HEINEKEN USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.4

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I was asked to present on a topic in front of a panel. It was a new experience as I haven't had to do this before. The group in the room was open and made for a comfortable interview process. They seemed interested in me as well as what I could bring to the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were challenged and how did you deal with the the conflict?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Manpower recruiter for a Sales role at Heineken USA.
    The recruiter was fine, but at times a little unorganized. At one point, the recruiter called me out of the blue to ask what time our interview was, because their computer had crashed and lost the information. The interview itself did not begin until after I completed 2 tests online. During the actual phone interview, the recruiter/interviewer stuck to an interview format and sounded very robotic and unenthused. I truly believe that this is not a smart way of hiring great talent. Heineken's actual HR, persons who work for the company, should be in charge of talent acquisition, as opposed to a 3rd party. During my interview, I used sales terms to explain my knowledge and expertise and the interviewer seemed lost by my responses. It has been 3 weeks and the Manpower recruiter has not contacted me to give me an update, although I have promptly followed up via email. Lucky for me, I have already accepted a fantastic offer from a different beverage supplier. Sorry Hieneken.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift heavy cases of beer? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (Austin, TX).

Interview

Honestly this interview was one of the most challenging and creative interviews I have ever had. You will have someone from Man Power Solutions that will reach-out for the opportunity. Before they even speak with you, they will be asking you to take a Wonderlic test, which you basically have about 8 minutes to answer 30 questions (crazy if you ask me). I would recommend you take the pre-quizzes that are available which will help you. After you take the test, you will have a phone interview with a headhunter who will try to identify if you are the right fit. If you pass these initial tasks then you will be asked to interview in a city with other candidates. If there is one thing I can suggest to you going in the interview is that you have passion for the company and learn more about it. This is truly a class organization with humble principles. I have only been here a month and I am impressed with everything they do and how involved they are with safety. You will have a team exercise in the beginning so make sure you work as a team! You will later have a panel interview with 2 managers that will ask you to interview in the STAR format(make sure you look it up). IF you do well after that, you should speak with the zone director which is the final stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was interesting. It started off with a group project in a room with a bunch of Heineken products and display boards & told us to create a display. No one showed up but me so I had to do it alone but the lady was super nice and didn't make t awkward. Next I went into a room with Dos Equis and Heineken product and I was told to prepare a 5 min sales pitch - two guys came in and I spit it to them. Then they asked a series of behavioral questions. They were very easy going - after the terrible sales pitch I did, they were fun to talk to. After that I talked with one last guy just to 'chat' and he asked me three words to describe my character. Then they gave me a bag of merch and told me they would be in touch within 7-10 days. It was kind of a fun interview. (I haven't heard back yet)

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest time in your life   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to a major city and interviewed. There were three steps. Build a beer display, sale heineken and face to face interview. Focus on STAR interview. I would make sure you know how to sell! Also entrepreneurial mind set. Focus on being a leader. but lead by example and with the team.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (Newport Beach, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Notice to all that post, this is a long process and in the end skills do not matter only who you know (because they guy beside me was bragging to the hiring managers in lobby that he is boys with xyz) and looks, .(because when you arrive they take your picture..lol).funny they reached out to me via Manpower Solutions, I was advised I must pass two assessment test, Wonderlic and PI then you have to do a phone interview, if you pass you get invited to a face to face, once there you are in a group , know how to build a display, then you have to sell a product to the interviewing managers after that you will be interviewed, then you can leave, you are told you will hear back in a week or two, I did not hear anything back until I called them, this is a cattle heard, getting people in to interview. so they may hire 20 people but are interviewing 150 over 3-4 days somewhere, I know going forward for me in the future no recruiters only direct because temp agencies are all about 50 applicants for one job or worse.

On Premises Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email about a week later to complete a personality and wonderlic test. If you pass that then you have a telephone and panel interview. From what I've read, all of the interviewing procedures are the same regardless of the position you apply for. You start with a team building exercise by setting up a display then you have the sales presentation in a separate room followed by the panel interview. They are rigid when it comes to the STAR Format so its vital that your answers follow that format. They were interviewing a ton of candidates for only a handful of positions so I knew it was going to be competitive and it was. My only complaint is that they specifically told me that I would hear something back within 2 weeks and I was never contacted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a difficult decision and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First step is taking some intelligence tests, if you pass those you have a phone interview, if you pass that you have an in person interview in a major city. It starts by interviewing with two other people, and you are asked to work together as a team to build a store display. After that you are put in individual rooms and given a product and a bunch of numbers to create a sales presentation. Two managers come in for you to present to. After presentation they interview you, and you are told you will be contacted in next week with decision.

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA.

Interview

VERY rigorous. Written paper plus two psychometric tests plus a presentation plus several rounds of interviews. Enjoyed most of them until the last of all, the most senior person in the team.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion? How do you build trust? How will you prove you are trustworthy?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEINEKEN USA (White Plains, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

a phone interview following with a on-site interview; For the phone interview, they asked about my majors and why I want to do HR. And quickly after 3 business days, I got an email with detailed description of how to get to their office. Then I was interviewed with someone else. He went over the resume with me and asked about what I studied and why I was interested in certain positions I worked before. And we talked about salary at the end. It was an overall very smooth process and they are very responsible of what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in five years? Describe your experience in your resume   Answer Question