HackerAgency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online. About two weeks later I got a call for a phone screen. The phone screen was very straight-forward. It was a little more extensive and felt like somewhere between a screen and an interview where I believe I was asked about my work experience, previous campaigns, examples of previous performance results, etc. The kinds of questions one would expect from a hiring manager but much less intense.

I was then scheduled about week later for a series of 1:1 interviews with 4 different individuals. 2 of them would be lateral coworkers, on teams I'd be closely working with. 1 was a supervisor of another, related team. The last one was my potential supervisor.

The 2 potential lateral coworkers were friendly and pretty open about the company and work. They were very conversational and easier to talk with. We went over my experience, previous campaign work, results, familiarity with tools, etc.

The 1 supervisor of a related team talked much more about himself and the goals that needed addressing at HackerAgency than actually asking me questions. He also seemed to boast about his years of experience at [Insert Big Name Global Agency Here] much more than his role he had at HackerAgency, which I found off-putting. I believe we briefly went over my resume and and he asked some basic questions about my familiarity with certain tools.

The final session with my could-be supervisor was simple. He focused a lot on the transition from a more old-fashioned and direct marketing company to addressing the digital landscape and re-branding. He asked much more questions about my skill set and familiarity with tools than my previous experiences.

To be frank, I felt overqualified for the position and the primary tool that I would be using was something I never touched before anyways. I think, perhaps, if the recruiter/HR organized a phone call with the hiring manager and myself before inviting me in it may have been more helpful in determining if this was a right fit and prevented wasting a bunch of peoples' time with a series of interviews.

I later learned that someone with about 1/3 the level of experience I had landed the gig, so I probably got lucky there in terms of compensation.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with X tool? How did you use it? How often did you use it?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Creative Director, brief and fairly informal. In-person interview with 4 senior-level creatives who represented the company and culture pretty well. Meeting with several people helped me get lots of questions about the company answered and corroborated.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard "what interests you about this position," "what's your background" and the like. Went over my past creative work and talked about my questions more than anything else.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I Interviewed with a recruiter first on the phone and then a in person interview that was scheduled briefly thereafter. The interview process was informal, conversational and professional. The hiring manager was very direct and open about the role and responsibilities. I have since started with the company and everything they shared is accurate and I am very much enjoying the culture and the people.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how you handled a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the job online, applied and heard back within a week or two, I was then scheduled for a phone screening with a recruiter. The phone call took about a half an hour and he just went over the functionality of the job and the basics to see if I was able to complete the requirements. He then forwarded me on when he was satisfied. Within a few days I received a call and an e-mail from another recruiter scheduling an interview for me. I went in for my interview, it was around 90 minutes. They said they would call me soon and I had an e-mail offer by the time I got home.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset employees while fixing something for them?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

Found the position on LinkedIn and sent in a resume and cover letter. After a phone interview with company recruiter, I was scheduled for 6 30-minute interviews with members of the team (all in one afternoon).

Turns out, the interviews were with two different groups, for two different positions - neither of them the one that I'd applied for. I was not provided a job description or title, so I was interviewing blind. When provided the opportunity to ask what a typical day would include, I was told by more than one person that I'd be doing a lot of proofing and spreadsheets. One interviewer (manager level) spent our half hour typing on her computer and barely engaged with me. On the positive - I met with two higher level individuals who were engaged in the conversation and personable. Unfortunately, poor time management earlier in the interviews limited my time with them to less than 20 minutes each.

I asked each person what our "next steps" are. No one knew. I left after 2+ hours with no hope for a job and no sincere interest in working there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever had a personality problem with a manager, and what I did about it. Difficult in that I've not had that situation - and she didn't really want to believe me. In the end, I elaborated a mild problem/solution that I'd had just to satisfy her question. To my mind, this question indicates there may be issues with poor managers.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

My resume was submitted through a connection at Hacker and the recruiter got back to me quickly. However, that was the last fast thing about the process. The review dragged out over the holidays and several months into the new year. It did include a call with the primary client contact, which I thought was productive as well as meeting with the president and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult testing scenario and what was gained out of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation space, but the offer was great.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

Quite easy. They asked few easy questions and I answered them well and nailed the interview. I think anyone can crack that interview. I didn't know I was being trapped in this company.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Pretty simple. They were desperate for PM's at the time I was hired. Interview lasted less than 15 minute and I had the job. Nothing difficult or over the top.

Negotiation

Simple!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter.
    Follow up interview with 3 Project Directors.
    Took a little while for decision due to vacations.
    Also was requested I meet with VP at the time.
    Length of process was about a month, a little too long.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill interview questions about background... experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview lasting 30 minutes with the recruiter.
    One week later, I was contacted for an onsite interview with the hiring manager, recruiter and senior management. That lasted about 1 hour, Shortly after, I was given a tour of the offices and then a meeting with HR to review/preview benefits, compensation and learn about the history of the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer