Harmons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

1.8

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmons (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmons (Salt Lake City, UT).
    Small group interview where they ask questions. It is all people applying for all different departments so there are no specific questions about the job you want. Then a 2nd interview is where specifics are discussed and you are put into the department they need you in. They over all were both very easy and it seems hard to not get hired somewhere in the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

Interview

Very large group interview where they ask questions. It is all people applying for all different departments so there are no specific questions about the job you want. Then a 2nd interview is where specifics are discussed and you are put into the department they need you in. They over all were both very easy and it seems hard to not get hired somewhere in the store.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Harmons?
      What makes Harmons different?
      What can you bring to Harmons?
      Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harmons (West Valley City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

We had a group interview, they ask us all the same questions and we discuss them all together. If you are selected you have a second interview alone. If they like you then you are offered a job.

Cheese Monger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harmons (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Usually Starts with a group interview. Then they will put you through to meet with either the people support manager, or more likely, the Store director. The store director does not seem to have the final word, however, as the support office seems to have a bigger say in the matter.

Interview Questions

• Are you passonate about cheese?   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harmons (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I just filled out the paper app, at that time they did that. Not anymore, now it's all online. Then I had an interview, and they were understanding that I needed to give 2 weeks to my employer. It was one on one, and not a group interview. I was hired right on the spot with friends. It was different when I was hired. I then had training in a group.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience, and why did I want to work at Harmons. They asked me why I wanted to leave my employer, kinda tried to get me to talk bad about the employer, testing me to see if I would. I was honest, but, didn't get in on the company bashing.   Answer Question

Dairy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harmons (Farmington, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

First, there was a really unusual group interview that felt like a marketing focus group instead of an interview. After that, there was a very short one-on-one interview with the store director. It seemed really rushed, but a pretty standard interview. Personnel at all levels during this process seemed frazzled and unprepared. It didn't really seem to effect the interview process too much though.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about Harmons as a brand?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmons (Midvale, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the People Support Manager via email and cell phone to set up an appointment for me to come in to a group interview with her and another applicant. She asked us a few questions but told us we only had to answer the last one (Why do you want to work here?). A few days after I was notified that she had decided I could move on to a one-on-one interview with the store director, during which interview I was hired on the spot. I went back to the PSM and filled out some paperwork. she copied my social security card, started a background check.

Meat Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harmons (Saint George, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews. One with the human resources manager, and one with the store director. The first one was a group interview. I just made the others laugh and be relaxed and the place was jovial. I got a second interview and that one was pretty much what department I wanted to pick. Very easy on both ends.

Natural and Specialty Foods Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmons (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

Every store-level job requires a group interview. People in these interviews are applying for every level of position (from bagger to manager). The questions are mostly intended to see how the applicants work around others. Also, several questions are begging applicants to stroke the company's ego. (Ex: What makes Harmons different? Why do you shop at Harmons?)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harmons (Taylorsville, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Very Professional, Human Resources Department was through gave a basic interview, then had me interview with a senior pharmacy tech for more job specific questions. The Senior pharmacy tech had asked me directly job related questions necessary to pharmacy such as dispensing, and brand to generic questions.

Interview Questions

• The senior tech had asked me some brand/generic questions.   1 Answer