Hanley Wood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hanley Wood Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2016

2.4

Frontend Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanley Wood in December 2016.

Interview

Consisted entirely of a 45 minute coding challenge, namely making a responsive site using html and bootstrap based on a few mockups. Should be fairly manageable if one knows bootstrap.

Overall, an average experience. Communication with the interviewer was terse, but not unfriendly (solely focused on the challenge). I wasn't chosen to move forward due to lack of industry experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a responsive site using bootstrap based off of mockups?   Answer Question

Web Producer Interview

Interview

The first interview went great and I had been contacted via email for a second interview within 5 minutes of leaving. (Literally.) During our interview, the director that I would be working closely with told me that the hiring decision was up to him but I would need to come in for more interviews to meet a few other people. I was completely fine with that because I felt like I was not wasting my time and the chances were looking pretty good. To schedule my second interview, they did not work with me to get a later time which resulted in me having to leave work early. I usually get out of work early and would not ask to meeting someone at 5 or 6. I left work early and was scheduled to meet with two people from the team. One did not make it so I interviewed with the other for about 10 minutes. I am
    Not sure how you can thoroughly determine whether someone is fit for a job in 10 minutes. I later went to Dan who I had first interviewed with and asked what next steps were, and he said that I may have to come in and interview with the woman who was not able to attend today's meeting. I was not offered the job which is fine but they did not bather letting me know, considering I traveled all the way to DC to meet with someone for 10 minutes who did not give me the time of day. I am positive that the second interviewer was the determining factor in looking at other candidates.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanley Wood (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

First had a phone screen from the recruiter, then had a phone interview with them personally, then in person interview. Took a month and a half for them to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Abilities to learn and perform the job, gave examples of multitasking at work - technical skills seemed important as they offer hardly any training for the job   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hanley Wood (Washington, DC).

Interview

No process, to be honest. They come up with new rounds as and when they feel appropriate. Stages so far:

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Technical interview with hiring manager
    3. Coding task
    4. Skype interview with 3 people - This round was supposed to be scheduled and the hiring manager kept changing the schedule. Finally when we decided on a time, he said there would be 2 skype interviews. This process was going on for a long time. I just made him aware of my situation saying I am very keen on the job and if it is possible to complete the process sooner and I have other offers. I think my honest email offended him and he replied rudely saying he can't compete with other offers and canceled the interview. I was kinda surprised with his email as I am sure no candidate would apply to just one company as no company would interview just one candidate for a particular position. Not sure what was so offensive about my email.

Interview Questions

• Coding test but I guess if you spend time, it's doable   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Good

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanley Wood.

Interview

Hiring was as expected. nothing out of left field

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about inside sales and outside sales   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanley Wood (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

phone interview then face to face

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hanley Wood (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

If you are normal looking and halfway qualified, you'll get second interview with upper management. The questions are basically about the kinds of collateral you have produced, and they are softballs. Bring a broad range of samples to leave behind. Be prepared for their specialty areas which are construction, homebuilding and so on, as well as their big client which is a big name in the overnight shipping industry.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hanley Wood (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a long phone interview with the in-house recruiter. She was very nice and responsive. Then, I had a brief phone interview with the Sr. Director of HR and never heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanley Wood (Irvine, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

There is one interview with a manager. They are looking for candidates interested in the field and will take entry level candidates if the candidate comes across as motivated and interested. Most questions explore whether you would be a good fit with the company in the desired role and investigate your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Generally about previous experience and what drives you to their industry. They like to get a sense of your career direction and goals.   1 Answer