did not have the expertise to provide a proper technical interview. Hence, I went into detail on the questions I was asked. His reply to my recruiter was, "This candidate is to wordy" and this is why we can't move forward.

Really, on interview, shouldn;'t one provide more detail to the questions be asked especially when the interview indicated he did not have the proper background to understand..

However, I didn't realized they wanted me to answer as I would speak to a C level manager and not to a potential boss.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Data Warehouse and Data Lake   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HBO (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter who set up the first round. Since I was local, I was given the option to have the screening round on site. The interviewer was pleasant and asked a lot of questions about my projects and coding approach, after that he asked a moderately hard question about trees for which I was able to come up with couple of approaches but wasn't able to crack properly.

I got a call for the 2nd round, which consisted of a panel interview and followed by a bunch of regular 1:1 technical rounds. The panel interview was high pressure and the interviewers seemed to enjoy grilling me about projects and soft skills questions. I had 3 more rounds of tech interviews with moderate to hard questions after which I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the job.

The second set of interviewers were not really helpful or offering hints during the interview and I felt one of them purposely led me to a wrong path during one of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Trees, 2d Array questions. They want you to code the solution that you are confident will work instead of trying to optimize for time/memory. Also, use lots of example before starting to code.   Answer Question