Hamleys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hamleys Interview Questions

Interviews at Hamleys

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hamleys (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Takes a very long time to put things in process . HAD TO WAIT FOR A LOOONG. interview will be at sight initially , then will be at head office with Mumbai team

Interview Questions

• Made very simple questions like Average sale and tickets of the previous organisa   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamleys in June 2018.

Interview

Waited quite a while for the manager to set up our interview. Small group interview that went pretty quick, task to promote an item and sell it (to the manager) but required a lot of enthusiasm and thinking outside the box

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this product?
      And general questions about previous experience   1 Answer

Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hamleys (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview of approx 10-20 people, looking for people who stands out. have their own style, not afraid to embarrass themselves. If you pass the group interview, we will then move you into a 1-1 interview (normally the same day). asking questions like 'How many hours can you work per week?' 'How flexible are you?'

Helper Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hamleys in June 2016.

Interview

It was funny group interview activities that you perform some funny activities then if your overall review allow to go to second stage and you will go to one to one interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamleys (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

easy group interview. had to try and sell a product and also act out a scene with your team. dont be boring. show them you have lots of energy.
    then they will pick who has got through to the 1:1. you will then be asked some questions in your 1 to 1.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability
      why do you want to work for us   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamleys (London, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Interview was a gorup interview with 20 or more people. Predominately young university students looking for part time jobs to go along with studies. Interview was really fun and bubbly. They are just looking for people who stand out. Group activities were straight forward, they are looking for people who are outspoken and engaging.
    If the group interview was successful then you would get called for a 1-1 interview, where they ask you about your work schedules.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hamleys (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I dropped off my CV at the store, got a phone interview, was invited to a group session, and a one-to-one interview. Interviews are not done by professionals but randomly selected people who work in the store, with one-to-one's done with the supervisor of the floor who is interested in recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What was your favourite toy and why?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hamleys (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

around 15-20 people in one room playing games and ice breakers. they ask you to sell a random product, selected from some cards, and are expecting you to be funny and confident, with a good customer service approach. A lot of fun and really helped everyone to bond before even getting passed the interview stages.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a superhero, what one would you be and why?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hamleys (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly quick and easy, was very informal because I was recommended by a friend.
    I had a talk with the manager and they were in need of staff so they asked me about my availability.
    They needed staff willing to do delivery shift (11pm). I agreed and I was then called in by the main office to attend a staff training day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Westminster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hamleys (City of Westminster, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and a one to one interview with the store manager, I was nervous at first but then got on very well and was able to answer every question fully. The process took about 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where you delivered great customer service?   Answer Question