HackerAgency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HackerAgency

2.8

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Creative Director, brief and fairly informal. In-person interview with 4 senior-level creatives who represented the company and culture pretty well. Meeting with several people helped me get lots of questions about the company answered and corroborated.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard "what interests you about this position," "what's your background" and the like. Went over my past creative work and talked about my questions more than anything else.   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the job online, applied and heard back within a week or two, I was then scheduled for a phone screening with a recruiter. The phone call took about a half an hour and he just went over the functionality of the job and the basics to see if I was able to complete the requirements. He then forwarded me on when he was satisfied. Within a few days I received a call and an e-mail from another recruiter scheduling an interview for me. I went in for my interview, it was around 90 minutes. They said they would call me soon and I had an e-mail offer by the time I got home.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset employees while fixing something for them?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

My resume was submitted through a connection at Hacker and the recruiter got back to me quickly. However, that was the last fast thing about the process. The review dragged out over the holidays and several months into the new year. It did include a call with the primary client contact, which I thought was productive as well as meeting with the president and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult testing scenario and what was gained out of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation space, but the offer was great.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

After a phone screening with HR I interviewed with the Account Managers from 2 different teams. After that I had a 3rd interview with the rest of the Account Executives to make sure that I would be a good fit with the teams.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HackerAgency in November 2013.

Interview

I almost didn't apply until I realized that the order of roles at Hacker Group is different than other agencies. The Account Executive has Account Manager responsibilities and vice versa. I applied online and two weeks later was contacted by HR to conduct a phone interview on the spot. It took about five minutes. I was asked what I knew about the job, how I was qualified, and my salary requirements. I would have liked to have had a more in depth phone screen, but the person I was talking to informed me that they didn't know much about the position. A couple weeks later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview with four team members. The interview was okay. Overall, I got the feeling that this was a high stress job with unfriendly coworkers. I also got the impression that people didn't really enjoy working there based on their answers to my followup questions. There were some questions about my experience and why Hacker Group, but a lot of the questions were around conflict resolution and dealing with difficult personalities. I never heard back from them after the interview. I knew this company wasn't a good fit and I'm not upset about not getting an offer. It still would have been nice to hear something, especially since I spent four hours meeting with them.

Interview Questions

• Each person asked me how I would deal with someone confronting me if a task was completed, but not done they way they would have done it. The amount of time spent discussing this led me to believe that this happens quite often.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

Found the position on LinkedIn and sent in a resume and cover letter. After a phone interview with company recruiter, I was scheduled for 6 30-minute interviews with members of the team (all in one afternoon).

Turns out, the interviews were with two different groups, for two different positions - neither of them the one that I'd applied for. I was not provided a job description or title, so I was interviewing blind. When provided the opportunity to ask what a typical day would include, I was told by more than one person that I'd be doing a lot of proofing and spreadsheets. One interviewer (manager level) spent our half hour typing on her computer and barely engaged with me. On the positive - I met with two higher level individuals who were engaged in the conversation and personable. Unfortunately, poor time management earlier in the interviews limited my time with them to less than 20 minutes each.

I asked each person what our "next steps" are. No one knew. I left after 2+ hours with no hope for a job and no sincere interest in working there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever had a personality problem with a manager, and what I did about it. Difficult in that I've not had that situation - and she didn't really want to believe me. In the end, I elaborated a mild problem/solution that I'd had just to satisfy her question. To my mind, this question indicates there may be issues with poor managers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I Interviewed with a recruiter first on the phone and then a in person interview that was scheduled briefly thereafter. The interview process was informal, conversational and professional. The hiring manager was very direct and open about the role and responsibilities. I have since started with the company and everything they shared is accurate and I am very much enjoying the culture and the people.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how you handled a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was via email - they saw my application, liked my cover letter, and wanted to know more about my qualifications. They sent me a list of 6 questions related to my industry experience, and wanted me to answer them in 1 paragraph. I believe that was the first "interview". Then I had a phone conversation with a recruiter who wanted more details about my experience. I answered with specific examples using the STAR approach, which I recommend doing. Then I went in for several hours of in-person interviews with several people. This resulted in a phone call within 48 hours expressing their interest in giving me an offer (pending the results of my background check and references). That went quickly and I had an offer the next business day. People at Hacker Group are straightforward and quick thinkers, so be prepared when you interview and answer questions clearly and directly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very specific questions about my experience in client and project management, so be prepared to tell concise stories that illustrate your experience/abilities. A few of the unexpected questions I was asked were: "What was the worst job you ever had?" and "What's your opinion on native marketing?" I recommend coming to the interview knowing about Hacker Group's clients, their place in the industry locally/nationally, and also about industry trends relating to the position you're interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to give my salary requirements within a certain ballbark. They gave me an offer exactly matching my requirement. I didn't bother negotiating any more since in this case, I had other offers and the offer from Hacker was what I was looking for from both a salary standpoint and a job responsibility standpoint.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Pretty typical telephone interview. I was speaking with a recruiter who's job is to "weed out" any bad candidates. She seemed rushed for the interview, but the questions were the typical "why should we hire you for this position?" and "What do you believe your strengths are? Weaknesses?" etc.

Just make sure you have a copy of your resume in front of you. The recruiter asked specific questions off of my resume so having it in front of me definitely helped out when she misread something.

Overall, not a bad experience. Not great, but not bad.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you'd be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HackerAgency in March 2016.

Interview

It was not bad. I met with 4 individuals from the same position to senior management and all were friendly. The questions were standard and not difficult, and it was great to meet with multiple people from different departments.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. It's always smart to come in and know what you can bring to the table.   1 Answer