Harris Federation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Harris Federation

2.9

ITE Trainee Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Federation (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Interview process was enjoyable and not too daunting. The staff are lovely and friendly and make you feel welcome. The interview started with two group discussions (15ish people in my session) about an educational subject. We then went on to teach a 5min lesson to a panel of 4. Then I had my interview with the same panel. Be confident and let your passion come through - they don’t expect you to be a full teacher yet! I received an offer a week after the interview. They had tried to get through to me to make the offer on the day but there were some issues with their phone so you may hear sooner than 1 week. Next stage: Meeting headteacher of your placement school.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harris Federation.

Interview

Started with being introduced to two students that interviewed me to find out more about me and if they felt I would be a great Staff for their fellow students. This was followed by the Head and Deputy Head Teachers Interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe you can offer to the Academy?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Federation (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Asked to teach a 50 minute lesson to a class of students, given general data about their ability and an exam board specification to base it around.

After, had an interview with the headteacher and the subject coordinator. Asked questions about education history, why I would like the job and safeguarding.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Federation (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Bog standard, standard questions, head teacher unpleasant and difficult to see working with. Seemed unprofessional and dismissive. They were rude to another candidate in front of me. She dismissed them in front of all the other candidates, really rudely.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Federation (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Taught small GCSE class with subject content given in advance, in a classroom with 8 students and two people observing. Class was 35 minutes long. students were well behaved and eager to learn and engage with the content.

Interview Questions

• current thoughts on GCSE and ALevel specification changes, impacts in the classroom etc   Answer Question

Intial Teacher Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Federation (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Their team are friendly and attentive.

The day is split into three parts. Teaching assessment; formal interview and a written task. They are all straight forward if you prepare. The group interview wasn't as intense as I thought. Just be sure to put yourself out there.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Norwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harris Federation (Upper Norwood, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

2 practicals were set up. one physics electricity and the one second a chemistry making up a solution. The panel interview had lab based questions and safe guarding questions.

Teacher Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Federation (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Made to do a group task, discussed in groups about policies which the interviewers provided us. They were looking at how we interacted with each other, and how we were able to bring other people into the conversation. Also done two written task, very generic and quite easy so nothing to worry about (one based on our own subject). We then waited to go into our individual interviews with three interviewers and began by doing a 10-minute introductory lesson where they acted as children. Just keep it interactive, and ensure that you keep your eyes on the interviewees as they are looking at how you can keep them focused on the task.

Interview Questions

• 1) What skills do you have that will make you a good teacher?
      2) Why teach this topic, why is it a good time to go into teaching?
      3) How can you deal with criticism?
      4) What three skills does an outstanding teacher have?   Answer Question