Hatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hatch Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hatch.

Interview

Applied through summer program. Quick phone interview before they brought me in (I live pretty close to their office). Generally the interviewers (3 engineers) were pretty friendly and as a student the questions they asked were not very difficult on the technical side. Office tour and all that jazz as well when I dropped by.

Interview Questions

• What in particular about being a professional engineer appeals to you?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Received interview through summer program. Casual atmosphere and mostly fit questions. Not many technical or engineering questions considering that I was in high school at that point and would not be able to answer them anyway - the jobs that I was eventually put on were basic research. Would recommend to younger students.

Interview Questions

• Why are you going for this internship over another one?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Traditional, candidates are more prepared than interviewers. Circulated between members of senior staff. Filled out application form that requested salary history. The hiring decision maker was slow to decide, needed followup prompting.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall being challenged by any questions because I was working with a good job-seeking adviser at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good - negotiation was not necessary.

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hatch (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted via email about setting up interview time. The interview was scheduled, and at this time, I was informed there would also be a candidate assessment test, and I should expect to be there for 2 hours. When I arrived, I was told the candidate assessment test would take place first, with the interview to follow.

The candidate assessment test consisted of a ~6-7 page booklet of questions. The first couple of pages consisted of behavioral question, such as "Give an example of a time when a coworker disagreed with you. How can you learn from this situation? Would you have done anything differently?, etcc" Each question for this first part of the test contained multiple questions and you were expected to answer in detail. The second part of the test consisted of position specific questions. In my case, there were questions relating to engineering, common acronyms, codes, etc. I was also asked to solve "simple" engineering problems in this test as well. You are given 1 hour to complete all questions. You write all answers, including short answers, essays, etc., for this test on the booklet, you don't use a computer. In that hour time-frame, you are also asked to fill out a paper application.

After the assessment test, you are interviewed. I was interviewed by the manager, division leader, and HR, for a total of 3 people. They asked general questions that can be expected in an interview. They didn't really have a set list of questions to were working off from. The interviewers gave opportunities to "sell yourself" in place of asking question after question.

Architectural Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hatch.

Interview

It's short and all normal questions will be asked in architectural jobs. And ask your former work experience like what did u do and how do you solve the problem

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with human resources to verify that I met the initial requirements and to verify that I was able to work in Mississauga for 16 months. My second interview was also by phone since I am a student in Kingston. The second interview was with two engineers. They mostly asked me questions about myself and from my resume. The interview was easy going and felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called in for a one on one interview with a senior manager in the division. We sat down and went over my resume, the interviewer asked some questions about any previous education and training. It was very casual. This was by far the easiest interview I've ever had.

Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First Interview: Phone interview with a director
    Heard back within a week to schedule second interview
    Second interview: At the office in Mississauga. 3 hours long speaking with 6 different people but less of an interview feel and more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Tell me about yourself and why Hatch. Tell me about a recent project you worked on. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Compare your skills to the list of skills required for the position.   Answer Question

New Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with hiring manager (20 min, very casual). Second round was an in-person interview at the Mississauga office consisting of six consecutive 30 minute interviews with different members of the team. Very friendly and casual, every employee was very professional and showed genuine interest in getting to know me as a prospective team member. The focus was more on finding a good fit for the team than on particular technical skills. Was quite tiring to do so many consecutive interviews (don't be afraid to ask for a break!). HR was also very helpful and professional throughout the entire hiring process. Nice office.

Interview Questions

• -describe your final year design project
      -describe your current research
      -why are you interested in working for Hatch?
      -why are you interested in this particular group at Hatch?   Answer Question

Graduate Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of principals in charge of the different sectors of the firm. The principals were very friendly, and honest in their attempts to determine whether I was the right fit for the position and vice versa, whether the firm the firm was in line with my personal and professional interests.