HCL Infosystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Infosystems Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Infosystems

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

It's all via phone or Skype unless you are in Boston. There are usually 3 or 4 interviews in total. Once you are considered to have the position it's a very long process. From your offer to start date can take almost a month.

Interview Questions

• They ask specific IT questions to test your knowledge in the subject. It all depends on your area of application and your experience. It's a lot of situational interviewing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems.

Interview

Technical round is more about basic questions. 2 rounds of Technical and Hr round was there .

Interview Questions

• How will we handle difficult situation   2 Answers

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Chennai (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Hieee friends, I attended HCL interview recently, my name is manoj goli, from sathyabama university, chennai. HCL is a part of our college's recruitment drive. This company had came at the very last and final day of our college i.e on the project viva's day (which is the last working day of college for us apart of convocation). As soon as i finished my viva in university i went to the placement, then they held a small pre-placement talk, i missed it due to viva voice. However i came to know that there gonna be 5 rounds to complete the process. First round is an English grammar test, second round is GD, third round is Technical interview, 4th round is Aptitude test and finally HR round. On that day huge strength of students were attended, including our university there are also our 5 college students came to attend the placement. The criteria is 60% in 10th, 12th and current degree without standing arrears. However i qualified through the first round, it was simple is, was questions (half of the strength eliminated) and the next is GD, they divided all into 7 groups which consists of 10 per group which is quite different from regular GD, here each person had given the time separately to talk about themselves and later the HR is asking a general question on their hobbies, for example if u said cooking, he is asking to explain a recipe or if said playing basket ball he is asking to explain the game and its rules. The main thing is the HR checks your fluency and clarity in your voice. This is the round where the major elimination took place, in our batch only 2 out of 10 are selected, Im one the 2 selects, they announcing the results immediately and sending the selects to technical interview. My tech interview went for nearly more than 15mins, She went through all my resume and asked the questions, as I'm an ECE student she didnt asked me to write any programs but she checked my confidence in that by asking few conceptual questions like what is a pointer? and about stacks and queues, most of my question are on my area of interest, inplant training and the certification courses that i mentioned in resume. However, nearly 75% got through the tech interview, later on they kept us waiting till all the students finished their tech interview, its already became evening on that day, nearly 45 students selected through their tech interview and nearly 18 from my college out of 45. Since it became night they skipped the HR section, instead of that they held a chit chat interactive section with HR with the 45 students and they said that their was a small change in the plan,"later we will conduct the aptitude test" they said. The interactive session went for an hour in this they told about the package, work envirolment, other queries etc.. later at night they conducted an online aptitude test by Cocubes, it was an 1hr test consistes of 15 quans, 15 vebal, 15 reasoning, 15 computer science questions, the questions were not to easy! they were time consuming question but they gave only 1hr for 60 questions, so i neglected the computer science section and kept the complete concentration on remaining sections. And i tried to do as many as possible in the given time and also answered C.S questions in last 2 mins because there is no negative marking. After finishing we went home, after couple of days a list in the mail came for me from my college. And there are 8 people in the list including me, that was a very happy and glorifying moment for me. Because i got placed on my last day of college, previously i attended many companies like Cognizant, Capgemini, Scope international, NTT data, Emphasis upto HR rounds, but i got rejected. And in many companies like Infosys, Wipro, Techmahendra, TATA,..etc i didnt even qualified in first round. After a long period from day one companies, i waited and worked hard and luckily i was in. My parents cherished and even my friends played an important role in my sucess. Hope my experience helps you, never lose hope and never fail to work hard. Sucess will comes to you at one time..ALL THE BEST

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Mumbai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

First round : Apptitude, Level: Basic.
    Second round : Open Programming Test
    The second round was just great. They allowed to google and implement the code they asked to do. Basically checking the ability to learn and implement things.
    Third round: Technical Interview
    It was more of depedent upon what you've implemented. They just asked questions over it.
    Final round: HR
    It was nice too, although just a formalitiy for deserving candidate.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems in March 2011.

Interview

3 rounds. Includes Technical, Client interview (if any), HR round. In technical round most of the cased they will ask about your projects, day to day activities etc. Basic troubleshooting steps, questions related to your core subject. For freshers they will ask to explain about their academic project or
    intern.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Noida (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

started with hr then written
    then hr then managerial
    ended with hr.
    over all good and simple interview
    not much waiting time

The hiring process was completed in one day. There was an Aptitude Test to begin with,
    Around 20 guys out of 50 were shortlisted after Ist round and almost all were called for HR Round then the final list arrived

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Pune (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief discussion on AD & Ds, Deep discussion on System and Components. discussion on privious job,roles and my Activities in old company. discussion on scope of work and their policeis in privious and their company and differance in benefits.

Interview Questions

• Rols and need of ad & DC, managiable services, working of DHCP and DNS.   1 Answer

Associate Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Single day interview process, let us know we were selected at very next day. Waited for 3 months for starting training at hyderabad training center. Good training and facilities in Hyderabad training center. Turns us into a complete professional

Associate Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Pune (India)).

Interview

- HCL team came to our college and took very competitive written test.
    - Once selected, we have a small interview at our college.
    - After shortlisted, they called us to Pune for further interview. There we had two rounds of highly technical interview which consumed our entire day.
    - After around 30 days after the interview, they confirmed our selection.
    - The best thing, they never (even once) discussed our salary. May be if they discussed, no one would have been joined. We got to know about our salary when we actually received our first one (don't want to share it here).

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions specially from Mechanical and Electronics field.   2 Answers

Associate Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Infosystems (Kolkata (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

It was an College Campus Interview. The process was initiated from our college placement cell. We were informed for the interview process and later got notified that those who will be selected can not come back from the inteview. From Apti round through GD round I cleared all. I got offer letter mailed to my home address. I read accepted and remailed the letter back to company HO. Later I got informed about date of joining etc on my email.