Hanover Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hanover Research Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview

First you submit you application and take a personality test. If you know someone in the company, this first portion of the application process is essential skipped through their recommendation. You will then submit a writing sample, if you are applying for a quant position this should be a quant paper. Then you take a quick phone interview. Then you get a homework assignment to complete. Successful candidate will then get an interview with the quant Manger, an assistant quant manager, and the head of either the higher ed, k-12, or enterprise department, depending on the team you are being considered for (I do not remember much say in this).

Interview Questions

• Talk about the methodology you used in your sample report. What went good? What went bad? What was your results?   Answer Question

Apr 28, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. I know our interview process can be challenging but am glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to welcoming you to Hanover!

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview

Non existent interview process because of a highly unprofessional recruitment process. I was contacted for a first round phone screen after I took their online assessment. After giving them available times in the coming two weeks, I was not contacted till the end of that time because my email was lost by the recruiter. I provided another set of times I was available only to come across the same thing - the recruiter failed to reach out and I eventually just emailed saying I was not interested any more. Was never given notice that they had moved on with the hiring process, it seemed like the recruiter just forgot about/was too busy to respond to my email.

Was not given an interview/offer because they were not able to schedule a time for me to do the phone screen.

Mar 23, 2017 – CHRO

I am so sorry to read that you had a poor interview experience with Hanover Research and that your time was not respected. There is no excuse for this and I sincerely apologize on behalf of the ... More

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview and kept for about 20 minutes. We basically talked about the experience of myself and the situation of the company. The interviewee was very nice.

Survey Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to Hanover research online and was contacted by an HR representative within a couple of days. From there, I was directed to take an online assessment that measured a variety of things, including spacial awareness, typing speed and personality tests (to name a few parts).

After completing the online assessment, I was asked to interview with an HR representative, where I was asked about my past experience and learned more about the company and the role. At this point, I was also asked to indicate my desired salary (just a heads up that you should be doing your research about your role before the HR interview).

The next step was the most time-consuming: the survey assessment. I had 4 days to complete it, and it was requested that I spend no more than 8 hours on it. For the survey assessment, Hanover sent me a data set and a list of questions that they wanted answered pertaining to the data set. The list of questions also included an open-ended essay-type question that asked me to draw my own conclusions (key findings) from the data. So, basically I just cleaned the data, ran some analyses and wrote it up. It took about a week and a half for them to review my write-up and get back to me, but the feedback was positive and they decided to move forward with my application.

The final round interview consisted of three separate interviews over the span of an hour and a half. I interviewed with people I am currently working with/under. The questions were mostly behavioral and each interviewer made sure to give me time to ask my own questions about the role and company.

Interview Questions

Hanover Research Response

Apr 28, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you to Hanover!

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR and then in person or Skype interview with business development staff. Both were Very easy and basic questions. Immediate offer and start date

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Excellent. There was a 30-min Excel test done online before the in-person. Interview was pretty straight-forward; a one on one, 45 min interview with the controller (in this case, the person that the hire would be directly reporting to). Interview was a nice balance between questions about me and my qualifications vs information about the position and insight about company as a whole. No real major curveballs. The interviewer stated that she didn't really believe in resumes as a single indicator of a good candidate and instead preferred to establish more of a conversational feel with permission for both sides of the table to stop and interrupt. Very casual and relaxed. Definitely a culture I felt I could fit in with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what I should know about yourself that I can't already gather from your resume?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are sorry that you were unable to accept our offer and join our team but appreciate the kind words.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Met a representative at a university career fair, basic first round interview, interesting written assessment that gives you a great insight into the work you would be doing. Overall a great experience and the people I met seemed like the best you could hope to work with. Couldn't proceed with the process because I needed to accept elsewhere, but would recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Why Hanover over other companies that do similar work?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application onlyne and in 2-3 weeks I received an email with an invitation to take an online test. The test evaluated different aspects of my cognitive skills, personality, and general questions about my behavior in a work environment. The day after the test, I was asked to schedule a phone interview, the recruiter was very nice and mostly explained what the job was about and other information about the company and how it works, the second part of the interview was focused in my general background. 4 days after I got an email telling me that they decided to move forward with other applicants.
    Although I didn't get an offer, I would describe the process as smooth and the recruiter as nice. I would recomend applicants to read everything about the company in their website and their careers blog and to have a good idea of their potential contribution.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college job-board, and was contacted for a quick phone interview in the next few days. Conversation with recruiter was personable, packed with information and skills-related questions based on the resume I submitted. Then, was invited to interview in person at the VA office and contacted shortly after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone:

Walk me through your resume?
      What do you know about Hanover?
      What do you know about the Business Development role?
      Why sales?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Panel Interview:

-Walk me through your resume?
      -What do you know about the BDA role?
      -What is your favorite book?
      -What are your hobbies?
      -What keeps your motivated?
      -What are the most important qualities of a sales associate?
      -What kind of manager do you prefer?
      Panel interview flowed like a conversation.

Shadow:

Able to shadow a senior associate to learn software used on the job

1-on-1:
      -What do you know about Hanover?
      -I see you went to ___ University. What is a problem there that perhaps Hanover can fix? Walk me through your thinking.

Very transparent process, friendly people. You will know if they like you.
      1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Well I initially applied for one of the Research Associate positions, but Hanover claimed that I was more qualified for their Business Development Associate position (didn't give me any reason why), so I went ahead and interviewed anyway despite wanting a Research role.

My phone interviewer didn't seem very engaged in the interview and wasn't very warm. She seemed to be rattling off a checklist of questions rather than trying to have a conversation with me. Otherwise interview went relatively smoothly. I was sent an online assessment, which is really outdated recruiting method. A lot of the questions that were asked in the assessment could have been better answered over the phone if the interviewer took the time to ask.

After I got rejected by the interviewer over email, I tried tracking down the person who referred me to Business Development asking how I could improve my future prospects for a Research role at Hanover, but he would not respond to my emails.

I definitely would not waste my time trying to interview with this company--not very nice people at all.

Interview Questions

Hanover Research Response

Apr 10, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that you felt your recruiter was disinterested in getting to know you. Despite your impression of her interview style, I believe you were then invited ... More