HEPACO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HEPACO

2.1

Environmental Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HEPACO (Fredericksburg, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on Hepaco's website and was called the next day to schedule an interview for the following week.
    The hiring manager got wrapped up in a project so after waiting 2 hours, he asked the branch manager to interview me. The interview was very informal and the only things he was concerned about was my proximity to work and making sure I didn't have anything that would prevent a quick response if I were called in (spouse, kids, classes). I inquired about the turnover rate, which he responded is abnormally high presumably because of the awful hours (getting called back in at night ~3x/wk, but still working 8-5 everyday) and low pay ($14-$16/HR), but the company recently did a survey in hopes of identifying issues.
    He said that I'm welcome to come on board and gave me the info for a preemployment physical and uniform/ steel toed boots, and to expect a call from the hiring manager within a day regarding pay and benefits. A week passed and I didn't hear anything so I left a message for the hiring manager. Two weeks after leaving the message and I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work at any hour of the day, up to 60 hrs a week? Are you married or have any attachments that would prevent you from coming back in after hours?   Answer Question

I'm not sure if a "you're welcome to come on board; expect a call to discuss salary and benefits by tomorrow" qualifies as a job offer, but the interview gave me the impression that they just want employees at their beck and call by the way he discouraged anything outside of work that involves a time commitment. The only reason I'd accept a position is to complete the company-paid HAZWOPER training then quit.

Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HEPACO (Charleston, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviews with two managers, then waited on background check and drug test results. Physical and driving test results were next. Was offered less money than I originally asked for, then was given what I asked for after waiting for two more additional weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a background check and drug test?   1 Answer

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HEPACO (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Very straight to the point and very brief..
    It didn't take long.. She asked about 10 questions and showed me around the building and that was it.. Also they stated it was a quick interview process..

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the position??   1 Answer

Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HEPACO.

Interview

I received an email after my resume was spotted on a job board (Careerbuilder). I received an email from HR personnel requesting an interview. One week later I interviewed and wait 1 1/2 weeks for a decision regarding the applicants interviewed.

Interview Questions

While the rate I was offered was reasonable, by the time I added in my commute it wasn't worth the pay I would have been receiving.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HEPACO (Knoxville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very informal interview. Project Manager made it so comfortable during the interview that I felt like I had known him my whole life by the end. Ended up being one of the most trusted PMs I ever worked for at HEPACO.

Interview Questions

• The basics first, then some more detailed questions about my comfort levels in responding to emergency hazmat incidents at 3AM.   1 Answer

Hazmat Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HEPACO (Nashville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

the interview process was typical, the interviewer asked about my skills and work history. It was an interview... the branch manager sat me on a couch and asked a bunch of questions, and asked if I could handle this type of work. If you are young (under 24ish) then you will have to have a lot of experience, in this industry theres not a lot of slack given for horsing around because most of the work can be life threatening if safety isn't thought of at all times.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HEPACO.

Interview

Straightforward. Come prepared with what you know about the industry as well as learn what the company does. It helps them know that you're on the same page and they don't have to necessarily go in to full detail.

Interview Questions

• Again, straightforward. They just want to see what you know about the industry. Definitely do a little research about the job you'll be doing-duties and responsibilities.   Answer Question