HKS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HKS (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was conducted via video call (Skype). Second round of interviews were with potential peers to this role, and a third round was with executive leadership. The 2nd round was done as a panel interview with 3 HKS employees involved.

Interview Questions

• What would be my plan of action within the first 90 days?   Answer Question

Job Captain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HKS.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I don't recommend a recruiter. I know of others who were offered a signing bonus when they didn't go through a recruiter. Be prepared to show your design thinking and graphic skills. HOWEVER know that you will be in mostly production.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate very little.

Job Captain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HKS (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Talk to a manager during a networking event who then connected me to HR for an interview. The interview was straight forward asking me about my experience and expectations. They were hiring and needed more people so it wasn't very long or involved.

Interview Questions

• What is your BIM and Revit Experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HKS (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred by someone inside the company but mainly the hiring process involves submission of resume/portfolio and follow-up that can be either through phone or directly in person.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several questions about my previous work experience and why HKS   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HKS in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and sent an email to who I assumed I would be reporting to on the job. I sent my portfolio, resume, and cover letter and heard back within 5 Days. Getting an interview scheduled was hard as I assume they were busy. Once I got an interview it took about 2 weeks for a response. The whole process took about 4-5 weeks. I accepted a different offer before hearing back from HKS and declined their offer when I received it.

Interview Questions

• Go in depth about a past project, talk about your ideas and reasoning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HKS (Orlando, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

interview was set up through phone. interview was on a saturday, took a little over an hour. had my copies of resume and portfolio available during interview. went through resume and portfolio and explained each job that i held and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no. terms were already set.

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HKS (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Require a full portfolio review and Q&A in front of whole office, either in one large lunch meeting or broken up into groups of 5-6 across many hours. Hiring team takes a while to review applicants, especially those applying directly from schools for job post-graduation.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of this role that wasn’t fulfilled by your previous role?   Answer Question
    • Software skill level test   Answer Question

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HKS (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Essay and paragraphs to get short listed for the job, then video interview with leadership, then big group interview with the rest of the staff of the office in order to see how I would fit in the existing culture

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the culture of the office and what do you expect of the office culture?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HKS in February 2010.

Interview

telephone call

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HKS (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Well, hiring here is, like with most companies of this type, based on projects. As a result even if you are the right fit for this company there is always the question of the right project. This was where I wanted to work so I was patient with the company for two months or so before being called in.

The interview was simple and really the questions were based on my portfolio. There were the usual "why us?" questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question at the back of my head was "how much will you pay?". I never got to ask that because I didn't feel comfortable enough. I waited till a private phone call from management to broach to topic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a range. always go higher!

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HKS.

Interview

It was an awesome experience. They are so grateful and hear what you have to say. Benefits are good and positions are interesting. I will totally recommend it. Not that difficult.