Harvey Mudd College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvey Mudd College Interview Questions

2.3

Math Grader Interview

Interview

Apply through the Math Department, get interviewed by a professor, and then determine your work schedule. It was a pretty smooth process, and I actually enjoyed talking to the professors and figuring out what classes I wanted to grade for. I appreciate the Math Department for taking the time to make sure that the graders are interested in what they are grading for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to grade for these classes?
      How did you do in these classes?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Mudd College (Claremont, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Round robin interviews with current team members and manager. Stage 1: Deputy CIO called for phone interview. Stage 2: in office interview with Deputy CIO. Stage 3: round robin interviews with current staff. After round robin interviews, the team went into committee to discuss the interviews. Later I was called with a tentative offer. I called back with an answer and a start date.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harvey Mudd College (Claremont, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply Online with your resume and some other details. If chosen then you have 1-2 interviews 1:1 with the professor regarding your background and technical knowledge. Professors are usually very friendly.

Tip: Speak to the professor before your interview and convey your interest regarding why you are interested and talk about your prior experience.

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Mudd College (Claremont, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume and two references. Made it past two screenings and interviewed with the professor running the research group. It was a fairly informal interview, and it lasted about 30 minutes. Heard back the next week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Mudd College (Claremont, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted a personal statement online for all C.S. summer research positions. For the one I really wanted I was able to sign up for an interview. After the interview, I got an email from the professor within the next week informing me that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were to get stuck while trying to solve a problem, what steps would you take to overcome this hurdle?   Answer Question

Not Listed Interview

Interview

Regular interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Mentor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Mudd College in May 2013.

Interview

We were asked what we would do in certain situations that would come up with incoming freshmen students. It was in front of 2 administrators but overall it was not super intense. I did not prepare but still got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What activity would you plan that would challenge the students to build friendship and community?   Answer Question

Design Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Mudd College (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I met the company at a job fair and gave them my resume on a whim. Within two weeks I was contacted for an interview.

The interview was a group interview, where me and 5 other applicants were placed in a room with 3 engineers. The first part consisted of a series of exercises designed to test our critical thinking skills, such as riddles and very basic design tests. It was actually really enjoyable, and the senior engineers seemed very approachable and nice.

The second phase consisted of the applicants asking questions about the company, followed by a tour of the company.

CS Grutor Interview

Interview

It's pretty easy to get hired as a CS70 grutor, because they need a lot of them. You have to fill out an application. I joined a week late, and didn't have an interview. I emailed the professor I had for the class and asked if I could be a grutor.