HEINEKEN USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HEINEKEN USA

3.5

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Coordinator and spoke with her briefly and then had a phone screen with a Senior Manager in HR, the call went seemingly well and at the end he stated that he would like to bring me into the office for an onsite interview with his Director. I agreed to the meeting and sent over my availability, to which I received no reply. After multiple emails sent I was left with no further correspondence, essentially left in the dark after being told they wanted to move forward. One of the basic functions of recruitment is managing the candidate experience and providing feedback, especially after you state that you want to bring someone in to interview. To go dark on a candidate is a massive misstep and something that should never happen on any level. I could not recommend this company to anyone in my network, and after speaking with a few connections it turns out that this is common practice for them. At the end of the day you need to ask yourself, would you want to work with a company who can't manage something as simple as a candidate interview?

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions. More of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA.

Interview

Applied online for a position and then was contacted by Heineken HR via email for a phone interview. After countless emails trying to set something up as I had great interest in the position - only to have the person who contacted me fall off the earth. Incredibly unprofessional. Have talked to others in the industry who have had a similar experience with this HR department. A shame.

On Premise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (Tampa, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Several interviews and a few month length is the usual hiring process. The final interview will include a verbal presentation to test your presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• None - As long as you are familiar with the beer business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy, their benefits and perks were good so no need for big negotiation

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in June 2014.

Interview

Went through HR screen, 2 phone interviews, final panel interview. Panel interview is hard, need to be prepared to discuss situations throughout your career that you have experienced their 4 Pillars. Need to answer all questions in the STAR format (Situation/Task, Action, Result). 8 of these questions were asked in total. Need to come in with plenty of examples.

Presentation portion of the panel interview was interesting- I think they only cared that it stayed under 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you were brave and went against the grain and achieved great results.   Answer Question

Treasury Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in August 2011.

Interview

In person interviews with the Director and CFO followed by a panel interview and presentation to HR, CFO, and Director focused on technical expertise, staff management skills and presentation skills. Small office with limited resources and junior staff that would report to the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a task when you don't know how to do it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best employee and your worst employee?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without all the information you thought you needed?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA.

Interview

VERY rigorous. Written paper plus two psychometric tests plus a presentation plus several rounds of interviews. Enjoyed most of them until the last of all, the most senior person in the team.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion? How do you build trust? How will you prove you are trustworthy?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in March 2017.

Interview

Share some information.Try to figure out what type of persons you are working with. See if you have a potential team. Figure out who you can trust and who is rat..

Interview Questions

• Do i work hard and am I honest   1 Answer

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Panel of 5 people - presented a 5 minute deck and answered questions in a specific format required by the company. Over all good experience. i did not get the interview via glass door. i did this thru monster site at the time then followed up on my own via some else i new on the inside.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I was asked to present on a topic in front of a panel. It was a new experience as I haven't had to do this before. The group in the room was open and made for a comfortable interview process. They seemed interested in me as well as what I could bring to the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were challenged and how did you deal with the the conflict?   11 Answers

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Manpower recruiter for a Sales role at Heineken USA.
    The recruiter was fine, but at times a little unorganized. At one point, the recruiter called me out of the blue to ask what time our interview was, because their computer had crashed and lost the information. The interview itself did not begin until after I completed 2 tests online. During the actual phone interview, the recruiter/interviewer stuck to an interview format and sounded very robotic and unenthused. I truly believe that this is not a smart way of hiring great talent. Heineken's actual HR, persons who work for the company, should be in charge of talent acquisition, as opposed to a 3rd party. During my interview, I used sales terms to explain my knowledge and expertise and the interviewer seemed lost by my responses. It has been 3 weeks and the Manpower recruiter has not contacted me to give me an update, although I have promptly followed up via email. Lucky for me, I have already accepted a fantastic offer from a different beverage supplier. Sorry Hieneken.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift heavy cases of beer? Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer