HEINEKEN USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HEINEKEN USA Interview Questions

Interviews at HEINEKEN USA

3.4

Director Interview

Interview

Arriving at the White Plains office, I was greeted professionally by the receptionist. My interviewer arrived on time, showed me around the office and asked if I was interested in trying their newest product, a zero-alcohol beer. The interview was a conversation with the hiring manager and someone from HR. It was focused on past experiences (e.g. tell me about a time...) and why I was looking to leave my current job. The hiring manager provided an overview of the company and department and what would be expected from the person hired. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince leader who was skeptical of your proposal.   Answer Question

On Premise Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (Orlando, FL) in December 2019.

Interview

I did a phone screen, initial interview, interview with who my manager would be, online tests, then an in person presentation based off of a topic they gave me. I never heard back after the presentation stage, even after following up to hear the outcome.

Director Interview

Interview

Well organized and followed normal process. Phone screen, video conference followed by face to face interview. Fairly quick decision process. Found the process to well communicated and timely in responses

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, lasted roughly 30 mins. After phone interview I had to complete a personality test. Second interview was a panel interview with STAR questions.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (White Plains, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

There was an Initial phone screen with the recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Then I had an in person one on one interview with the hiring manager. The last pstep was a panel interview with hiring manager and her direct reports.

Interview Questions

• asked to bring a presentation articulating how I would have the greatest impact in the role.   1 Answer

GIS Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (White Plains, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

1st round, HR Generalist (phone)
    2nd round, Hiring manager (phone)
    3rd round, Onsite: Wonderlic via computer then Panel

This is going to sound strange, but I found the interview format is so ponderously obedient to a corporate-sourced rubric that it is simply not adaptive enough to evaluate every candidate. My panel was comprised of the hiring manager, their boss, the HR generalist and a leader from another senior sales team. The four interjected many questions into my presentation portion. Now I would normally welcome this, but you see from the time you walk in there's something of a time crunch. Of the interview's hour duration, 5 minutes are devoted to an opening presentation from the candidate, another 40 minutes to the panel's questions and the final 10 are reserved for the candidate's questions. Even one interruption by the panel can force a well-rehearsed presentation to go over. And that's exactly what happened. Any opportunity I had was preempted within the first 15 minutes of the interview. Like Matt Damon on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

The 2nd, 40 min part of the interview are questions from Heineken's proprietary (read: org dev poppycock) evaluation rubric. You'll need to satisfy your panel with responses to the questions below, phrased in the STAR format (S - Situation, T - Task, A - Action, R - Result).

That said: I received all the questions in advance and have pasted them below. If you study nothing else about the job/company, you will be in decent shape. Conspiracy theory time: I got the sense the HR rep gave me these questions ahead of time to demonstrate to the panel she's recruiting good candidates who are perceived as "prepared." Little did she know, no one can prepare for the hot mess express that awaited me.

After my rehearsed five-minute presentation took 15 minutes to slog through, the panel "began" their questions. They were all over the place: asking a question, rewording it, more interested in transcribing long passages of my answers within their rubrics than the actual answers. One interviewer was so astonished I was able to get an entire team of PMs to submit status reports on time. She actually challenged me after I answered, which I found to be unnecessarily contentious. They were very unresponsive to dialogue because, alas, those rubrics ain't gonna fill themselves out. I would casually move the conversation back to something like company goals and they insisted I move back to the preordained format. Forget about having them entice me to the role or brag about the company. After it was all said and done, I responded that night I would not be continuing my application with Heineken. Good luck to you if you're considering them, but based on my hour's exposure to the culture at Heineken I would keep looking if you just started your job search.

Interview Questions

• 1. Connect: How do you build trust through authenticity?
      2. Shape: How did you inspire others to challenge the status quo?
      3. Develop: How do you keep yourself professionally developed?
      4. Deliver: How do you encourage team members to take accountability with respect to deliverables?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in September 2018.

Interview

Missing the “H” in HR. I have had introductory phone interviews for 2 different roles over the last year. Both calls went well with the HR person, each ending with positive feedback and comments by the interviewer that a second call would be scheduled within a week or so. That was the last I heard from their HR team, as my follow up emails and calls were met with silence. For an organization that prides itself on open communication and transparency, this is really quite disappointing. Hopefully they treat their employees better than their candidates.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Coordinator and spoke with her briefly and then had a phone screen with a Senior Manager in HR, the call went seemingly well and at the end he stated that he would like to bring me into the office for an onsite interview with his Director. I agreed to the meeting and sent over my availability, to which I received no reply. After multiple emails sent I was left with no further correspondence, essentially left in the dark after being told they wanted to move forward. One of the basic functions of recruitment is managing the candidate experience and providing feedback, especially after you state that you want to bring someone in to interview. To go dark on a candidate is a massive misstep and something that should never happen on any level. I could not recommend this company to anyone in my network, and after speaking with a few connections it turns out that this is common practice for them. At the end of the day you need to ask yourself, would you want to work with a company who can't manage something as simple as a candidate interview?

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions. More of a conversation than an interview.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (White Plains, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person with hiring director, then online wonderlic test then panel interview where I had to present topic. They didn't even have the decency to respond. Ignored emails. Very unprofessional.I wonder how many people they make go through all that. FYI, position is still open and it has been for 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral type questions. Had to respond with an example   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA.

Interview

Applied online for a position and then was contacted by Heineken HR via email for a phone interview. After countless emails trying to set something up as I had great interest in the position - only to have the person who contacted me fall off the earth. Incredibly unprofessional. Have talked to others in the industry who have had a similar experience with this HR department. A shame.