HCSS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Min-Level Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCSS (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard question and answer session. If you've done this in the past 8-10 years, you'll get it. There was a math test upon entry, but I think they just want to make sure you can solve the issues they create all of their business from. Entire interview took 2+ hours, but it was well worth it. The environment tour was awesome. Straight out of Silicon Valley, but in Texas. I have never been in a work environment like this before. It is the main reason I am striving to work there.

Interview Questions

• Sample test questions shouldn't be shared, as they are essential to what the company requires as far as knowledge. But if you can read a word problem, and analyze exactly what is being asked for, you will do fine. Other questions were very normal. Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it. Tell me how you designed the solution to that issue. What are your weaknesses, what are your strengths. Why are you interested in HCSS? Basically, if you aren't interested after the tour of the premises, just leave. One last item, I was asked to sketch out a sort of diagram on a white board to illustrate a solution I referenced in a previous question. So know what you are talking about, and don't lie, as someone will pick up on it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCSS (Sugar Land, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied in October 2017 and passed the assessment on my 2nd try. Due to the high volume of resumes received, I didn't hear back from HCSS until late December. Afterwards, everything followed the normal interview process, nothing out of the world. Scheduled a brief talk with HR over the phone to gauge my interests, invited to onsite interviews for 1.5 hours. I spoke with one dev and one team leader after passing the diagonostic test and they were both really nice. There were some technical questions but no coding, mostly project presentation as well as behavioral questions. It felt more like discussions rather than the traditional "ask-and-answer" type of interview. I heard back a week later and accepted the offer!

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe a project that you completed flawlessly?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSS in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and i was sent a test. I scored the score they wanted to. But later I got a rejection email. The questions were basic and I qualify to their requirements for the position.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

*Other than the standard test they make everyone take, the interview seems pretty standard.

*I met with four interviewers.

*Expect to be asked about everything on your resume
     - Might be asked to demonstrate ability to code

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSS (Remote, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Analytical test and then telephonic, they asked about the previous work experience and before that there was a analytical test to solve. I find it very slow mean the interview was all about asking what i did in past which was already mentioned in my resume.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HCSS (Sugar Land, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

There was an initial aptitude test taken online, followed by a series of interviews with different levels of management. The primary thing that HCSS seems to be searching for is a perfect fit into their culture. Their training is comprehensive, but genuine personability cannot easily be taught. I don't think my resume alone earned me the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time in which you dealt with uncooperative teammates. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSS.

Interview

Long process with many steps. You start with a math challenge. . If you pass that , ten, your resume will be reviewed. Then, set an appointment for phone interview.

Interview Questions

• There were online Math assessment qustions and a phone interview . They focus on job fit, so pay attention to the sample questions they provide.   1 Answer

HCSS Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Advisor (Allan L.)

Appreciate your feedback on our recruitment process. Although we statistically hire <1% of applicants, I encourage you to not give up! Perhaps in the future there will be a role that is a strong fit... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HCSS (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple steps, the first being a 14-question online math test. Upon completion of the math test, you will be followed up with a phone interview, and possible complimentary on-site interviews. The on-site interviews took a total of 3 hours roughly, and I went through three interviews in total. The first was with a software development team leader, the next with the head of the software development department, and the final with the supervisor of development. They each asked behavioral questions, a few technical questions and concept definitions, as well as my experience with personal projects. All in all the interviews were not complicated, but rather genuine and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss your experience with regards to team projects, and your role in them?   Answer Question
    • Discuss the different types of linked lists. How would you reverse a linked list?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSS in August 2017.

Interview

Received online test after submitting my resume. That you will not be considered unless you ace their math word puzzle is absurd and definitely not how hiring should function. I would consider it a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Math word problems.
      Example: Calculate the true hourly cast of an employee including benefits. The problem is wrong as it assumes that the employee will not be paid for vacation, sick days, or training by trying to focus it only one time spent "programming."   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCSS.

Interview

This is known as the Best company in Texas to work.

I have taken the interview for the first round of interview thrice but never got through the next round even once.

But the HR has been very nice. Although I never got a chance to make it to the further rounds, the HR has been very friendly.

Interview Questions

HCSS Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Advisor (Allan L.)

Thanks so much for the kind comments. You can reach out to a member of the team anytime if you have any questions or see an interest in an open opportunity on our careers page (careers.hcss.com)

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSS (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is a little bit different than anything else I have done, as they have you take a math/logic test before you can get set up with an interview. It isn't too difficult, just don't overthink the questions. After passing the test your resume will be reviewed by HR. After that the interview process was pretty standard. It started with a phone screen with HR, and then a follow up in person interview at their headquarters. My in-person interviews were with upper level software managers and the owner, including the manager for the specific software product I was interviewing for. The "office" tour was pretty cool, think of a Google type environment with fitness areas, a game room, snacks, and many other cool features (they even have dog kennels for bringing your pet to work!). Everyone was very friendly, and I got a very positive vibe from the whole experience.

Interview Questions

• Why software development, why HCSS?   1 Answer