HELP USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HELP USA

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HELP USA (Bronx, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Most positions are filled through in-house referrals. 85% of the staff was referred by another staff member.

A writing sample is required however, not everyone is asked to complete it.

I met with the Assistant Executive Director, the Director and the Director of Social Services. They were all friendly and made me feel that working for their company would be the best decision of my life.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HELP USA (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

PD did most of the talking, she asked basic questions but mainly concerned if you had a postitive outlook. She asked about past experiences, management and personal growth within the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some scenarios you've death with in your previous job that can help this population of clientele?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HELP USA (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and the interviewer was very pleasant.She explained to me what the position entailed, its difficulties and it's offerings. She also asked me how I would handle certain situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HELP USA (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the program director, she did most of the talking but once given the chance, she asked me a few questions and was told to write an essay answering most of the interviewing questions. I was called back for a second interview, took a drug test and 1 week later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What made me a good candidate? What makes me a good asset to the company? How do I work with others? Etc, etc   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HELP USA.

Interview

I was contacted due to my online resume. I returned contact, and an interview date was set.
     After the interview, I received an offer, accepted and returned to the office to present documentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an aggressive veteran? How would you handle a veteran under the influence?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HELP USA (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was smooth and easy. The interviewer made me feel wanted which was a plus for me. The interviewer was very knowledgable of various positions within the organization which meant alot in terms of potentially moving up within the organization.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to analyzing problematic situations and finding creative solutions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HELP USA (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I went on one interview with the Social Services Supervisor and then was called back for a second interview with the Shelter Director two weeks later. Each interview was about 30 minutes long and the questions that were asked were about my experience and why I was making a career shift into Social Services.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HELP USA (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The person that hired me was amazing but unfortunately she left and they brought in two different levels of idiots for executive directors. The director that hired me possessed compassion for the clients and staff

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the organization and what are my strengths   1 Answer

Housing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HELP USA (Bronx, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was barely an interview; it lasted about 30 minutes and I was offered the position on the spot. Instead of actually asking me questions, the interviewers went on about themselves. I was interviewed by three people but all they offered were the details of the job. In all? I asked more questions than the interviewers themselves.

Interview Questions

• Aside from background (whats your name, education level etc) questions nothing vital was asked.   Answer Question

Housing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HELP USA.

Interview

The interview started a bit later after the scheduled time, it was like an average interview. They asked questions like , what is your experience, why are you interested in this position, how would you go about completing all assigned duties etc...

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this field/ Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question