Harrison College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume. Brief phone interview. Two in person interviews. All held at the campus. Met with director of enrollment and senior director of enrollment. All very brief interviews. Didn't ask too many questions. Basically wanted to know if you have a pulse.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

Series of interviews and a cattle call information session. Wasn't a professional session with a few who walked out. The 1:1 came after the session. Felt unmotivated and disorganized. Few weeks later both managers resigned. Seems to be in a little directionless stage right now. Going through a series of management changes and looking for direction across management.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrison College in September 2015.

Interview

First, a phone interview was conducted.
    After a week, a panel interview was conducted.
    Now I am scheduled for a third interview with the campus director and the financial aid director.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you or one of your coworkers were able to turn a negative experience into a positive one? How was this achieved?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weekness?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

I'm still in the process of the interview, but has had 2 thus far. I have never been to an interview that was so honest. They speak to you directly about what they're looking for and the qualities you need to possess in order to be successful in this position. If you don't like sales, marketing, helping others or you can't handle criticism or sometimes angry hang-ups, they don't want you to accept any position. Very clear and very honest.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • How can you involve current responsibilities at your job with that if an Admissions Rep?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Even with no direct Admissions experience, you're able to use your knowledge of previous experience to help negotiate a reasonable wage. This isn't a commission based sales position. It's a business with recruiting.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrison College (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

I quickly spoke with the IT manager and less than 24 hours later I was scheduled to speak with the VP of IT. The entire process was very straightforward and generalized questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• General IT background questions and background information on Harrison College.   Answer Question

Student Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later for an on-the-spot phone interview. A few days after the phone interview I got a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. Met with the Hiring Supervisor, someone else in the same position, and the Campus President. Questions were mostly about my experience and how would I handle certain situations with students and faculty. Recieved an offer at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a faculty member whose student was having issues with them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harrison College (Grove City, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I saw a position posted online for an adjunct. I applied for the position. I was called and asked to come in for an interview. I was not really 100% what they were looking for in that position, but my background and education matched with another position they had open and asked me if I was interested in teaching a different class. They sent me the syllabus for the class to review, I let them know that I was interested, and I started teaching the following quarter.

Interview Questions

• Did I have teaching experience and why did I want to teach?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrison College (Grove City, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very informal. Basic questions were asked about my experience, strengths and weaknesses, and why I feel I would be good fit for the position.

Negotiation

They asked me what the minimum salary I would accept. The offered me higher than my minimum.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrison College.

Interview

Interview process involved a short phone screening, followed by a face-to-face interview with seven people. Most were in person, but there were two participating via phone. The individuals included the incumbent job holder, a direct report, and leaders form other areas with which the position interacted. Oddly, the hiring manager did not participate in the interview. I was asked a very wide range of questions depending on the perspective of the person asking the question. Most of the focus was on my current job and some of the changes that I had implemented in that position. This past experience was very relevant to the job I was interviewing for. The interview wasn't to terribly challenging because I just had to talk a lot about my past work and describe some of the details on how I did what I did and what drove my decision making. The position I was interviewing for also involved people management responsibilities, so I was also asked questions about my people management style and practices. They were clearly concerned with getting someone who would manage people in a manner consistent with the organization's values.

After the face-to-face interview there was about a month where things didn't move forward. Harrison expressed interest in moving forward, but it didn't happen quickly. Eventually, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and a second phone interview with his manager. The second interview was conducted on a Saturday morning to fit it into the Provost's schedule. The hiring manager called me immediately after that interview and made an offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really find any of the questions very difficult, but the two most detailed ones were about my experience implementing operational systems in my current position and a question about my management style. In both cases, I was asked for specific details and examples that showed how I approached the situations. We spent a lot of time talking about both of these topics and I was asked a number of clarifying questions from different members of the interview panel. Each had their own perspective that they wanted to explore. I didn't really find the questions difficult, because I just had to talk about my experiences. For others interviewing, you should be prepared to talk about past work in detail, not just at a surface level. Also be prepared for behavioral interview questions where they ask you to give an example of a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

My current salary was well outside the range for this position, and they did make an offer that was competitive with where I was. This meant that there was no room for salary negotiation, but they did offer me some perks such as a paid cell phone, additional vacation time, and a small personal development stipend.

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrison College in October 2013.

Interview

Email communication. Initial phone interview 35 minutes with one person. Additional online interview & presentation with two people. Quick response time.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize assignments from different constituencies with different deadlines?   Answer Question